Author Topic: Ironwood  (Read 6627 times)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Lighthouse, direct Roloff "programs"
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 11:51:17 PM »
I have friends that were incarcerated there.  As bad as Jubilee and Rebekah were, they were a fucking cake walk comparitively speaking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
I agree Hurikayne
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 10:16:13 PM »
I have heard the horror stories too, and I agree.  The truly sick part is you have to really work at it to be worse than Rebekah and Bethesda, and I think Ruth Home of Compassion was even worse than VCA if that is possible.  It is all a big disgusting mess.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Ironwood
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »
Ironwood Maine on Fornits Wiki

I can see that this tread is turning into a Roloff tread but I think that Ironwood is more alike Turn-about in Utah, which is a freeze your butt of until you break facility.

Ironwood has Frye and Turn-about has Roundy which is unheated and where warm drinks it the ice you dry in the sun.

I think that they are too open to be A Roloff spin-off. News letters, too many pictures etc. Of course there is isolation from family and friends and something they call a degree, which also can be won at a 6-flag amusement park, but are we talking of the lighthouse education or a more serious diploma mill?