Author Topic: animal planet movie: "hope ranch"  (Read 2400 times)

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
animal planet movie: "hope ranch"
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »
animal planet is showing a movie called "hope ranch" looks to be about troubled teens.. thought it might be of interest
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »
Where is it located?

My daughter attended a program called Hope Ranch.  Wonder if it's the same place ... ????.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:18:01 AM »
Hope your daughter is ok.

:rofl:
Terrible wit I know.

Is it me or does it seem like over the last year their has been a bit of a glut of programmie style films?
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:27:40 AM »
my husband watched it..he said it was adults from prison?
wish I would have known and watched it to be sure.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Several hope Ranches
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
There are several Hope Ranches out there. The one for the teenages girls (Star Meadows Academy - bib overall uniform) is located near Whitefish and has following statement on their FAQ-page:

Does Star Meadows Academy Hope Ranch take students who are not willing to go there?   Yes. The majority of our students do not come willingly to Hope Ranch/Star Meadows Academy. Our Admissions Director can help you determine the best way to get your daughter to us and on her way to lifelong healing.

What can I say? 3 a.m. - handcuffs and legirons: Admissions

The facility in Whitefish also has a Myspace group and some funny stories in the local press:Hide and seek.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 03:09:39 PM »
the kids involved were three 16 and 17 yr old boys... hope ranch was one of their last chances before they got tried in adult court.  i only glanced at this movie briefly, i didnt have the attention span to watch the whole thing

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Another Ranch
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
I found this entry on IMDB.

My friend - the writer - have investigated the facility in Whitefish for some time and will send the material for my webpage once he is finished abusing the information, but I have been told that the facility in Whitefish is for girls only.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 04:30:01 PM »
synopsis:

Not dissimilar to such earlier Hollywood features as Boys' Ranch and Johnny Holiday, this made-for-cable drama stars Bruce Boxleitner as ex-cop and former marine J.T. Hope. The owner of a 2,000-acre ranch in Utah, Hope makes it his mission in life to rehabilitate youngsters who, as a result of their criminal records, have been deemed incorrigible. In this instance, Hope focuses his attention on a trio of street punks, including incipient drug-dealer Keith Frazier (Brian Gross). With the help of his no-nonsense ranchhands Colt (Lorenzo Lamas) and Shorty (Barry Corbin), Hope works the boys hard and long (12 hours a day, in fact), tending the horses, cleaning out the barns, and tackling other such grueling chores -- all the while promising the kids that if after two weeks they have straightened themselves out, they will not have to return to the penal system. At first reacting in horror to the strict regimen of Hope's ranch (one of the teens declares, "What is this? An episode of Survivor?"), two of the boys begin showing signs of redemption, and even begin to enjoy their working vacation in the great outdoors. Alas, Keith proves to be a bigger challenge than Hope had anticipated, especially when the boy steals some horse tranquilizers and escapes into the mountains. One of the first films to be produced exclusively for the Animal Planet cable network, Hope Ranch debuted on September 2, 2002. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
Real all star line up there.
am the metal pig.