Author Topic: Who on Japanese Auto Makers  (Read 3557 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Who on Japanese Auto Makers
« on: July 27, 2007, 08:12:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
BUT why in the world would these HLA staff members accept that BS? If the pay remains the same and you are having to do three different jobs, why the hell would you do it? It is A JOKE. Kees de Vente is listed on HLA's website as the Spiritual Coordinator and yet they have him trying to reconstruct these children's final transcripts that have left HLA. The transcripts are coming signed by Kees de Vente and under his name it says Assistant Director of Academics.  How does being a minister give you the qualifications of being Assistant Director of Academics?

I wouldn’t be too concerned its fairly common now a days,  we can thank our Japanese friends.  Companies like Toyota, Sony and Nippon steel started this trend of efficiency back in the 1960’s and that is why they kicked our butts in the 1980’s and continue to do so in almost any industry.  If you ever call and ask for the “Quality Manager” for example you will never hear “He is not in today”.  Instead you will be transferred to the person above or below him who will address himself as the “Quality Manager”.  The Japanese instituted “cross training” which allowed the company to move along efficiently if someone left the company or called in sick.

They train each employee to learn the job above them and below them so people can be moved, if needed, more easily.  They don’t pay you anymore in salary if you do your bosses job for a period of time but at the same time they don’t reduce your pay if you move one step lower also.  So it works out over time.  Of course it works out better for the company than it does for the employees  (I am sure that doesn’t surprise anyone) and allows the businesses to keep their head count lower, thereby reducing their salary base.  Many midsized companies are starting to integrate this system themselves in the US.
 ::hatter::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 09:17:14 AM »
I guess it is up to you whether you will accept that kind of treatment or not. Guess it depends on how badly you need a job! For me, I am worth more than that.

I see your point .  If you are the type of person who just wants to do the job they were hired for and stay in that position then most companies will allow you to do this but you will limit your chances of getting promoted (and may be on the short list when lay-offs come around).  Most people who take the attitude “I am not getting paid to do that” don’t get very far now a days.  Bosses like to see people take on more of a challenge, see what peoples upper limit is (i.e. see if they enjoy or are competent at doing their bosses job for a day and/or can communicate effectively with people below them which is important at all echelons.)  People typically don’t get promoted into a full time position unless they have proven they can handle it effectively.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »
BUT why in the world would these HLA staff members accept that BS? If the pay remains the same and you are having to do three different jobs, why the hell would you do it? It is A JOKE. Kees de Vente is listed on HLA's website as the Spiritual Coordinator and yet they have him trying to reconstruct these children's final transcripts that have left HLA. The transcripts are coming signed by Kees de Vente and under his name it says Assistant Director of Academics.  How does being a minister give you the qualifications of being Assistant Director of Academics?

I wouldn’t be too concerned its fairly common now a days,  we can thank our Japanese friends.  Companies like Toyota, Sony and Nippon steel started this trend of efficiency back in the 1960’s and that is why they kicked our butts in the 1980’s and continue to do so in almost any industry.  If you ever call and ask for the “Quality Manager” for example you will never hear “He is not in today”.  Instead you will be transferred to the person above or below him who will address himself as the “Quality Manager”.  The Japanese instituted “cross training” which allowed the company to move along efficiently if someone left the company or called in sick.

They train each employee to learn the job above them and below them so people can be moved, if needed, more easily.  They don’t pay you anymore in salary if you do your bosses job for a period of time but at the same time they don’t reduce your pay if you move one step lower also.  So it works out over time.  Of course it works out better for the company than it does for the employees  (I am sure that doesn’t surprise anyone) and allows the businesses to keep their head count lower, thereby reducing their salary base.  Many midsized companies are starting to integrate this system themselves in the US.

This post is bologna.  I do business in Japan all the time and my emplyer is a Japanese company.  They are NOT "cross trained," they are highly specialized and compartmentalized in job functions.  THIS is why they are good at their jobs, not "cross training."
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seriously?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

You must be kidding.  This analogy does not apply to HLA.  This must The Who posting again - the faulty logic in this argument is just his style!

Do you seriously think that it is appropriate for HLA to just "cross-train" someone in the admissions department to be a counselor?  Just because someone has been cross-trained does not mean they know how to do that job, especially since they do not have the education or licensure necessary.  Cross-training a counselor to do admissions work is a different story.  Last time I checked you do not need years of specialized education and training to be an admissions counselor.  A minister doing work in the Admissions department does not concern me - what concerns me is the admissions counselor dispensing medicine, or the English teacher taking over peer groups.  And from what former students have said, this type of thing happens frequently at HLA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »
What an idiot.  How can you possibly compare the automobile industry to what's being done to these kids?  You look at it as a business, I look at it as fucking around with kids psyches.  

Bottom line.  HLA lies about the educational backgrounds and qualifications of their staff.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
What an idiot.  How can you possibly compare the automobile industry to what's being done to these kids?  You look at it as a business, I look at it as fucking around with kids psyches.

A druggie is like a pizza -- you have to leave them in 'til they're done!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
You must be kidding. This analogy does not apply to HLA. This must The Who posting again - the faulty logic in this argument is just his style!

I think you read it too quickly, this is not an analogy.  It is a direct comparison.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:31 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
You must be kidding. This analogy does not apply to HLA. This must The Who posting again - the faulty logic in this argument is just his style!
/quote]

I think you read it too quickly, this is not an analogy.  It is a direct comparison.

Analogy, direct comparison - any way you slice it, it does not apply to HLA's situation.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »
I think the pizza analogy works much better!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
TheWho is like Alberto Gonzales and Scooter Libby rolled into one:  He lies constantly and uses absolutely tortured logic all of the time.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »
TheWho is like Alberto Gonzales and Scooter Libby rolled into one:  He lies constantly and uses absolutely tortured logic all of the time.

TheWho is a fucking genius!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »
Quote from: ""Dr Fucktard""

Ha,Ha,Ha,  I remember that one.  I liked that one too!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 01:02:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Dr Fucktard""

Ha,Ha,Ha,  I remember that one.  I liked that one too!!

Oh I bet you do.  That was coined by the infamous Randall Hinton of WWASPS fame.

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... nton+pizza

There used to be a video with his hideous face smiling as he's talking about the violence used on the kids and his pizza reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp9OTkwr ... ed&search=

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 01:09:48 PM »
the who seems to think of us kids as cars, to be "theraputisized" assebly line style.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »
the who seems to think of us kids as cars, to be "theraputisized" assebly line style.

The pizza analogy is better.