Author Topic: Manufacturer of restraints (Peninsula Village etc.)  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manufacturer of restraints (Peninsula Village etc.)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
Checmical restraint is done by over medicating patients and prisoners on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »
I had a colleague who is in wheel chair due to the people not restraining him after a car accident, which damaged his spinal column.

Some of the restraint are made to help people but are used in a way the supplier did not intend. The restraint net used at PV is such a thing. It is sold in a size for adults. It was never intended to be used on a child. If they meant that, they would have sold a shorter size and made the leg cuffs unnecessary.

International there are rules about selling Leg-iron to certain countries and they are rarely seen in Europe - even in prisons.

What PV and other facilities are doing is using the restraint in a way, which is not what the supplier recommend. In my country it is illegal to leave a person in restraint without supervision for even a minute. Posey does also state in their manual, that a staff member has to be present all time.

PV state in their parent manual (page 7) that they do not use restraints as punishment or lift the burden of the staff, but as you can read in this tread, they fail to mention the addional restraint of the legs in relationship with the net and they leave the area where a patient is restrained.

They lie.

Of course we even in Denmark use restraints in the three approved facilities for convicted youth. Here is one: Egely.
But everytime it is used, they have to imform the authorities.

Still there is differences between PV and the Danish facility. Here is a daily schedule:

07:45 - 08:30 Wakeup, chores, breakfast
08:30 - 09:15 Shopping in the in-house shop
09:15 - 12:00 School or repair shop (wood, repair of bicycles), some are selected to cook in the kitchen and do other kitchen chores.
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch. Taste good or bad depending of the skills of the inmates.
13:00 - 15:30 School or repair shop (wood, repair of bicycles)
15:00 - 18:00 Personal time (They can play soccer in a hall),  some are selected to cook in the kitchen and do other kitchen chores.
18:00 - 18:30 Dinner
18:30 - 22:30 Activities in dorm or at own room (during lock-downs), If they can stay in the dorm, they can choose to watch TV, play on computers, billiards
22:30           Own room, light out.

No child can enter this facility without a conviction in a court of law.

I will like to clearify that I do not like to see a child in a restraint jacket - neither in handcuffs and I do certainly not like having people locked up or banished without trial.

I know that talking about the method of restraints are very unpleasent, but we need to find every single place in their own manuals where they lie and point it out to parents and the public, so they have to leave the business.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »
The story I posted about being restrained in psych hospital before they technically were following procedure. I looked up their operating handbook online and read it. They have three stage intervention.
1. Verbal warning
2. Time out
3. Seclusion & (possible) restraint they say offer liquid in cup first

If you make too much noise int he seclusion room they tell them to then tie you up and say that's what they are supposed to do. So they follow procedure. I think the problem is that the entire paradigm that this is supposed to HELP kids is wrong. Would of been better helped by simply opening the door and letting me go. The attempted psychiatric domestication of youth is traumatic and hurtful to human beings, but they don't see it for some reason. Maybe if it happened to them one day they would never be able to order this treatment on others. This is the very dark side of society and our own domestication I think. It's like watching them break a wild animal at the zoo. And yet people don't see anything wrong with that either. Destroying spirits is not something I would be able to do so lightly, "just because that's the way things are or I was told to do it".

When you look an independent spirit in the eyes, animal or human you know what you are looking at. When you look at a broken spirit you also know immediately what you are looking at, and these places, all of them, are designed to change the eyes from independence and strength into fear and confusion, the eyes of a broken animal. That is what they attempt to do at least, although human spirit is much stronger than they ever realized probably because they alwasy seemed surrpsie people are willing to stand up to their bullshit and fight back. They don't, understand it... why would they. If they did they wouldn't be there.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »
The restraint sections on both the posey site and that wicked medical supply site are now bookmarked.

Fuck amazon wish lists, I'll just direct everyone to those links for my birthday and Hanukkah.

Here is how obsessed I used to be with John Posey: I researched and wrote a paper on him, and I wasn't even in school.

ring around the rosy
a bed with six point poseys

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »
i was in the bed net numerous times. It kind of resembles the picture you linked except your arms and legs were strapped down. (you could still release yourself at the arms if you really tried, but then you would just get more hours strapped to the bed) however, i will not say that i wasn't monitered in the bed net. You see, on STU it is just one big dayroom, where you sleep, eat, do group in. There is a bathroom with 3 showers and stalls and then a small "time-out" room. That is the whole unit. It is impossible to be restrained to the bed and have them ignore you because you are in the room with everyone else, staff and patients, while you are being restrained. A nurse came by every 30 minutes and checked my heart rate.

I was never in the burrito (straight jacket) but i saw it used on one girl. It looked more like the transport jacket. It did not have the straps in the back. while she was in this they allowed her to roll around in the mulch while we were doing Vocational work (this was in the cabins). While we walked they held on to her, one staff one each side.

Offline milkblood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 04:26:35 PM »
^^that was me, by the way
eninsula Village
June2003 - Febuary2004

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
When my wife asked the PV family therapist about the "burrito", she acted like she had no idea what it was, and very shocked that my wife knew.  When my step daughter was restrained, they brought out the burrito, more as a threat, apparently.  My wife said it looked like a transport jacket, too.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Regarding the Posey Restraint Net
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
It seems that the 1996 model has 5 nylon straps there are connect at each side to the bed. Two of the straps have nylon cuffs for the upper and lower arm.

Se the Manual for the net.

But the real question is the leg restraints. As you can see there is a strap going down the middle. But a teenager is shorter than the target group, so such a person can get his or her legs on the same side of the middle strap. So in order to prevent this they use additional restraints, but what? Leather cuffs?

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Re: Regarding the Posey Restraint Net
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
It seems that the 1996 model has 5 nylon straps there are connect at each side to the bed. Two of the straps have nylon cuffs for the upper and lower arm.

Se the Manual for the net.

But the real question is the leg restraints. As you can see there is a strap going down the middle. But a teenager is shorter than the target group, so such a person can get his or her legs on the same side of the middle strap. So in order to prevent this they use additional restraints, but what? Leather cuffs?

no they werent leather... it was like this black velcro thing..
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline milkblood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 10:27:38 PM »
yeah, they didn't use leather for the ankle straps. It was velcro
eninsula Village
June2003 - Febuary2004

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Vecro alternative.
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 03:00:24 AM »
If the ankles cuffs were not connected but only strapped on each side to the bed frame, it could be this product.

Posey Quick-Release T-A-T Cuff

It seems that PV is very cost-conscious and such product can be washed in a machine, where leather requires special cleaning.

It raises another question: It STU is fitted out, so it is easy to overlook and they have almost no extra cost for cleaning of the restraints equipment and the staff is in place already, why charge extra for restraining a detainee, when it so clearly is a funtamental part of their therapy to provoke the detainee in such a matter that it leaves no other alternative than the use of restraints?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 03:06:08 AM »
it was a single piece that strapped around the mattress...it had a strap for each leg..it was black and velcro
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 03:27:24 AM »
http://www.humanerestraint.com/page6.html

that looks more like it... the ankle straps right here... this is what they are like the hook and loop closure ones
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante