Author Topic: Funny article  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Funny article
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2007, 08:54:04 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Guest""
I don't understand the problem here, Mods.  Get this guy off the site.  What?  300 pages of useless drivel isn't enough of a monument to this moron's ego?  GET RID OF THEWHO.  He's been banned.  Keep him banned.  I'm SO SICK of this guy humiliating, degrading and belittling survivors of heinous abuse.  GET HIM GONE ALREADY.

I don’t see where this thread has anything to do with abuse, unless you consider posting a persons wedding announcement for the joy and purpose of humiliating her for all her friends and family to witness abusive.
Does anyone see humiliation, degradation and belittlement?  So does getting banned work both ways?  Or is this held solely for those who disagree with the majority?
Shouldn’t we apply this standard equally to all posters?

Yep, that girl is probably totally humiliated that her PUBLIC wedding announcement was re-posted elsewhere on the Internet.  I mean, really, she had such a legitimate expectation of privacy!   :roll:  Not to mention that I'm sure she and all of her family and friends are trolling Fornits and are now outraged.  Please.  Unless you know this family personally, spare us all your righteous indignation.[/i]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Funny article
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2007, 08:55:58 AM »
I went onto the HLA website and, low and behold, the faculty listing does not show a Danielle Amigone or Danielle Howard.  Perhaps she is a recent hire and they have not gotten around to updating the website yet.  Or perhaps they are not putting her information up there because it is proof that they hired an addiction counselor without a master's degree or license.  Which is more likely?  Considering HLA's track record, I'd say the latter.

Also interesting - Daryl Beard is listed as the Counselor Coordinator.  His bio states that he is a National Certified Counselor.  But when I went to the association's website and searched for him, he was not listed in the database as a nationally certified counselor.  See for yourself:

http://www.nbcc.org/counselorfind
Scroll down to the bottom, type in his name and set the state for Georgia.  No match.

Then of course there is Clay Erickson, the Director of Addiction Services.  He earned a Master of Arts from Antioch University.  A Master of Arts in what, exactly?  Why wouldn't they list his major, like they did for everyone else?  Did they just forget, or did they omit it on purpose because it is not counseling-related?  He is also not licensed as a Substance Abuse Professional in Georgia - see for yourself.

http://naadac.org/sap/list.php?StateID=GA

Too many "ifs" and "maybes" in my opinion.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Funny article
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2007, 09:51:26 AM »
Be sure to report these violations of Georgia law to ORS.  Using unlicensed drug counselors is illegal and violates the terms of HLA's conditional temporary license.

Please contact Keith Bostick at ORS to lodge a formal complaint.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Funny article
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
There's more to Erickson's story
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=16983
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Funny article
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »
yeah daryl is definitely not qualified. He's one of the most [seemingly] uneducated individuals working for HLA. although he still is a decent guy and i dont have any beef with him, He's one of the "whitest" black people i have ever met. dont call me a racist becouse i'm not being racist, you know exactly what i mean.

and about the reposting of a news article on the net, it's the internet. if something is posted on public domain without a copyright then it's fair game. i mean, come on, do you really think the world's spoiled celebrities like getting photographed every second of their life,  to have the pictures of their day to day lives up on the net and tabloids? no. of course not. some do, but most hate it. but the reason it keeps on happening is becouse it's legal, and there is a demand for the celebrities. it may be unethical but it's 100% legal. HLA is also very unethical, but also (mostly, for now) legal. we will continue to use our legal right to post stuff on this site, regardless of how unethical the posts are, to clean up HLA. it's called fighting fire with fire dimwit. and there's alot of demand for our fire. once HLA cleans up it's act there wont be anymore demand for my, or our "fire"; then we will shut up and stop posting people's wedding announcements on this board.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: regarding that
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2007, 12:34:15 PM »
Quote from: ""SH""
One other thing that is occuring on a higher level on the reservation is Diabetes. My mom says a very large percentage have it, I believe the type II version. We have discussed this particular issue because type I diabetes runs in my family (my father, 3 cousins, my great grandfather, etc) and 2 people had type II. theres been a debate about whether Type I is genetic, which, I feel it is. About type II though, that is usually caused by diet, being overweight, etc. But this is the type that the Cherokee have in a larger percentage. So, for this item, I was thinking maybe it was their diet, but, I found a study while looking up the alcoholism study yesterday that stated that the same genes that can cause alcohol to not be processed well is the same gene they feel that can cause type II diabetes. It has to do with sugar metabalization. I think its a possibility, but then again type II is a preventable disease so I think it just maybe makes you more of a candidate, not necesarily a definate thing that you would get diabetes. And just because you may have a genetic possibility to become more of an alcoholic (the idea that some dispute), doesnt mean you would have to become one, just makes you slightly more prone to it if you choose to drink. JMHO.

http://www.peele.net/faq/native.html

Further Reading

Does the disease concept of alcoholism benefit Native Americans?

Hello, Dr. Stanton Peele!

I, as have many Native American people, have been tremendously affected by the consequences of alcohol addiction running rampant through my family, my clan, my tribe, and friends and family in other tribes.

Please tell us: What is the rate of alcohol addiction among women of child-bearing age on our reservations, and what is the rate of F.A.S. amidst the new-borns?

What is available for our child-bearing-aged women, and how can we grandmothers step in to help protect our heritage (the children)?

Can you direct me to more information aimed at statistics for individual reservations? Perhaps we can learn from those experiencing a reprieve as well as those who are not achieving positive results.

Is there a web site that allows us to converse and compare programs and ideas?

Thank You for your time;
Sincerely,
Wendy

Dear Wendy:

I am not an expert on this topic, but many people are very concerned. You need to contact groups working with native American alcoholism — I do know the rate of FAS is many (30!) times as high among native Americans as among Whites.

What my site is about — and I believe it applies doubly to Native Americans — is whether telling people they are born with the disease of alcoholism is helpful. I say not.

Best, Stanton

Dear Dr. Peele:

Thank you for responding to my note. I agree that the disease-model is not positive for my people for a number of reasons.

First, it gives an excuse: "Yes, there's something wrong with us and we can't help ourselves, so let's just go out and fulfill our destiny."

Second, the disease model ignores many of the real issues surrounding Indigenous people in the United States. For example, aside from being coerced from our ancestral lands and needing to adjust to new diets (which results in all varieties of bodily illnesses through several generations), many of our family members, clan members, tribal members died from new diseases, malnutrition, bounties, and so forth.

We wrapped our remaining relatives closely to us, tolerating addictions and other maladaptive behaviors simply to hold on to those few who remained. In 1979, thanks to Jimmy Carter's Freedom of Religion Act, we were finally given permission to pray in our own way without being jailed for doing so, then in the late eighties, the U.S. government finally stopped removing children — for educational purposes (the Carlisle School) — from their reservations at the age of six.

It has been a long holocaust for us, and I'd say my people need treatment for generations of pent up anger, post traumatic stress, horrific depression, and low self-esteem for having been so helpless to prevent what happened. Further, because the children — all but a few who were hidden — were regularly removed over several generations, I'd say we also could use parenting skills!

No, the disease model only serves to prolong our substance abuse difficulties. We as a people fairly collectively believe that our hope and our heritage lie within the children. If this is so, then surely our hope lies within ourselves to model the laying aside of addictions and to begin to demonstrate honor and sober integrity.

Yet as I reach out across the web, I'm finding no statistics, no real research, no positive connections, hence, I must be searching the wrong venues.

Again, thank you for your time, and further, thank you for you.

Sincerely,
Wendy Whitaker

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Funny article
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: one article regaring genes and alcoholism
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »
Quote from: ""SH""
Here is one article I found regarding Genes and the role they play in alcoholism
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... ekey=26119

COGA is financed by NIAAA
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/ResearchInform ... ojcoga.htm

They've been goin at this since 1989. What takes so long to find 'proof' or dispell the theory? That's 18 years, 4,734 working days and they haven't found diddly?  Why does the government waste our tax dollars on such utter BS?

What if by some stroke of genius they did find a (legitimate) 'genetic' link to alcoholism??? WHAT would they do with that information? HOW might it possibly be useful to the 'potential' alcoholic?
Is this more of the futuristic, Equilibrium, Minority Report, Bible thumper dream for a "perfect" world? If that's the goal.... they're going about it alll wrong.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700