Author Topic: A CAll out to ALL Cedu Grads for a new book  (Read 4329 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Oops
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 05:43:26 PM »
Journalist...I hate typos
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
a book about CEDU
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
The editing that I need for my project is not crossing t's and looking for faulty commas. It's telling the story factually and interesting to the outsider that is difficult. Testimony would be easier than telling the story of the entire program culminating especially to time immediately afterwards that is difficult. An editor that understands tenses and usage for telling a long story would be great but it's the last phase after content that is daunting to me:
1. Do the pitch to the publishing houses that consist of a whole lot of information I don't have time to compile.
2. Send out and research the publishing houses and previous works and their authors.
3. Plan the marketing strategy.
4. on
5.and on.
There are jobs that are writers' and their are jobs that are publisher's, and now we live in a time where the roles have changed. A first time author writing about a little known, niche of the fallout from the "war on drugs", is expected to do the work of the writer, editor, publisher, and publicist. I don't want to be a fucking writer anyway, I just want to tell this story and get it out there...and be done. So, it's a special role in collaboration that I'm holding out for. So far, I'm getting better at doing it on my own.

NEXT point of interest.

any person that wants to contribute a time line and a list of the experiences from the IandME and the Summit Workshops would be helping me, and posterity greatly. I have been taking time off from this last bit of content for editorial purposes, and I'm ready to start wrapping my book up. Really explaining the nature of those last workshops and the "trust counseling sessions" and stuff in the last six months ain't easy. There were some rewrites going on inside my brain and it's capturing those changes over a couple of hundred pages that has been challenging, rewarding, and liberating.

I hope Liam gives me a call, I've been waiting to chat with him about his project and also guess he must be sort of an interesting cat if he's got his own troll brigade. Either way, public interest is there for the descriptions of this whole slew of "teen adolescent boot camp wilderness survival therapeutic boarding reform behavior modification program academy even better than hospital they tell you SCHOOLs.
Let's give them accurate, informative, and if possible, interesting media for understanding what our experience was. In a truthful manner, even if your place made you a chicken dancing pig fucking shitheel child abuser, let's get the stories out there.  
Thus ends my soliloquy.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Liam
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
I have his email...

contact me at [email protected]

I will give it to you so you can contact him directly.

Offline LS

• View Profile
    • http://liamscheff.com/daily/cedu-documentary/
Still taking interviews Cedu/Brown/Bench schools - speak up!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »
Hi,

still taking interviews, with about 7 done and 4 pending. Very interesting, illuminating, personally quite satisfying, to review with some of you the strange (and probably legally tenuous) experience of that very odd place.

Please contact me at http://www.myspace.com/liamscheff

And don't be shy, please. If you have a story to tell, I'm doing my best to assemble a bit of research that will give some future use to writers, film-makers, investigators, etc.

Thanks to all who've been interviewed - I'm working on transcribing, takes a little time, but it's on its way.

Best regards to all,

Liam Scheff