Author Topic: relationships with the faculty  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
relationships with the faculty
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »
I dont know about yall but my relationships with the male faculty were highly inappropriate. I did'nt really come to understand this until recently. I will name names.... Steve laird. Patrick Stambusky. Guy Bannono. ( top three) carl tried...  Rudy Bentz. ( who later on life apologized to me crying!!! about anything he may have ever done.) There are more but I cant remember there names.. I was there from 89-91. Sitting on there laps... not ok. smooshing between there legs. not ok. wrestling on the floor. not ok. trading massages. not ok. trading stories. Flirting!!!Not one single female faculty took me under there wing it was all male faculty. I did not have a relationship with any female faculty. I had to talk about all my sexual stuff with the male staff. Sick fucks got off on it. How is that ok. I got to cry imbetween there legs and be held. I got to snuggle on there chest. I began to look for attention from them and of course I got it. I encourage all of you to speak out about this because it is not right for a grown man to do those things with a child. I was there from 14- 17.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
Re: relationships with the faculty
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:35:59 AM »
Quote from: ""sugarmag""
I dont know about yall but my relationships with the male faculty were highly inappropriate. I did'nt really come to understand this until recently. I will name names.... Steve laird. Patrick Stambusky. Guy Bannono. ( top three) carl tried...  Rudy Bentz. ( who later on life apologized to me crying!!! about anything he may have ever done.) There are more but I cant remember there names.. I was there from 89-91. Sitting on there laps... not ok. smooshing between there legs. not ok. wrestling on the floor. not ok. trading massages. not ok. trading stories. Flirting!!!Not one single female faculty took me under there wing it was all male faculty. I did not have a relationship with any female faculty. I had to talk about all my sexual stuff with the male staff. Sick fucks got off on it. How is that ok. I got to cry imbetween there legs and be held. I got to snuggle on there chest. I began to look for attention from them and of course I got it. I encourage all of you to speak out about this because it is not right for a grown man to do those things with a child. I was there from 14- 17.

We had a sauna at NWA when I was there, and there were male staff members and students for that matter (the sauna was gender segregated) with whom I traded messages.  I didn't and still don't find it that  particularly uncomfortable, however I never got the sense that any of them were enjoying it on a sexual level.  All of those in this particular categorization where ones I trusted.

What you are describing does sound problematic however. Furthermore there WAS a great deal of weird sexual energy percolating around that place and manifesting in bizzare CEDU sanctioned smooshing, tickling, and cuddling displays. During my time a lot of this seemed to be directed at a lot of the female students by some of the male staff.
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
Very true.

Don't want to dilute your point with my tangent but it reminds me of the time received a massage from an (relatively) attractive female staff  member in the Sauna.  Talk about blueballs.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:31:59 PM »
I think the thing that pissed me off the most about this kind of shit was the hypocrisy. We were made to feel totally ashamed of our own sexual desires. We were sluts, perverts, predators, etc. But it was perfectly ok for the staff to hug the girls just a little too long after raps. Stambusky was definitely one of the more obnoxious ones, so was Steve Rookey. And of course, Caroline and her "special girls". (harem)

Your saunas were gender segregated psi? I don't remember ours being that way. I think we did have girls-only and boys-only sauna events but most of the time the saunas were co-ed.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:40:07 PM »
This all sounds very wrong, coed saunas for teens? What is smooshing and did parents know about this? Trading massages doesn't sound innocent either, I know in the Catholic church sex abuse scandal victims would talk about it starting with massages and stuff like that.

OP I hope you file a sexual abuse complaint, just get it on record even if they can't prosecute Contact the Department on Justice Office of Violence Against Women and see if they can help you and if you have any grounds for a federal criminal complaint.

Just to be clear to the op, yes what you describe is wrong as hell. It's sexual assault and sexual harassment.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:50:17 PM »
Oh please, co-ed saunas was about as improper as co-ed swimming. It's not like we got naked in there. We were all wearing bathing suits.

Besides, it certainly wasn't the most intimate setting. Anyone who has spent time in that plywood hot-box can back me up on this. 3am at a 24 hour fitness it ain't.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
Oh please, co-ed saunas was about as improper as co-ed swimming. It's not like we got naked in there. We were all wearing bathing suits.

Besides, it certainly wasn't the most intimate setting. Anyone who has spent time in that plywood hot-box can back me up on this. 3am at a 24 hour fitness it ain't.

All the saunas I've seen have contained naked men with a towel wrapped around their waist at most. It still seems questionable at best with all the "smooshing" and sexual weird shit that you folks describe. It may seem normal to you but take my word for it as an outsider, putting(dare I say forcing?) half naked troubled teens in a sauna together is something that raises eyebrows.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""

All the saunas I've seen have contained naked men with a towel wrapped around their waist at most. It still seems questionable at best with all the "smooshing" and sexual weird shit that you folks describe. It may seem normal to you but take my word for it as an outsider, putting(dare I say forcing?) half naked troubled teens in a sauna together is something that raises eyebrows.

The smooshing and all the forced intimacy, yes, that was fucked up. The sauna?? I don't recall it being such. But then again, I was a really ugly kid, so I certainly wasn't going to be the object of any staff or student's advances. Besides, it was way too hot in there for anyone to do anything. I don't recall people touching each other in there. And also, like I said, we all wore our bathing suits. No naked towel crap.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 10:48:50 PM »
Ok, Ok I get what you're saying. It just seems strange to me, although it's the other stuff that really bothers me. It would just seem that maybe kids possibly with self esteem issues or body issues might not like it, was it optional?

Howto]

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Ok, Ok I get what you're saying. It just seems strange to me, although it's the other stuff that really bothers me. It would just seem that maybe kids possibly with self esteem issues or body issues might not like it, was it optional?

I don't recall there ever being a mandatory sauna. It was normally available as a saturday or sunday or weekday evening activity.

I guess technically it was mandatory if you went on the Ishi expedition, but that expedition was optional as well, and you had to apply to go. Also, the sauna was totally different, since it was out in the woods under a tarp. Much closer quarters, and IMO, had definite creepy factor, while the other one really didn't to me.

Did anyone here go on an Ishi besides myself?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 09:06:16 AM »
I can remember always telling myself that the male faculty were like "father figuers" to me but I dont think I ever really felt that. I dont recall my dad ever giving me a back massage. I can also remember getting face massages in there laps. Or " taking care of my feelings" on the floor in the middle of the night. Hell I was so confused. I had some crushes, but I was only 14. It just does'nt seem right. That was also back in 89...years ago. I doubt anything could be done about it now. It was like some weird hippie dippie love fest freak show.
  I can also recall Patrick stambuski screwing a few girls after graduation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:23:10 AM »
I was'nt a huge fan of all the intimacy, I mean I was some with the guys, b/c I was a 14 year old, but holding hands and smooshing and all that shit, pretendeing we were innocent little little kids when we were'nt, we were fucked up kids in hell, was just plain freaky. Sitting between peoples legs, ( including the faculty)was not right. And being forced to do it with the other students was weird. I was not the touchy feely type.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 10:42:53 AM »
i wrote some reply, but it's just too disturbing to go into first thing in the morning. man, that place was just great at interrupting development wasn't it?

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
I think the thing that pissed me off the most about this kind of shit was the hypocrisy. We were made to feel totally ashamed of our own sexual desires. We were sluts, perverts, predators, etc. But it was perfectly ok for the staff to hug the girls just a little too long after raps. Stambusky was definitely one of the more obnoxious ones, so was Steve Rookey. And of course, Caroline and her "special girls". (harem)

Your saunas were gender segregated psi? I don't remember ours being that way. I think we did have girls-only and boys-only sauna events but most of the time the saunas were co-ed.

Our sauna started out coed, but after two to three coed saunas the councilors decided that they were inappropriate. There had been coeds giving each other massages, and I beleive that this was the cited reason. Strict separation was then imposed.
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline LS

• View Profile
    • http://liamscheff.com/daily/cedu-documentary/
Please contact with these stories - for the record
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »
Hi,

still taking interviews, with about 7 done and 4 pending. Very interesting, illuminating, personally quite satisfying, to review with some of you the strange (and probably legally tenuous) experience of that very odd place.

Please contact me at http://www.myspace.com/liamscheff

And don't be shy, please. If you have a story to tell, I'm doing my best to assemble a bit of research that will give some future use to writers, film-makers, investigators, etc.

Thanks to all who've been interviewed - I'm working on transcribing, takes a little time, but it's on its way.

Best regards to all,

Liam Scheff