Author Topic: Exit Plan  (Read 11592 times)

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »
Alright, what's an OP?  A something parent?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007, 08:40:38 PM »
Original posts, or posters....

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2007, 08:45:27 PM »
Thanks.
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Exit Plan
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2007, 08:54:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I want to bring my son home.  I miss him.  He's not in any WWASP programs, and I am getting mixed messages from friends, and program parents.

This is sincere.

Can someone direct me to somewhere that I can find Exit Programs?  

He's had some mess ups while away, but has managed to finish high school a year ahead of schedule.  I don't want to expect too much from him so as not to get upset if he does mess up, but I can't be the hardass everyone wants me to be.

Sincerely.

One hour he isn't in a WWASP program, now he is? One minute he graduated high school one year early, the next he is struggling? Get your story straight.  :rofl:

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2007, 08:56:28 PM »
Umm wow.. I'm not reading 8 pages of this, and since Mummie is bringing her kid home good for her. You aren't the first who was taken for a ride by a slick ed con and snazzy tour.

That crap is boiler plate for this industry. They play on your fear, get you all sold on doing what is "right" for junior, take you on a slick looking tour, and bend your whole family over for a good session of hurt me now till I like it.

Glad to see that you saw right through it. Good luck with your kid and his home coming.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2007, 08:59:25 PM »
Psy

See that's the thing, I am bringing him home against their wishes, oh freakin' well.  Because he hasn't done well in the school everyone is telling me since he's not done well, and isn't finishing, that I should give him an exit to the street, with a phone card, food card, yada yada yada.  No way am I going to do that.   And no, I am not actup, I haven't posted a name.  I just post under guest.

Personally, I think everyone in my house could use a exit plan, but that's just me, and me included at times. :rofl:

Hmmm...  My family had one. It was a suitcase full of my clothes on the back stoop after I turned 18.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2007, 09:05:06 PM »
Troll:  I should really ignore your attempts to piss me off.  But I can't. '

He's not in a WWASP program.  Read it again.  He used to be.  This is not the topic of discussion either.

He graduated high school a year early, he's stuggling with the schools rules.  

Just who in the hell are you anyway?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »
Troll:  I should really ignore your attempts to piss me off.  But I can't. '

He's not in a WWASP program.  Read it again.  He used to be.  This is not the topic of discussion either.

Your son in about 10 years.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »

How do you manage that feat??
am the metal pig.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »
He's a really bright kid.  He also knew my big thing was school, not finishing any program.  

I actually showed up at a graduation once, uninvited of course, just to see for myself, and I will tell you that they had me suckered in after that.  All these kids coming in, in caps and gowns, all these happy parents, friends, and family smiling and snapping pictures. What's his face with his speech on the program, and happy staff all over the place.  They really put on a show.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2007, 09:15:09 PM »
Guest wrote:
Troll: I should really ignore your attempts to piss me off. But I can't. '

He's not in a WWASP program. Read it again. He used to be. This is not the topic of discussion either.

So you admit you're a troll.  Notice I didn't quote you in my post, yet you answered to it.   :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Mummie""
Guest wrote:

He's not in a WWASP program. Read it again. He used to be. This is not the topic of discussion either.

So you admit you're a troll.  Notice I didn't quote you in my post, yet you answered to it.   :rofl:  :rofl:

You sound like a two year old. Go pick up your son and stop playing games. You are just as pathetic as my parents were. Are you going to pretend and mock ignorance too when you beg for forgiveness? He'll just laugh in your face and never talk to you again. Go apologize now, your kid needs you!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Mummie""
Guest wrote:

I respond to troll because that's how you perceive me, and I know it. Just like when your child looked back when you said "loser" or "fatty", they were so used to being called these names by you, it just became habit. Make sense?

Now. Go pick up your kid, okay?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2007, 09:47:38 PM »
I never called my kid names.  Sorry someone did that to you.

Offline Karass

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2007, 09:49:28 PM »
I have to laugh at Gilcrease's exit plan and re-entry plan. How about something like this:

Parents handed over anywhere from $7000 to $14,000/month for a cult to incarcerate and brainwash their kid, for 'crimes' he was never found guilty of, or to try to re-program him into the person they thought he should be. Unless they're uber-rich, his college fund or his get-started-on-adult-life fund is gone.

Exit Plan:

1. Apologize profusely for what you did to him. Explain that you're a moron and were just trying to 'save' him. Hopefully he believes that you still love him and had no idea the 'help' was harmful to him.

2. Invite him to live at home and try to rebuild your relationship. If he doesn't want to do that right away, offer to subsidize his rent, food, clothes and transportation for however long it takes, or until he is firmly established on his own and is able to financially take care of himself.

3. Offer to pay for "real" school, whether that means finishing high school, getting a GED and then going to junior college, university or whatever -- if he wants to finish his education.

4. Offer to pay for "real" therapy if he wants to see someone, to work through all the shit that Program put in his head.

There are no contracts or conditions. You do this simply because he's your child and you were obligated to raise him until he was 18 and you neglected that responsibility and instead paid someone to hurt him. You owe it to him.

The ironic thing is that although this might sound expensive compared to Gilcrease's exit plan, it will end up being a lot cheaper than the Program -- even if your idea of "transportation" is to buy him a brand new car and even if he gets accepted to Harvard.

And instead of forcing him to survive on the streets by his wits -- crime, drug dealing, prostitution or whatever -- you actually give him a chance to become an adult that contributes to society -- an adult any parent should be proud to claim as their child.
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley