Author Topic: Exit Plan  (Read 11458 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »
I want to bring my son home.  I miss him.  He's not in any WWASP programs, and I am getting mixed messages from friends, and program parents.

This is sincere.

Can someone direct me to somewhere that I can find Exit Programs?  

He's had some mess ups while away, but has managed to finish high school a year ahead of schedule.  I don't want to expect too much from him so as not to get upset if he does mess up, but I can't be the hardass everyone wants me to be.

Sincerely.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 05:34:34 PM »
Why can't you be an adult, and bring your son home and do what YOU, AN ADULT, think is best?
 If you feel you need some guidance; hire a licensed, professional therapist to help with any problems that may arise once your son is home.
 Who said parenting must have a "hardass" approach?
 Why do you feel the need to have OTHER PARENTS, people from a program, or some stranger like me telling you when to bring your son home, or how to treat him, once he is home?
  When exactly did you decide it was OK to turn over your parenting responsiblities to OTHERS?

SO:  are you going to pick up your son today; and start doing YOUR JOB as a parent, or not?

You can do this, you know?  It's not an EXIT PLAN.  It's called PARENTING.    Parents do it all day long, every day; and it works.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »
I wasn't asking anyone for help on when to bring him home.

Mostly, I was asking to be directed somewhere that I could look at them.

I have been a parent.

I do like the part about a licensed therapist.  So thank you for that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 05:44:31 PM »
Quote from: Guest
I wasn't asking anyone for help on when to bring him home.

Mostly, I was asking to be directed somewhere that I could look at them.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ANOTHER FACILITY TO PLACE YOUR SON?

Usually an "exit plan" is the procedures/rules the child is expected to follow once he has completed his "program" and has returned to live in the family home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »
These vague, strange posts are my favorite because they take like 20 pages just to figure out what the heck is actually going on. Personally, I think you should make a really strict contract for your kid, so unreasonable they will be sure to break a rule. Then you have the 'justification' to kick them out on the street. This is tough love, but you have to help a kid realize that without your help they are nothing. Just another faceless bum complaining about how society fucked them over. Help them by hurting them, that's the motto.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »
Maybe I am not being clear.  I am bringing him home.  I am not trying to place him in another school.  I just wanted to look at a few different  exit plans for when he gets here.  I kind of have an idea, I have seen a couple, mostly generic and sterile, lots are from the schools, but I don't want to use those.  I was thinking maybe if I came here, and someone offered up any ideas for one, that it might be nice to get it from both perspectives, parents and kids who have been in the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »
These vague, strange posts are my favorite because they take like 20 pages just to figure out what the heck is actually going on. Personally, I think you should make a really strict contract for your kid, so unreasonable they will be sure to break a rule. Then you have the 'justification' to kick them out on the street. This is tough love, but you have to help a kid realize that without your help they are nothing. Just another faceless bum complaining about how society fucked them over. Help them by hurting them, that's the motto

Real helpful, gee, why didn't I think of that.  You're an asshole, and your kind of help is not what I was looking for.  If you can't help, don't post.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »
Let me correct myself before the correction patrol comes along:  When I said "in the program", I mean't in any program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
These vague, strange posts are my favorite because they take like 20 pages just to figure out what the heck is actually going on. Personally, I think you should make a really strict contract for your kid, so unreasonable they will be sure to break a rule. Then you have the 'justification' to kick them out on the street. This is tough love, but you have to help a kid realize that without your help they are nothing. Just another faceless bum complaining about how society fucked them over. Help them by hurting them, that's the motto

Real helpful, gee, why didn't I think of that.  You're an asshole, and your kind of help is not what I was looking for.  If you can't help, don't post.

Sorry to inform you have no control over the matter of who posts on this forum. An asshole is someone who locks their kid up, and can't even make up their own damn mind about whether to go get them and goes asking strangers for help. You are pathetic. You have time to waste on the internet but not to go get your own kid. Go get your kid. Go get your kid. Go get your kid. Now. Right now, this second. Get off your computer and go pick them up right now. Get it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
Did I mention when he was coming home, my plans, anything?  Don't presuppose what I am doing and when.

And if you are going to post asshole comments, don't get defensive when someone calls you on it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »
Let me correct myself before the correction patrol comes along:  When I said "in the program", I mean't in any program.

Just another random parent strolling through who seems to know the workings of fornits. lol

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 06:00:46 PM »
Did I mention when he was coming home, my plans, anything?  Don't presuppose what I am doing and when.

And if you are going to post asshole comments, don't get defensive when someone calls you on it.

LOL! Go get your kid you idiot!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 06:03:47 PM »
Just another random parent strolling through who seems to know the workings of fornits. lol

Not a random parent.  I have posted here quite a bit lately, which has made me want to bring him home.  Now you're making assumptions.  Hmmm.  Can we get back to my question, please?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 06:05:01 PM »
Go pick up your kid right now.

Why are you wasting your time here?

You are either a troll, or an extremely bad parent, which is it?

There really is no way to tell any more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Exit Plan
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 06:05:07 PM »
The first poster gave you the only vaid HELP you need.

Bring your kid home.  Be a parent.
IF you need outside guidance---hire a licensed, professional therapist.

Some people may throw in: involve other family members who love this child for support.

IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE SIMPLE THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!