Author Topic: Sharing the Love, Spreading the Good Word  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
Re: you all miss the point, but too close to call
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »
Quote from: ""reallydiff""
I am fascinated by the blogs and rarely post anywhere.   but, I have an interest in the answers and the jury out.  Did NOT see of this info before placing kid there, but again JURY out and all of you folk seem a tad old and actually my age to be dealing with what is going on now.   Despite my reservations about posting herein, I think you all miss what is going on.  has ANYONE looked at "revolutionary" or "debunked" (depends on what you read) psychic named Cayce from virginia beach (do the wikipedia or google), who might have been influential enough (despite his critics) to influence the old man, Gauld?   I think that there is something to this.  If so, the conservatives you claim (donner and walmart) who support him now would cringe and crap if they saw his views side by side with the liberal, psychic and father of new age stuff.   so if the aim is to cut off funding, make the connection to something the conservatives cannot sanction--something not Christian in its truest sense.  Cayce taught that all souls have a purpose in life (sound eerily familiar?).  Was a "seer" folks, a psychic.  He describes phenomenon like Gauld does in his speech to all new parents about the new years' eve party wherein he changes his life, forever.  So, what if this guy is a nutcase follower of Cayce who has blinded the right wing to his liberal agenda? What if the education is only secondary (and apparently successful) foray into his new age, past lives agenda???  anyone for a legitimate CURRENT discussion of what is going on there NOW?

I am not a professional educator.

I believe that you will find the basis for some of Gauld's watery base secular-character-humanism in John Dewey.

"He viewed the mind and its formation as a communal process. Thus the individual is only a meaningful concept when regarded as an inextricable part of his or her society, and the society has no meaning apart from its realization in the lives of its individual members."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dewey
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
Sharing the Love, Spreading the Good Word
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Code: [Select]
you folk seem a tad old and actually my age to be dealing with what is going on now

Really?  How old is too old?

It is a popular sentiment ingrained in our culture:  "get over it already."  Dwell on it too long, and something is wrong with you, not the experience.

The older I get, the longer the path ahead stretches out before me.  I ain't never gonna get there, folks!

But you don't have to get over it is you are a Hyde Cheerleader.  Some how that is healthy.
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 11:14:31 PM »
Dewey:
    "He viewed the mind and its formation as a communal process. Thus the individual is only a meaningful concept when regarded as an inextricable part of his or her society, and the society has no meaning apart from its realization in the lives of its individual members."

Gauld:
    "He viewed the mind and its formation as a communal process. Thus the individual is only a meaningful concept when regarded as an inextricable part of his or her society, and the society has no meaning apart from its realization in the lives of its founders."
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 06:43:58 AM »
Alfie never did get it, did he? .............................

Probably Hyde will never get it either.

Alfie was a player, unabashed, unrepentant.  Hyde?

Hyde is about Hyde first and foremost.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 08:13:18 AM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""
Alfie never did get it, did he? .............................

Probably Hyde will never get it either.

Alfie was a player, unabashed, unrepentant.  Hyde?

Hyde is about Hyde first and foremost.

They play those parents like they are the last violin in town.
Unabashed, unrepentant.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »
Why did I rob banks? Because I enjoyed it. I loved it. I was more alive when I was inside a bank, robbing it, than at any other time in my life. I enjoyed everything about it so much that one or two weeks later I'd be out looking for the next job. But to me the money was the chips, that's all."

"Go where the money is...and go there often."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Sutton

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 02:11:32 PM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""
Why did I rob banks? Because I enjoyed it. I loved it. I was more alive when I was inside a bank, robbing it, than at any other time in my life. I enjoyed everything about it so much that one or two weeks later I'd be out looking for the next job. But to me the money was the chips, that's all."

"Go where the money is...and go there often."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Sutton

Yeah, I think it'd be well nigh impossible to keep ripping through people's souls and saving accounts so thoroughly, and in some cases viciously, without there being some pathological need to do so that was above and beyond the chips.  I guess that is why some people call him a megalomaniac.  

Remains to be seen re. the subsequent generations, but I rather think they do not share his passion so obsessively.  I rather think they like the chips, first and foremost.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------