Author Topic: Peninsula Village 2.0 Thread  (Read 2276 times)

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Peninsula Village 2.0 Thread
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
I can see that you two have a kind of back and forth thing going right now, but I just wanted to interject with a general question about this forum. I'm new and would like to tell my story. I assume that starting a new topic would be the best way to go about it. My question is: Are there any reasons, legal or otherwise, for me not to call out specific staff by their first and/or last names when I am describing my time there? I certainly have no intention of slandering anyone; the offenses and slights I suffered at PV are horrific enough on their own and need no exaggeration or embellishment. It will take me awhile, I imagine, to convey my experiences there but I am anxious to share with those of you who have suffered similar experiences or love someone who had to suffer them.

Perhaps a lawyers advice is needed. Though its my general experience that as long as you are telling the truth you will be fine. The forum has multiple examples of first hand accounts detailing all manners of testimony involving staff.

The question is are you comfortable enough with the idea that you could possibly be hit with a slap suit to try and silence you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.

Offline Charly

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »
If what you say is true, it is not slander.  The internet is pretty much fair game.  I don't see any problem with naming names, especially on this particular forum.  Just be factual and honest, and you will be safe from any legal issues.
The Lawyer

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:22:58 PM »
Thanks Charly.
am the metal pig.