Author Topic: wiki update!  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wiki update!
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:10:55 PM »
Curriculum

Although Hyde is typically categorized as a college preparatory school, the school administrators regard their primary purpose as preparation for life. Hyde helps students learn, embrace, and adopt a character compass that will guide them for the rest of their lives. This compass has five points:

1. An explicit philosophy of character in the form of the Five Words: Courage, Integrity, Leadership, Curiosity and Concern. 2. The most dynamic student peer culture in American education; 3. A dedicated faculty that will go to the ends of the earth to help kids and families connect with their potentials; 4. The opportunity for the parents, the primary teachers, and the entire family to participate and gain individual and collective strength.

While Hyde clearly does not teach all students the difference between the number "4" and "5", how to count or that a compass has only four cardinal points, many of Hyde former students have gone on to lead rich and fulfilling lives
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: wiki update!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:26:02 PM »
Quote from: ""vincentvangopher""
Curriculum

Although Hyde is typically categorized as a college preparatory school, the school administrators regard their primary purpose as preparation for life. Hyde helps students learn, embrace, and adopt a character compass that will guide them for the rest of their lives. This compass has five points:

1. An explicit philosophy of character in the form of the Five Words: Courage, Integrity, Leadership, Curiosity and Concern. 2. The most dynamic student peer culture in American education; 3. A dedicated faculty that will go to the ends of the earth to help kids and families connect with their potentials; 4. The opportunity for the parents, the primary teachers, and the entire family to participate and gain individual and collective strength.

While Hyde clearly does not teach all students the difference between the number "4" and "5", how to count or that a compass has only four cardinal points, many of Hyde former students have gone on to lead rich and fulfilling lives

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
Wicked pisser good!  Ha ha!
Considering that the faculty are at times as absent as they are in this Hyde Algebra class, it would seem that 4 and 5 are considered to be at least in the same ballpark!
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21964
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
check out the wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:34:57 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: check out the wiki
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
Quote from: ""deputy dawg""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hyde_School_%28Bath%29#content_removal

awww.. brothers keeper is so important

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: check out the wiki
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""deputy dawg""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hyde_School_%28Bath%29#content_removal

awww.. brothers keeper is so important

It is a key component in the Hyde formula.  I am not sure why Hyde does not want the process described.  I feel like the description is fair. Am I wrong?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wiki update!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »
Key componenet, yes. Maybe they don't want it mentioned cux they think people eill have preconceived notions as to what it means... andd that these preconceived notions are probably not good ones...  that only when you are there, "in the process," are these secrets to be revealed.

course people have these preconceived notions  that arre probably not good ones cuz they have some common sense and are fucking right on the ball.  only once you've been there for awhile and have it explained to you in its "proper environment" is there any chance in hell that someone will think brothers keeper is a good thing. hahah.

i think you are being overly fair in the wiki article.  myself i think it is too lukewarm and tepid. but how else to get it to stick with these air head trigger happy editors on that particular IP in Maine?  got to hand it to you for all the effort and heartache it surely must have cost you.  appreciate the reference to fornits.  maybe people will come here and hear the real story.

guess i just didn't have that amazing life change whazit ni Maine oozes abouty.  hard to imagine anyone can be so cool-aided and such a dork but there you go.  maybe "hydefan?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wiki update!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »
I know I will get flamed but

Going to hyde actually did me some good.   So unlike many that post here I don't reject hyde on principle, nor do I have an axe to grind.  I get the point that kids have no choice in the matter, but the place is no where near as bad as a wwasp lockup.

With that said arguing with a Hydie is like arguing with a Jehovah's Witness or a Moonie:  They see the light . You don't and you are damned to the fires of perdition for eternity.  More precisely  in the Hyde case you are damned to existential  torture of existence without reaching your unique potential.  Belief systems are like wives: you have to sleep with your own.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wiki update!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:03:01 PM »
Quote from: ""VincentVanGopher""
I know I will get flamed but

Going to hyde actually did me some good.   So unlike many that post here I don't reject hyde on principle, nor do I have an axe to grind.  I get the point that kids have no choice in the matter, but the place is no where near as bad as a wwasp lockup.

who's to say which is worse? physical hell, easily disecerned for what it is? or insidious mind-fuck,  taking years in the aftermath to pick apart and remake whole.  if you indeed can.  which i can't.

i think it depends on the person. some have more difficulty with one, some the other.

sure, less physical abuses at hyde. especially agter the 70s.  but still it happens, and if your one of the ones that got fucked,  weill.. lots of luck. everyone pretends it never went on but it did.  ;nobody believes your hell. and hyde will lie lie lie lie

With that said arguing with a Hydie is like arguing with a Jehovah's Witness or a Moonie:  They see the light . You don't and you are damned to the fires of perdition for eternity.  More precisely  in the Hyde case you are damned to existential  torture of existence without reaching your unique potential.  Belief systems are like wives: you have to sleep with your own.

good point, analogy. i went to hyde an idealistic fool. tried my damnest. but the place wil fuck you over mind body and soul all in the cause of saving your character. i left a broken wreck.

only peace i have is to sleep alone.