Author Topic: Hephzibah House  (Read 16361 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »
I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »
Read it and weep - another child killed by a mother who turned to a religious zealot for tips on how to discipline her adopted child.  

Anybody ever read the Pearl's book on how to raise up a child?  It reads like a child abuse manual according to the report here:

http://teenadvocatesusa.org/SeanPaddock.html

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2007, 08:39:02 PM »
The Pearls' first book, "To Train Up a Child," has sold more than 400,000 copies since it was published in 1994

There are times when genocide is the only solution.

This is one of them.

Future books of this nature should be sold with white phosphorous between the covers.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »
here is an excerpt it is seriuosly dangerous stuff

The mother clumsily holds her cereal bowl at arms length as she wrestles her infant for supremacy. When she places the bowl out of the baby's reach, he is taught it is off limits only if it is out of reach. To train him, place the bowl within easy reach. When he reaches out, say "No" and thump his hand. He will pull his hand back, momentarily look alarmed and again reach out. Repeat the process of saying "No" in a calm voice and thumping the hand. After several times, you can eat in peace.

When "No" and a thump occur simultaneously, several times, on different occasions, the voice command alone soon becomes sufficient to mold behavior. Again, keep in mind, the baby is not being punished, just conditioned. The thump is not a substitute rod. It is reinforcement to the obedience training.

These sick bastards also advocate that when a baby bites a nursing mother she pull it's hair!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2007, 10:56:53 AM »
Same thing works pretty well with a dog. Every time it shits on the floor you swat it with a newspaper.
am the metal pig.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2007, 12:51:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Dead To My World""
Same thing works pretty well with a dog. Every time it shits on the floor you swat it with a newspaper.

Actually - if you swat a dog for shitting in the floor - it learns to hide it's shit. This makes house training harder.

Most dogs learn well if they are taken out at regular consistent intervals - and encouraged to take care of business - and then told how wonderful they are and provided with treats when they do so. A few clever dogs learn to ask to go out, and then pretend to pee or poop for their treat - so watch to make sure they are actually doing the deed.

Scolding when they have been bad can be part of the process - but with a lot of dogs - swatting them after the fact does more to slow it down than speed it up. If you catch them in the act - a firm deep voiced: NO - BAD Dog! is really all it takes. Then get their ass outside, and be sure not to pet or interact with them, except to give what ever que word you use to encourage good potty manners.

Theres more concerning crate training, and clean up,  that can make a world of difference - but there you have the basics.  

But as the child training thing - its frightening  - I am shocked at what I am reading.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »
Do realize that crate training is most definitely not acceptable for use with human beings, as we are able to communicate and suffer and be emotionally scarred.

But then again a lot of kids are tied up or put in seclusion as crate training of sorts in programs anyway.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2007, 11:29:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Do realize that crate training is most definitely not acceptable for use with human beings, as we are able to communicate and suffer and be emotionally scarred.

But then again a lot of kids are tied up or put in seclusion as crate training of sorts in programs anyway.

Oh agreed - Crate training is not acceptable child training!
And whether it is helpful or harmful with puppies depends greatly upon the common sense of the person.
What takes place in the programs would be considered animal cruelty if done to a dog. In fact - the dog would have more protection under the law than the kids in these programs.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
Check this out StopBaptistPredators.org It's a website for an organization trying to reveal sexual abuse in Baptist churches, I believe it's the Baptist wing of SNAP(folks who totally pwnd the catholic church over abuse).

It's important to this program because I think that more then just beatings are going on at this school. It reminds me to much of New Bethany, the Roloff homes, VCA, and the elk.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
No Good one...
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
I'm still waiting on an explanation why its ok to torture and humiliate children but not adults  :roll:

It's not ok...  Kids can't fight back as well, so they're more easily victimized.
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: No Good one...
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »
Quote from: ""3xsaSeedling""
I'm still waiting on an explanation why its ok to torture and humiliate children but not adults  :roll:
It's not ok...  Kids can't fight back as well, so they're more easily victimized.

I think his point is partially: Why are people so upset about things like Gitmo, and not upset about places like TB?  Why are suspected "terrorists" entitled to more protection than suspected "druggies"?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2007, 04:04:12 PM »
I think that its largely a problem of disbelief. People do not believe that places like TB exist. When you tell them - they just don't believe it. While there has been sporadic news coverage; it has never been allowed an in-depth and on going debate. Consequently, I feel the issue skips off the average American Psyche much like a stone skips over a pond. It eventually slips in somewhere - and we find a rare person who learns of the issue and takes up the challenge to halt the abuse - but most people see the stories - and say how awful, and then forget about it.

I find myself wondering at the on-going newscoverage about dog-fighting; as compares to the lack of concern about teen's being forced to beat one another up - in more ways than one - in these un-regulated programs. Why are people not rising up and demanding that American Kids be given at least as much protection under the law as American Pit Bulls?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""
I think that its largely a problem of disbelief. People do not believe that places like TB exist. When you tell them - they just don't believe it. While there has been sporadic news coverage; it has never been allowed an in-depth and on going debate. Consequently, I feel the issue skips off the average American Psyche much like a stone skips over a pond. It eventually slips in somewhere - and we find a rare person who learns of the issue and takes up the challenge to halt the abuse - but most people see the stories - and say how awful, and then forget about it.

well here is my 2 cents...Perhaps the problem is not so much one of disbelief that such places exist but more that they can't possibly be as bad as all that. I can remember reading tales from parents who had pulled their kids  from abusive places or whose kids had died in wilderness camps and wondering why the hell they did not ask more questions before sending the kid. But then it dawned upon me that if I were a parent it would not occur to me to ask some of these questions because it would be assumed that such practices would not exist (withholding of food, being punished for looking at the opposite sex etc.) So I can also see why when kids make complaints about crazy things happening they are sometimes seen as guilding the lilly.

Another problem with the whole idea of public out rage etc is that there are so many social causes and problems we all tend to suffer from compassion fatigue a bit I think.  The kids in these places are middle class American children who in many cases have parents claiming that they are out of control monsters. So many just feel that the starving baby in the third world or the refugee child behind bars is a far greater thing to get all worked up about. When this is coupled with the quite reasonable belief that a parent should largely be able to educate their child in a way that they see fit it has the effect of diluting anger toward places like this. Brat Camp is being shown in Oz after a long time being shelved & the reviews very much reflect this. There is a general sense of unease about the practices shown followed by a sense that the parents must have been really desperate and so perhaps only this level of cruelty will get through to such kids. While i was somewhat relieved that the reviews were not gung ho in favour of brat camp it was immensely frustrating to me that they seemed to really miss the big picture
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2007, 06:55:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Artemis1310""
My niece has just been sent to this school by my insane sister-in-law (I agree, it is a cult.) I can't even send her letters- any that are "controversal" are thrown are (they're all pre-read.)

I've been trying to find out more about this school. The more I do, the worse it looks.

Being in constant contact with Hephzibah House, I am aware of how many students are enrolled and when they arrive at the school.  This being said, the writer above can be none other than my sister (assuming this writer is not just lying through their teeth in an attempt to connect with people who might make her feel special).  So, here are a few facts about this writer who is so concerned with my daughter’s wellbeing.

She is young, having just finished her required hours of supervised driving in order to obtain a driver’s license. And being a young lady living in a broken home (Mom got fed up and left), she is looking for some diversions from her present situation.

She has shown zero concern for her niece, or any other member of my immediate family, from the time she was old enough to speak.  This being due in part to her addiction to video games, which seem to keep her confined to her room whenever she is not in school or at work (she works at a video game store in a wealthy suburban neighborhood, this way she says she can get the new games as soon as they come out).

During the time I was deployed to Iraq, she sent me zero letters.  My Mother, who grew up in Thailand and is not fluent in the English language, asked my sister repeatedly to assist her in writing me a letter, to which she declined due to being preoccupied with her video games.  The few times I was able to call home and speak to my Mom, half our time was her apologizing for not ever learning to write in English well enough to generate a letter to send to me.

She has time to post over 34 posting on the Veritaserum Forums – Everything Harry Potter, yet did not have time to speak with me when I called her house after returning from a combat zone.  Apparently my experiences of being mortared many times, being attacked by suicide bombers, convoying through IED infested roadways, being in the target of snipers, flying in a chopper over enemy combatants on a monthly basis and living to tell about it, isn’t as exciting as Harry and his little witchcraft tricks.

She has sent my daughter zero letters.  I call back to the states to talk to my parents about once a month, my daughter is always present and always asks to speak to my sister.  She has had time to speak to my daughter only 3 or 4 times in the past 5-6 years.  What a concerned Aunt.

After reading through all your postings, I noticed a numerous amount of statements started with I imagine, I can only guess, I wonder, I bet….and so on.  So I will go ahead and say, I bet when they read this message they will post all sorts of guesses as to what type of person I am.  I am looking forward to hearing all the nasty things you will tell each other I must be, just to convince yourselves that you are in control.  Please don’t wait for my reply, I just spent a year in a country that wanted me dead and am looking at another tour in the near future, as enemies-you don’t really compare.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Hephzibah House
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
Sorry but I couldn't care less about your family issues, I do care about the kids stuck in this crazy school. What can you tell us about the school, rules, level of parent child contact allowed, staff qualifications...

This place truly smacks of all the other confirmed abusive Baptist fundamentalist schools I've look at, you should be concerned.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]