Author Topic: Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care  (Read 42300 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2007, 08:49:47 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2007, 06:43:18 AM »
This thread is about the loss of a 14 year old boy - show some sensitivity for Godsake

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Quote from: ""Guest""
Dear AnonyMom of Murdered Kid:

Your son died screaming.

Do you understand what a bowel infarction truly is? It is a piece of the intestine dying.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001151.htm

He didn't die in his sleep. He didn't die quickly. This is not a heart attack. Blood sepsis (the ultimate cause of this sort of death) is not insta-lethal. He had severe systemic shock and fever.

Of course, kids scream in pain in programs all the time. The reason he died there, and not in a hospital, is because his cries of agony were completely ignored. He had severe abdominal pain. Think about it. A piece of his intestine died as the result of God knows what was done to him.

No, he was screaming, in mortal agony. He had to have been screaming, or possibly suffering agony in silence (doubtful- this HURTS LIKE HELL) because he knew very well that no one would listen to him.

No one took him to a hospital.

And now we've got idiots claiming "genetic defect". Priceless!

This may seem harsh, but you're not out of line, guest. I'm sure the program faithful assured this grieving mother that her son died quietly in his sleep.

As we go back and forth like the Holy Roman Crown over reform vs protest, I'm reminded again of another chilling reality. I'm going to take the liberty of telling a little bit about my daughter. I can't reach her right now, but I'm real confident that she'd be alright with this. If not, my bad, I'll have to make it up to her somehow.

My daughter had a bowel infraction. It damned near killed her. I know what it's like. The girl was wild with panic and pain, projectile vomiting and drifting in and out of shock for 7 hours while licensed, trained, qualified medical professionals in the ER flatly refused her diagnostic services.

They did this on the grounds that they had to have a urine sample to rule out pregnancy before they could do a standard x ray. The charge nurse seemed to insinuate that they dismissed my daughter's symptoms as drug effects, maybe a minor overdose or serious withdrawal. She said things like "She's acting rather bizarrely". And she was, of course. She was in intense pain for hours and doped up on the Benzos the er staff had given her. I know what that's like. Many laboring women will try to pack up and go home when the pain gets to its crescendo. My kid was trying to crawl off the foot of the bed; trying to escape the pain, crying, begging and pleading for help.

So convinced were these men and women that they were looking at nothing more then some dumb assed teenager's self inflicted issues and her gullible mother buying her bullshit that, even 2 hours after the catheter they had put into her bladder failed to produce enough urine for a test, I (a layman w/ no medical training) had to point this out to the doctor. When he finally connected the dots, his eyes went wide and he called in the radiology team to to their damned job.

Here's my point, folks. The industry uses as a defense that it exists to fill a market demand. That is factually true, in my humble opinion. But they say that like it's a good thing.

I'm telling you that, going back at least as far as the Nixon Administration, these sadistic lunatics, self deluded and well intended as they may be, have so influenced our society's beliefs and attitudes about young people with their toxic hate and scorn, they have so exaggerated in our collective conscious the relatively low risks of unauthorized drug use that even well trained, licensed, regulated medical professionals damned near let my daughter die screaming, crying, dry heaving, hallucinating and begging for help and mercy because of it.

It is no coincidence that the people who have become multimillionaires on the backs of tortured children and duped parents invest in particular political candidates and political action committees like DFAF. I have long held to the idea that any candidate or organization affiliated with this mindless death and torture industry should be shamed out of public life.

Our society is sick in a lot of ways. Somehow we have to address this before anything will improve. Maybe through art, maybe by various kinds of rebellion, maybe through the electoral and legal process, maybe some other ways.

Go ahead with your talk of regulation and reformation. My bit is real, real simple. Rampant talking out in group. Be rude and uncivilized about it if the situation seems to call for it. Be artful and humorous if that's the spirit that moves you. But please understand that the troubled parent industry is not the core or source of the problem, it's just one of the more rancid, obscene symptoms of our societal ills. And love your children. Hell, give a little boost to any kid you see, even if they're acting immature or awkward at the moment you encounter them.

Right now, something like 60% of school aged children are deemed abnormal by education professionals. Wake the fuck up, folks! That is a ridiculous statement! There's nothing wrong with the kids. If they're angry and anti-social in these numbers, maybe they've got something to be angry about.

:eek:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2010, 02:47:34 PM »
Quote from: "hurleygurley"
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:28:56 -0500
Boy found dead at Draper group home (Provo Daily Herald)
by Home inspector's checklist @ Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:28:56 -0500

SALT LAKE CITY -- A southern California boy died at a home in Draper, apparently in his sleep. The 14-year-old boy awoke early Thursday complaining of stomach and bowel problems, was placed in a separate room from other kids and found dead the next morning, said Carol Sisco, spokeswoman for Utah Department of Human Services.

Teenage Boy Dies In His Sleep At Utah Group Home (2News Salt Lake City)
A teenage boy died at a group home in Salt Lake City -- about a day after complaining of stomach and bowel problems, officials said.
Original post: Boy found dead at Draper group home (Provo Daily Herald) by Copyright (c) 2004 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. at Yahoo! News Search Results for home inspectors

Blog tag: Home inspector's checklist
Technorati tag: Home inspector's checklist
f anyone finds out the identity of the boy and his family, please let me know and let them know I may be a significant resource for them as the investigation is handled by Utah officials.

I will post more about this but the short story is this:

Aspen Ed. owns Youth Care. CRC Health merged with Aspen Ed. (backed by Bain (mormon) private equity) . So CRC owns Youth Care. By extremely odd coincidence I had had a 20 year acquaintance as a therapist consulting with a psychiatrist on various cases. I admired him very much ~ particularly his intellectual honesty and integrity. He closed his private practice a few years ago (in San Francisco) as a child and adolescent psychiatrist, like so many other doctors who couldn't afford private practice anymore. He said he was going to work for managed care and try to make change in medical standards "from the inside".  Lo and behold, he turns out to be the Medical Director at CRC Health.

He is senior management now with a big salary and stock options. I couldn't have imagined that he was anything other than the person I knew but I also know that people can be influenced and pressured and end up on the wrong side.  This appears to be what happened to Thomas Brady. I had called him this past October as the merger was being finalized and filled him in on all the gory details, particularly about Youth Care/PR because I started out in this murkey world trying to get my son's girlfriend  out of there.

I gave him documents which proved medical negligence among a long list of other sh**.   I told him that for each document I gave him I have more to support my claims.  He dodged, sent me back all the documents I gave him face to face and implied that he would deal with this but on his own terms. I called him last week before I knew of the death and told him that I cannot see anything that makes me believe that he hasn't been corrupted and that he's dodging me.  I have proof that the umbrella company had been specifically informed of gross abuse and negligence and they did not act on it.

I would encourage anyone involved in Aspen program issues to contact CRC Health in Cupertino, California. I would also contact Aspen Execs. I would say that calls and emails to executive management of both would be most useful.

Please contact by private post or at [email protected] and the ceo  of crc: http://www.crchealth.com

http://www.youthcare.com
http://www.aspeneducation.com

and not that I presume this will be of use:

http://www.hsdcfs.utah.gov/newsletter.htm (/Dept. of Human Services in Utah)

and of course there's good old Ken Stettler - I have some interesting email exchanges with him and one of the asst. attorney generals which are pretty damning.

Also, if you blog it would be great if you could blog the news article with any pertinent commentary with the same title as the article.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa