Author Topic: Americans Now Too Stupid To Name Own Children  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Americans Now Too Stupid To Name Own Children
« on: June 30, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
Is there anything parents can do for themsleves, without a consultant, advice from an 'expert'?
 :rofl:

Self-obsessed parents-to-be have one more thing to worry about: What to name the little testament to themselves once Mommy poops it out. You don't want your little angel to be like every other Madison in her class. The solution? Baby-naming consultants.

Last fall, John Bentham, 36, a Las Vegas theater producer, and his wife, Shannon, 29, who runs a nonprofit foundation, says they felt "enormous pressure" to find a strong-sounding boy name. "I wanted a name that would look good on a marquee or a political banner," Mrs. Bentham says. Though they had agreed on the letter "j," none of the names they came up with -- Jude, Julian, Jake, Jason, or John Jr. -- seemed original enough. They hired Ms. Walker and Mr. Reyes, who produced an 11-page list of possibilities, including Jackson. In March, the Benthams welcomed little Jackson Dean into the world.
[Soooo, does little Jackson get to decide what he wants to do with his life, or do mommy and daddy plan on conditioning/programming him to be a politician or actor?]

Walker and Reyes are a couple who offer "name consultations and workshops," and charge you fifty dollars a pop to help make sure that your Paolo isn't some pedestrian Paul. One California woman dropped nearly $500 to have a numerologist make sure the name she chose had "positive associations." Parents of America, we implore you: Save your money for the nursing home you're going to need when your offspring, bitter about a lifetime of "Anderson"ness, refuses to take you in during your declining years.
The Baby-Name Business [WSJ]
TUE JUN 26 2007 AT 3:49 pm
BY BALK

Ranging in price from $25 to $475, parents-to-be can engage the services of a professional baby-naming consultant. Services vary from offering as few as six choices based on a set of questions answered by the couple to a numerologist crunching numbers and examining data to see if the names the couple have in mind have a positive association.

After all, if your last name is Bundy, it might not be a good idea to name your son Ted. You don’t need a consultant for that.

Most parents using baby-name consultants want their child’s name to ultimately stand out on a resume to be noticed by potential employers. Maybe that’s why CNN hired Wolf Blitzer and Fox News hired Shepherd Smith. Their parents more than likely did not hire baby naming consultants when their respective sons were born.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:40:25 AM »
I wonder if these people hired one from the ghetto?

http://www.newbabynews.net/hospitals/st ... ID=h33-440

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me what people will spend their money on.
am the metal pig.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »
Yeah, it's truly appalling.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
I thought this said:

Americans too stupid to RAISE their own children..

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »
You ppl are looking at it all wrong. i am going to move to the US and set up my own consultancy firm. Ker ching!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 11:34:58 PM »
RTP and I were considering the idea of starting a referral agency...

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 12:08:12 AM »
SIBS all the way yo.
am the metal pig.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 12:56:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I wonder if these people hired one from the ghetto?

http://www.newbabynews.net/hospitals/st ... ID=h33-440

Oh god, hilarious. In my reading on the issue I saw where a little girl in the UK was given, like 25, middle names. All famous boxers names. No shit. It was a family tradition. The mom had a similar number, all boxers. And it took her until 10 to memorize them all. Bizarre, no?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 06:34:47 AM »
George Foreman had 7 children -- 5 boys named George and 2 daughters, Freeda George and Georgetta.

This guy coulda/shoulda hired a name consultant.  He either has the most inflated ego ever .... or a really small pool of names from which to choose.  I'm thinking it's the former.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
Must have made it easier for George to remember his kids names.
am the metal pig.