Author Topic: Ginger's Idea  (Read 905 times)

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Ginger's Idea
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:59:19 AM »
To avoid getting it lost in a sea of jewgold hoarding and hitler accusations:

Shit man! I'm really touched. So good to be missed!

Here's my suggestion. Maybe somebody will do this and beat me to it.

Check out Shattered Lives:
http://www.hr95.org/Shattered.htm

Take this concept and leave out the not-for-profit aspect, instead give each author, artist and photog who contributes and signs a release some share of the profit from the book. This way, the story gets out a little more in another context and form and to a different audience, ppl who make it happen get their fair share of the proceeds and everybody's happy.

Think Libertarian! Money is not evil, it's a form of expression among other things. Stealing it or taking it by force or fraud is evil and seems to be so common anymore that it might seem asif the money itself is the evil element. But it's not.

I think its brilliant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Ginger's Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »
Socrates was deeply offended whenever someone suggested that he be paid for his teaching. I'm with ya on that.

The best stuff always is the stuff that fights its way out for its life. I think that's why every professional writer and likely very few non-pro writers suffer from writer's block. Writing for pay is a whole lot like prostitution, at least to me. I've never been able to do it.

But there's value in having the topic addressed in a variety of media and venues and contexts. It took some money to make Over the GW happen. Money was never the impetus for the project, just a necessary means to an end. And I hope the people who created that fine piece of art work make plenty of it, too!

If somebody's got the time and inclination to take some of the best stuff and compile it into an anthology, that would be lovely and it will take some work and cost some money. I hope it turns out wonderful and that the editors and publishers get so stinkin rich off the project that it spawns an entirely new niche in popular non-fiction so that there's a decent demand market for any program vet who takes a notion to sell some books.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes