Author Topic: What's Betty doing with your parents' money these days?  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
What's Betty doing with your parents' money these days?
« on: May 19, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »
I just got this in my email. This is just one of a few national groups that advocate for drug policy reform. I do NOT necessarily agree with everything they say and do. Sometimes, I think they're just dead wrong. They are, however, a very good source for information relating to drug policy, funding, lobbying, the culture war and all the big players.

No matter how any of us may feel about MJ, MJ laws or any of the other perriferal issues, the core issue here is exactly the same one we all faced when considering splitting the Program from school on 4th phase. We were stuck because the cops, judges and other alleged adults were stacked against us. Well now these same people are spending the money stolen from your earnings to prevent the 80% or so of Americans who are unhappy with current drug policy from gaining equal access to the elective process. That's just WRONG!

Dear Friend:
 What would you do if Congress were about to approve a billion dollars' worth of advertising designed to defeat marijuana policy reform legislation and initiatives?

Well, the U.S. House of Representative is about to do this -- in a committee vote on Thursday, May 22 -- and we hope that you will immediately take action to stop this attempt to undermine the democratic process.

Congress is acting right now to push the powers of the White House drug czar past the point of no return. Along with another five years and another billion dollars for the National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign, Congress wants to give the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy the power to use the campaign for "partisan political purposes" to "oppose any attempt to legalize [marijuana]"!

If you want to prevent President Bush from spending up to a billion dollars in advertising against the Marijuana Policy Project's state campaigns for medical marijuana and general marijuana policy reform, please send a pre-written letter to your U.S. representative at http://www.mpp.org/Stop_the_Provision . This link will take you directly to a page where you will enter your name and address.  Then, you will just need to select a letter and hit send.

The anti-drug ads have already tried to convince the American people that marijuana is the most harmful drug available and that marijuana use leads to gun violence, date rape, teen pregnancy, auto accidents, gang killings, and terrorism. If Congress gets its way, the anti-drug ads -- funded with a billion tax dollars -- will now be telling citizens how to vote!

Help the Marijuana Policy Project keep Drug Czar John Walters from using his ads to meddle in the democratic reform of marijuana laws. Visit http://www.mpp.org/Stop_the_Provision to send a pre-written fax to your U.S. representative today.

Thank you for supporting us in this effort. With your help, we will continue our "War on Drug Czar" until he's out of the picture -- excommunicated from the federal government forever.

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
-- John Muir

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 07:48:00 PM »
I used to go to a few different types of forums every now and then thinking I'm going to be able to light a real fire by bringing up a drug war debate, with me clearly taking the stance against the drug war, but it never happens.  I can't remember any time (after Straight) which a person stepped up and took a pro-drug war stance against me.  

I think people really do range from neutral to  hardcore against the drug war.  It has become so boring due to no opposition that I don't even try it anymore.  You won't see masses of people protesting the end of the drug war when it does end.  It will end.  

Those drug war people are pretty damn old now.  They will die of old age soon.  This is the rare occassion in which death is a wonderful thing.  I will be celebrating the death of each of those nasty old bitches as they are toe-tagged and their shriveled prune bodies are hauled off to the crematorium.  I hope their carcasses shit themselves in the van on the way, just so the van drivers can get a look at what kind of disgusing animals they really are.  I know there's the possibility of a next generation taking their place.  I just wanted to be enthusiastic for a second about the death of the generation which founded Straight.

I don't do any drugs, but I know a few marijuana users.  Zero percent of them ever committed gun violence, date rape, teen pregnancy, auto accidents, gang killings, and terrorism.  Not even the auto accidents or teen pregnancy.

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-05-20 16:51 ]

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »
IT'S JUST FRIGHTENING..... :scared:
When is he leaving??? :???: ???

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »
JDavid's quote from 5/20
Those drug war people are pretty damn old now. They will die of old age soon. This is the rare occassion in which death is a wonderful thing. I will be celebrating the death of each of those nasty old bitches as they are toe-tagged and their shriveled prune bodies are hauled off to the crematorium. I hope their carcasses shit themselves in the van on the way, just so the van drivers can get a look at what kind of disgusing animals they really are. I know there's the possibility of a next generation taking their place. I just wanted to be enthusiastic for a second about the death of the generation which founded Straight.

I can't wait for that to happen!!!

Have you heard of scientists genetically engineering fruit that has beef inside?
"MEATFRUIT" is what it's called or something.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 01:51:00 PM »
Well, power concedes nothing without a demand. And there's a whole new generation of enforcers who, while they may not get off so much on the drug menace fairy tale, they do most certainly get off on the thug work under any pretense.

Check out this speech:
Recovering Our Honour
Why Policing Must Reject the "War on Drugs"
By Gil Puder
Presentation to the Fraser Institute
Sensible Solutions to the Urban Drug Problem
April 21, 1998

http://leap.cc/publications/puderroh.htm
(Gil Puder is an active duty constable in Vancouver)

As to genetically engineered foods, really I think the true frankenfoods will fail all on their own. Sure, you can make a tomato double size and whatever color you want, but it's sterile, tastes like water and doesn't do too well in competition with normal weeds.

The really evil stuff that Monsanto is doing, in my opinion, is their work with the terminator seeds. These plants are engineered to NOT set fruit or bear seed unless they're sprayed with a chemical you can only get from Monsanto. And these are the plants being used to replace traditional crops in starving regions. WHO is not at all above using starvation as a weapon of control.

But I'm not too afraid of the other stuff, really. I try to avoid buying it because I don't like what the companies are doing with their proceeds and I grow heirlooms whenever possible cause I'm a skin flint and don't want to have to go out and buy new seed all the time.

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »
Arianna Huffington
A White House Fluent In Language Of Fanatics
Filed May 21, 2003
Maybe Karl Rove has moved his office into the "Matrix." Maybe Laurence Fishburne is auditioning for Ari Fleischer's job. Maybe it's all just a bad dream: "The White House Reloaded."

I've been racking my brain, trying to reconcile the ever-widening chasm between what the White House claims to be true and what is actually true. After all, we know the president and his men are not stupid. And despite the tidal wave of misinformation pouring out of their mouths, I don't believe they are consciously lying.

Full Text: http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/files/052103.html

I hope it's not too late.

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?
-- Patrick Henry

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
Plus, I hope their version of hell after they die is exactly like first phase for eternity complete with host homes at night where Satan is their oldcomer.  Drive them through heaven twice a day so they can see what they are missing, but never let them out of the car until they get to the building or the host home.

If they have casket burials... you can bet I will find their graves.  I will "visit" them often.

We haven't made this connection yet: what is more evil/destructive?... drug use or holding teenagers in concentration camps?  I haven't seen that comparison yet.  I guess it might have been made before.

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-05-21 13:02 ]

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »
Bill O'Reilly was just on TV last night reinforcing the idea that drug use contributes to teen pregnancy.  I wonder how long it's going to be until people realize teen pregnancy is not bad to begin with.  It's the system in which the teens live that is bad.  I have no interest at all in sustaining such a system.  I was thinking yesterday: we are expected to postpone the lives of our kids for the sake of this system.  That sucks.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »
On 2003-05-21 12:54:00, JDavid wrote:

If they have casket burials... you can bet I will find their graves.  I will "visit" them often.
[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-05-21 13:02 ]"

Here, here!  ::cheers:: I understand that there's a yearly pilgrimage of sorts to Harry Anslinger's grave on his birthday. The ritual consists of pouring a pint of the finest liquor over his grave, only after running it through one's own system first to ensure quality and purity.

I say we expand on this nobel ritual to include Art Barker, the Semblers, Miller Newton and a whole host of others. Why, before ya' know it, we could have the perfect excuse for a road trip and party every day of the year!!
 :smokin:

Give me the youth, and Germany will rule the world.
--Hitler

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »
On 2003-05-21 15:10:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2003-05-21 12:54:00, JDavid wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-05-21 13:02 ]"

Here, here!  ::cheers:: I understand that there's a yearly pilgrimage of sorts to Harry Anslinger's grave on his birthday. The ritual consists of pouring a pint of the finest liquor over his grave, only after running it through one's own system first to ensure quality and purity.

I say we expand on this nobel ritual to include Art Barker, the Semblers, Miller Newton and a whole host of others. Why, before ya' know it, we could have the perfect excuse for a road trip and party every day of the year!!

:smokin:

Give me the youth, and Germany will rule the world.
--Hitler

"

*evil laugh* BOOHooHAHAHAAhh!!  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull: it was them little fornit fellers what made me do it!  
:skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:
BOOHooAHAHAHAAhh!!

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »
so what happens when the girls are all drunk and squat to pee but end up fallin in the peemud?  :rofl:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »
Well, Bill m' man...at that point it ain't too hard to get laid!  :lol:

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 11:17:00 PM »
I guess that means you can go first? LOL
 :rofl:

I iz married, so I wouldnt be able to.

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2003, 03:06:00 AM »
That's what I'm talkin' about, but if I get there first, watch where you step.  Don't forget the toilet paper.

Here, here!  I understand that there's a yearly pilgrimage of sorts to Harry Anslinger's grave on his birthday. The ritual consists of pouring a pint of the finest liquor over his grave, only after running it through one's own system first to ensure quality and purity.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »
Let's not forget the spraypaint... :grin: