Author Topic: Kool Aide  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:33:32 AM »
A kid from the US told me today that you can put this  in your hair to dye blue or pink streaks in it. Apparently it is popular in some quarters with young girls. If this is what it does to their hair what the hell does drinking it do to a persons insides?????
Or were they having some fun with me?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »
Kraft responds:
I've heard you can use Kool-Aid for all sorts of things, like dying your hair. Is this true?

While you may have heard about some alternate uses for Kool-Aid; since it's a food product, we recommend you use it as such.We do have many recipes that incorporate Kool-Aid in them, and encourage you to visit our site, www.kraftfoods.com, to find out which ones interest you.~~

Given the ingredients (sugar, fructose, citric acid, calcium phosphate, sodium citrate, natrual flavor, ascorbic acid, Yellow 6, Yellow 6 lake, artificial flavor, titanium dioxide, Red 40 lake, BHA) it's only fit to use as a hair dye.

But, are kids using it to dye their hair? Uh, yeh.
http://tinyurl.com/3yw79m
One did a rainbow job: "My hair is currently 5 colors of kool aid it is blue, green, purple, orange, and red. It turned out great but I am afraid to see what happens when I wash it but I will let ya'll know later! Peace"

As to what it's doing to kids' insides.... there's lots of info linking artificial food colors/flavors to hyperactivity and health problems.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »
Another question is posed:

"How about a dog?  I'm housesitting for a friend who said we were to do nothing to the house this time, but he needs someone to watch his dog.  We want to leave the house, but color his dog blue.  Does anyone know, will this rub off if he lays on the furniture or bed?  How do you get it out once you have colored the hair?"
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »
check some of the forums listed in the link above. some said it washed out with the next shampooing, others said it lasted a couple of months. but, guess that coulda been the next shampooing for her.....
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 03:29:33 PM »
My daughter used KoolAid once to color her hair.  It took quite a long time to wash out and her pillowcase was a nice shade of cherry.  I wouldn't recommend coloring the dog as funny as it would be ... I think he would leave traces of color wherever he lay.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 11:52:56 PM »
If I caught my kids doing this I would send them to a program... just sayin', it's disrespectful to their bodies and showing signs of depression and not having positive per relations. Not a bad program, something wildernessy and fun like a camping trip with therapy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 12:08:31 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If I caught my kids doing this I would send them to a program... just sayin', it's disrespectful to their bodies and showing signs of depression and not having positive per relations. Not a bad program, something wildernessy and fun like a camping trip with therapy.

Looks like someone's already had quite enough Koolaid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kool Aide
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »

Looks like someone's already had quite enough Koolaid.

I think you are right. You are very insightful. I think you are right. You are very smart. I think you might be on to something there. Buddy.