Author Topic: You did not use this opportunity  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
You did not use this opportunity
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »
In Lynwood jail a young well-known lady is just now serving 23 days.

She is - like you - a survivor of CEDU.

She might not be someone, who you find a sympathetic character.

She seems selfish, spoilt and simply a brat - someone you as a program parent will like to send to the nearest brat camp.

But..

Did she now react like most teenager just coming out from a program punished for crimes they dont have committed?

Is she not just doing the crime, because the she had paid the crime?

What would you have done if you did turn 18 and was handed a trust fund which put you in a position to give your parents the finger?

What would you as a parents do if your daughter turned 18 and was able to go anywhere.

I believe that the lady and her parents reached a deal. They shipped her off to London so she could party without causing scandal in her hometown. No one could anticipate that the world was ready to pay to see nothing. The rest is history.

They always appears publicly as a close family. But see how they write to eachother and judge for yourselves.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... ris14.html

But back to the present situation. You could all find every single forum in various gossip columms and tell where you met her and how you felt once you left the facility. Tell about how they investigated your rectum, how you felt abandoned by your family.

People will know that this industry exist.

The obivious question she needs to be asked is:

"What difference did the stay at CEDU and the other facilities, you were put in make in your life?"

Once she had made her interview, this chance is gone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline drlongjon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:54:20 AM »
I believe the topic should be renamed to "We did not use this opportunity."

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:43:23 PM »
I kind of see your point.

I am curious how many weeks/months did Paris attend CEDU & Cascade?

From what I've read on this forum it less than 2 months combined. If that is true I don't think she qualifies as a bonafide former student or survivor.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
How long?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
Who much time do you need to....

feel punished without reason. When the transport firm picks you up, after a day, after a week, after a month, after a year......

Does it matter how long she was there? The Richcards kid was there and he is being accused of throwing rocks, Francis was there and he is fighting charges about filming underaged girls. You were used for profit and of course it is not nice for her to doing time, but it can not be any worse than her time at CEDU. To matter made worse something indicate that her escape from CEDU made her parents put her in a worse place.

Read Frances comment on TMZ.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/18/paris-see ... rom-self/3

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 06:33:23 PM »
Did you go to a CEDU or Cedu type school? It doesn't sound like it.

I graduated in 90 from RMA and I agree with a majority of the criticisms discussed in this forum but for the love of god man the amount of time one spent there makes an enormous difference.

You're basically saying someone who puts their hand on the stove for 2 seconds and 2 hours has the same experience. I've been to jail for the night for a drunk bar fight. I sure as hell would bet all the money in the world that my jail experience is not apples and apples with someone who is in doing a life sentence at San Quentin.

You probably didn't go to a cedu school and you've been sniffing some good glue.

I say all this because when you don't have your facts right and start talking bizarro danish shit you end up discrediting the interesting insights/criticims about cedu. I find this forum and specifically the insights mentioned above valuable because as a 17 year old student we didn't have the faculties to process, conclude and express our opposition to the plethora of bullshit they subjected us to.

....okay..I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... tell me about the relevant hands on experience/understanding  you have of a cedu graduate?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LISTEN TO WHAT THEY WERE SAYING
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 10:43:38 PM »
Pursuing greed is a waste of time. We are running out of oil and may not have any in 30 years. We need to work on more useful things than pigging up the dollars. Hopefully US will go commie soon.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 02:51:35 AM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
Did you go to a CEDU or Cedu type school? It doesn't sound like it.

I graduated in 90 from RMA and I agree with a majority of the criticisms discussed in this forum but for the love of god man the amount of time one spent there makes an enormous difference.

You're basically saying someone who puts their hand on the stove for 2 seconds and 2 hours has the same experience. I've been to jail for the night for a drunk bar fight. I sure as hell would bet all the money in the world that my jail experience is not apples and apples with someone who is in doing a life sentence at San Quentin.

You probably didn't go to a cedu school and you've been sniffing some good glue.

I say all this because when you don't have your facts right and start talking bizarro danish shit you end up discrediting the interesting insights/criticims about cedu. I find this forum and specifically the insights mentioned above valuable because as a 17 year old student we didn't have the faculties to process, conclude and express our opposition to the plethora of bullshit they subjected us to.

....okay..I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... tell me about the relevant hands on experience/understanding  you have of a cedu graduate?

No, of course I have not been at CEDU. If I had, I would have treated at RCT when I returned home to Denmark and my parents would be in jail. Our authorities are well aware that children under 18 belongs at home. That why even ordinary boarding schools are rare and they have made cutbacks to continuation schools.

And I also guess that the real damage to her was done at Provo Canyon School after her escape from CEDU. Her use of medication seems to point to that. They drugged children there. Wassermann was against medication, so she could not had got her medication habbit started up there.

Perhaps she is not a survivor of CEDU as you are, but you have been used for profit and so have she. Why not for a change use the media hysteria to tell the American public of the existence of this industry? It is still a secret.

Somehow the number of children listed as died under treatment does not seem to get peoples attention, but a blond getting driven down to the court house seems.

This is a one-time oppotunity. She is going to be on Larry King. Somehow questions about her upbringing should be asked.

Offline Rugby Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
Paris Hilton is a footnote of Cedu history, a passing blip; and Cedu, I'm sure, hardly registers on her radar, except that it was one of several 'rehab' or behavior adjustment institutions that she whined her way out of over the course of her ongoing pathetic life. It's obscene to compare her or bring her up in the context of what those of us who went through the whole Cedu experience have done.

What you don't see in Europe is that most hardworking, rational Americans don't give a damn about Paris, Lindsay, Brittney or anyone else that brings our culture that much more into the gutter. All you see is the media hype. I know for me and most people that the most we got out of it was some amusement in seeing her spoiled ass crying in the back of a squad car going to jail.

You haven't been to Cedu, and maybe not even set foot in the U.S. Maybe you should step back and look at what judgements you bring on us without actually experiencing our day to day life firsthand.  Yes, you may have a right to comment on how far out of whack our society has gotten, but don't make any assumptions on how we should feel about it.

What happened here in the Cedu sub-forums? I'm sorry I don't have more time to spend here. It seems all I do is work, take care of my family and sleep. The most activity lately seems to be this Danish guy who has a 2D picture of us and some crazy bible verse spouting nutjob getting knee jerk responses from us. There's more rage and righteous indignation out there, more cathartic revelations to be made, more planning to be done to shut down the system that tries to shut down the kids.  I have more to share, but that's enough for now.
he Fog of Cedu RS 89-91

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PH: Crusader? Ha!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »
To reiterate RP's sentiment, Paris was minituiae in CEDU history. She was only there for a few weeks.

And, the fact that her parents pulled her so soon actually says something (if not much) about their judgment.   Many of our parents were fed the whole deadinsaneorinjail spiel irregardless of our non criminal history! Parents who were waffling were very rapidly reeled back in to toe the line and foot the bill by some very persuasive, manipulative, often deceptive, rhetoric on the staff's part.  Frankly, I was amazed she was pulled so soon--it NEVER happens!  The only time I have seen a kid pulled is when they had already been at CEDU for a year or so--after Challenge, usually on an extended home visit. This was uncommon.

You see, CEDU was so deft at manipulating that they even convinced kids who were 18 to stay to graduate. Crazy. I'll bet those kids are slapping themselves now.

On another front, the last thing I want Paris to be is a Poster Child for TBS Awareness week. She is as obtuse and ignorant as they come. For God's sake, she doesn't even know London is in England.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »
A small interjection here...

First of all, I think Covergaard is just trying help out, so maybe we should separate out all the disparagement of PH from that.

Secondly, I can assure everyone, from personal first-hand observations, that the children of the Rich and Famous were generally fed a slightly diluted version of the bullshit and mind-fuckery for the simple reason that their outcomes and experiences impacted more on the school's PR.

And, amount of time spent generally is loosely proportional to degree of psychological devastation, just like everyone has said; however, there were instances where traumatic experiences were so acute that it didn't take much time at all to eviscerate one...

Just my thoughts...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »
Well, maybe Miss. Hilton is not the best example of what Mr. Wasserman and his followers were able to do, but can you find a better way to inform the world of this industry?

I run http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk and I am not looking down on you. We have horrors of our own as troubled teens or even normally teens are not something any society wants. It reminds adults about our darkest moment of bad judgment (I am no exception). However, some parents are look more over the shoulder by the authorities than others. Danish parents can not lock their children up. They need a court order and a crime done by the child.

And our press is all over those facilities our youth can be placed in, once they have broken the law. Former employees are whistle blowers and our newspapers are giving rewards for news so they don't have a lot of room to maneuver on. Due to our size we don't have densely populated areas where such a facility is the only employer. So no town is depended of the income of such a facility like Thompson Falls is of Spring Creek Lodge.

Still we manage to perform unsatisfactory:

http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/DK/Denmark.htm

But we are in a bit of trouble. Our civilized way of dealing with troubled youth does not seem to work on hardcore gang-members – even the fact that they can end up in adult prison, so they are looking into your teen industry, which seems to be answer to their prayers. And both Aspen and WWASP are expanding into Europe. WWASP are not doing so good with Morava Academy closed down by the Czechs. Aspen is doing much better and now are Anasazi also joining them (They will host Brat Camp 5, which is broadcast July 2007 in UK.)

So just to be sure that no Danish teenagers are sent to the States, I have decided to create this homepage. During my year running marathons and triathlon, I visited your country, but I have not been at such facilities. I also do think that it not possible to have been in such a facility just to write about them.

CEDU is a mystery. Created in back 1969 by Wasserman, old Barbara Walters was one of the first celebrities to use CEDU for her daughter. It turned out so well that the daughter now runs a wilderness cause. We have a theory about bullies and that is that a bully often have been bullied themselves at some point. You know the rest of the story. BW is a person people listen to. One of them was Kathy Hilton – Miss. Hiltons mother. Another tread have spoken about other so-called celeb-brats, so I won’t list the names once more. But the company has managed to stay out of sight, so most people have not heard about it.

I would like to create a page about CEDU, their history, number of facilities, level system etc. But sources are drying out and it even seems to be difficult to find news about the reborn company. Who is running it and where are they located? (I prefer to publish the exact address with a link to sat image if possible.) It makes it easier for the social network (family and friends) of a teenager to find it and perhaps even seek up the victim.

Somehow the public needs to be reach in an unconventional way. Using Paris Hilton, even if the fact is that the real damage to her was done by Provo Canyon School, would bring light on the industry and send a clear message to the parents: You can not get a good result by outsourcing your child’s upbringing. You need to do it yourself.

Write to Larry King and tell him to ask questions about her time in the industry. She maybe only had stayed for some months at CEDU, but her total in the industry stay was way longer.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
ut sources are drying out and it even seems to be difficult to find news about the reborn company. Who is running it and where are they located? (I prefer to publish the exact address with a link to sat image if possible.)

I cold called Northwest Academy several months ago and asked about the changes in the program:

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21142

Official bullshit pages:
http://www.nwacademy.net/
https://www.bouldercreekacademy.net/
http://www.ascent4teens.com/

They are now all owned and run now by Universal Health Services.
http://www.uhsinc.com/index_uhs.php
These are the same guys who run Provo Canyon, Utah.

A CEDU timeline:

link

As for exact address, I ran a sattellite GPS locator program and input the addresses for route 1, which is where I stayed, and it gave me this address way off the map, with no structures or facilities of any kind. I know exactly what that campus looks like, and that ain't it. I haven't tried google earth, though, yet.

BCA and NWA are where they always have been, on the old Cow Creek campus where I used to go. Route 1, Bonners Ferry, ID. But if you put that into a gps system, it gives you something weird out in the middle of the forest somewhere. I think there was an old thread from a while back where someone had pinpointed the latitude and longitude and was able to get an image of the facility as it stood when that thread was posted.

Offline Rugby Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24:06 AM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
Well, maybe Miss. Hilton is not the best example of what Mr. Wasserman and his followers were able to do, but can you find a better way to inform the world of this industry?...

...Somehow the public needs to be reach in an unconventional way. Using Paris Hilton, even if the fact is that the real damage to her was done by Provo Canyon School, would bring light on the industry and send a clear message to the parents: You can not get a good result by outsourcing your child’s upbringing. You need to do it yourself.

Write to Larry King and tell him to ask questions about her time in the industry. She maybe only had stayed for some months at CEDU, but her total in the industry stay was way longer.

Okay, so I have a little more insight into where you're coming from, but I still think you might assume at times that you have a more intimate picture of the state of the trouble teen industry in America than you actually do. You are championing the just cause, so I'll leave it alone.

I just think you're barking up the wrong tree with the Paris Hilton thing. The last thing Cedu survivors need is to be linked with her. I can have sympathy for her for having to be introduced, however briefly, to the Cedu system. It is a shock to the brain regardless of who you are and how many institutions you've been to beforehand.
That doesn't change the fact that pretty much everything since then she's brought on herself. She's plays the role of drugged up skank perfectly.  No self respecting Cedu survivor wants to be connected to that basket of buffoonery.
Also, there's plenty of kids of the rich and famous that we don't hear about because they have self control and take advantage of the fact that they can attend any college they want to - to actually work or at least gain knowledge and lead a fulfilling life.

On another point, to reply to another poster, I think it was Ursus; I DO NOT THINK that all celebrity rich kids got their Cedu experience candy coated. I was the Big Brother to the brother of Rob and Chad Lowe and at one point was in the same peer group as John Brogan, (a lot of people were, poor kid was there forever) who was the stepson of Dudley Moore and whose mom traveled in high society circles. Brogan got so much hell and was treated like absolute dirt. I swear I saw his soul deteriorate and slowly die before my eyes.

Yes, there's leagues of difference between the Hiltons and Dudley Moore, but in my experience, the more celeb status a kid came in with just meant that people had that much more ammo to use on them in raps and propheets. The lucky ones convinced their parents what it was really like and got pulled, just like any less famous kid there.
he Fog of Cedu RS 89-91

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 01:35:33 PM »
Covergaard

1. It seems like you mean well and you're English is pretty good. However, it is difficult to interpret what you are trying to say.

2. I agree that leveraging PHilton would be the most effective way to get your point across. However, I repeat you MUST get your facts straight otherwise you're going to sabotage yourself. How much time did PHilton spend at CEDU/CASCADE/PROVO? Again, I don't think it was much.

3.  You're discrediting your argument by lumping all celebrities together. Joe Francis would still be Joe Francis with or without RMA. I remember him well at RMA. I'd also bet the farm that PHilton would be the same media magnet / obnoxious child without CEDU.  Who the fuck is "Richcards kids"?

4.  I wasn't picked up by transport - does that make me less traumatized then the next cedu graduate?

5. Who isn't used for profit?

6. Agreed, kid’s civil liberties shouldn't be abused (in the name of 'therapy').

URSUS  
1. Again, I graduated RMA in 90'. Until that point, time spent there was highly proportional to the degree of trauma endured. I know things started to change significantly after 91/92 and won't presume to speak for students who attended after I graduated.

AMENTOHOP

1. Why are you posting in this thread / forum? How much paint do you huff every day? Why doesn't your monkey lettuce handlebars smell like horse apples in the sauna?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:42:40 AM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 06:26:10 PM »
I just think you're barking up the wrong tree with the Paris Hilton thing. The last thing Cedu survivors need is to be linked with her.

Oh I disagree. I think that the fact that CEDU was the TBS for celebrity kids is very telling. Although it shouldn't be linked solely to Paris. We should possibly compile a list of all celebrity kids who went to these places. Even people like Joe whatshisname, who wasn't a celebrity kid going into the place (as far as I know) but went on to do Girls Gone Wild.