Author Topic: You did not use this opportunity  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
You did not use this opportunity
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »
Yeah--when I went to CEDU it had a different demographic than other programs. CEDU was a rustic warehouse for rich kids.   For parents who were too freaking self involved to raise their kids (generally speaking) and then shipped 'em off when things go hot in the kitchen.   I know both Michael Landon and Neil Diamond's kids went, among others... like Jenny Craig's!  And Barbara Walters'!

A lot of the kids had huge self esteem issues, but others were just really depressed, bipolar, intellectually creative, or even, asperger's...  CEDU was the worst place to put these kinds of people. The worst. Screaming fits of  hysteria, Stepford conformancy, and public humiliation aren't really useful tools for emotional growth.  

When I went there was NO individual therapy, or therapeutic meds (these were then over prescribed later, as a control tool).   Also, many kids might have experimented, but few had serious drug issues. It definitely wasn't a rehab. It was No-Hab.  

There was a kid or two who had GTA and the courts allowed CEDU over Juvie. But I wouldn't say this was the norm. One kid got a DUI and killed someone and was "sentenced" to CEDU.   He felt so guilty (it was his girlfriend), he gladly took the punishment.  

Other kids were just spoiled brats.  By the time their parents remarried, the steps said, "either he/she goes, or I do!"  I think those kids should have just been sent to do public works in some third world country. No humiliation, lots of humility, and perhaps a sense of positive contribution.

But WTF knows? I just can't understand parents shipping their kid to a TBS overseas. God--I would have died. I know when I decided to split CEDU, I felt it was a life or death situation. I wouldn't have been successful overseas. I'd be trapped.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
Castle

What exactly do you mean by "telling". "I think that the fact that CEDU was the TBS for celebrity kids is very telling"? Please explain.

Using celebrities to promote your campaign is a guaranteed way to get a segment on mainstream media however if you're implying that RMA caused joe francis to create GGwild I don't see the connection.

I started the Joe Francis thread saying that it is interesting  that  he was at RMA for quite a while ( 1 to 1 1/2 years ) which is enough time for most people to claim that he had been "healed" or semi-healed and that he went on to do GGWild. That is simply interesting.

Your comment is right on in my opinion.

"Other kids were just spoiled brats. By the time their parents remarried, the steps said, "either he/she goes, or I do!" I think those kids should have just been sent to do public works in some third world country. No humiliation, lots of humility, and perhaps a sense of positive contribution. "

I can't agree with you more. In turn, the joke was on our parents. Because they couldn't get their parenting shit together we endured Stacy Wasserman ranting at us, feeling guilty about knapkinless eating all to the tune of $30k+ a year .   All the while a 1 year peace corps scenario would have done us a whole lot better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU saved my life
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 07:00:19 AM »
I was going nowhere fast when I entered CEDU. They taught me work ethics and that bottom lines are for real. I fought it and complained but I don't get all of the whining on this site anymore because those bottom lines can jump up and hit you fast.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: CEDU saved my life
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 08:41:59 AM »
Quote from: ""gggggg""
those bottom lines can jump up and hit you fast.

You mean like when CEDU went "unexpectedly" bankrupt? :lol:

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:33 AM »
My brother who is an RMA grad mentioned something about attending with Rossane Barr's kid. Can't remember the full details as its been a few years.

Covergaurd takes a little getting used to. His English isn't quite strong enough for him to express himself without coming across like he is indicating that everything American is somehow far less superior to everything Danish.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »
Both of Roseanne Barr's daughters attended RMA in the early 90s.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
I'll take your word for it. I can't remember what my brother said about it other than him mentioning that he went to RMA with a daughter of Rossane Barr. Can't really remember if he mentioned it was one of them or two.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Barr Daughter
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:27 PM »
I was at Cedu in Running Springs circa 1989 when she first got sent there.

She lasted 2 days and split. I t was too close to Hollywood I am guessing and she was able to get back rather easily.

Perhaps why she was sent to RMA?

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 10:49:45 AM »
You guess is as good as mine. The only thing I remember about RMA from my brother is how intense the group meetings were. He didn't go into much detail other than to say they were very intense.
am the metal pig.