Author Topic: Honest Debate  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
Honest Debate
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 08:22:40 PM »
030307, I'm still waiting for some sort of response - "honest debate" if you will - with respect to AARC. What good did it do me? I was not an addict, not even close, so what was the point?

Rachael
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Honest Debate
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
I still have yet to get an "honest debate" answer to my questions before. (I am the one from KIDS), I thought you were interested in expressing your views?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Honest Debate
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 11:18:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Rachael""
030307, I'm still waiting for some sort of response - "honest debate" if you will - with respect to AARC. What good did it do me? I was not an addict, not even close, so what was the point?

Rachael

I went to Benchmark, not AARC, but they did the same to me.  I didn't drink, smoked pot a few times...  My parents sent me there becuase they found out I'm bi.  several months later, I truly believed I was an alcoholic, and everything that implies.

Like Rachael, my associations with left-leaning politicical and human rights activism made me unpopular with the staff at the school, and no doubt influenced their classification as me as an addict/alcoholic.

My feeling is that GUEST is either staff, or a relatively recent graduate.  Rachael is sober, you twat, and I barely drink at all (really).  Maybe you, Guest,  are an alcoholic/addict, maybe not, but I wouln't trust the judgment of anybody but yourself on the matter... not your parents, not AARC, any other treatment center, or AA for that matter.  Like Rachael, I was told that I had just cought my disease early, adn I should be glad I didn't have to go down the road the staff weant... (WtF...  I had gotten drunk ONCE before coming to program.)

For AARC to tell rachael that she was chemically addicted, when she had only used pot and LSD is ABSURD considering both substances are not physically/chemically addictive (pot is about equivalent to caffiene, LSD isn't physically addictive at all).  Some argue that Pot can be psychologically addictive if used every day over an extended period of time, but others debate this.  Since there are few, truly neutral studies done on the matter, it's difficult to know.

I, too, was told to stop using big words.. that I was using them to cover up how I felt.  The truth was, as I see it, is that they just didn't like to appear as if they weren't educated in contrast (and they didn't like to have to ask things like "what does euphemism mean?").

God damn Rachael.. the more I read of your post, the more it sounds like Benchamark.  I was also told that I had no rights in program (they told us we signed away our rights).

Guest:  Did you ever see AARC reject a kid for admission on the basis that he/she wasn't an addict?  My guess is: no.  Becuase like most programs, as long as the bills get paid, they don't give a fuck.  You probably think that I'm lying about my issues, bla bla bla... that I really have needles sticking out of my eyeballs...  Well.  You can think that.  I don't care.

Don't be a stranger... remember: Keep coming back, it works if you work it!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Honest Debate
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 11:25:44 PM »
Quote from: ""030307""
I would really like to have a chance to have an honest debate with everyone who hates on AARC... bring it ajax, you seem like an articulate, intelligent dude... but on the other hand, the devil usually comes with a slick tongue and a remarkable ability to seem correct in all he speaks... so, lets drop the gloves... i am an "AARC survivor," still sober, and completely committed to the program, both AA and AARC... but i will concede one of you points... AARC is All About Receiving Cash: to continue to help kids that end up on the streets, suicidal, close to death and chemically dependant.

Let me guess... 030307 is your graduation date, right?
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you selling?????
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 12:03:04 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
holy. you people are all sooooo fucked. its amazing. You go on this site that only relapsed graduates, idiots who cant find anyone else to blame for the shitty states of their lives.
Idiots?  "shitty states"?  Why...  Program must have given you some supernatural insight into other people's lives who share your disease.  The disease connects us all, doesn't it?
i went thru aarc at 17 years of age, i never experienced any form of abuse at all.
You simply learned to redefine what is, and is not abuse.  Tell me: if it helps a person in the end, is any technique/tactic really off-limits ethically?  After all, if kids didn't hit rock bottom in program, it would happen out in the cruel, cruel world, where they would end up dead, insane, or in jail.  And you have to hit rock bottom to realize you have a problem, Correct?  So program simply makes sure you believe you have a problem, by making sure you hit rock bottom.  Correct?
maybe the people who complain here are really just a bunch of bitches who can't handle truth being told to them
Absolutely, Guest.  I see your flawless logic.  Other people with no first hand knowledge of your background, based on trumped up confessions and the ravings of greedy quacks, have perfect perception as to what is the "truth" of your disease...  correct?  Because addicts understand other addicts, right?  And you know one when you see one, right?  It's like a supernatural perception into the lives of others.  AARC helped you to identify that power within yourself, right?  It feels good, doesn't it?
and therefore, like ajax13's SLF (whatever the fuck that means), just bitch moan and complain, instead of being real, strong, and open, learning from AARC and instead put it all on other people.
Absolutely.  Everything that happens to us is 100% our fault.  We are accountable/responsible for everything that happens in your lives... becuase as druggies, we learned how to blame everything on other people, even when it was their fault...
Doctor Vause has a doctorate, he played for the Broncos, how do I know this? over the past 2 years I have met people who knew him when he was doing all those things. That man is not evil, if you knew him... there is no way you could say that in good conscience... he a caring compassionate amazing dude. You wanna know how i know all this? because i have a little sister who is 7 years old, and he absolutely loves her, everytime she comes around he gives her bead kits, sunglasses, pop, just to make her happy.
Politicians kiss babies too, and Hitler was an avid dog-lover.  Your point in relation to the argument?  I fail to how hos he treats you little sister has anything to do with the way he acts in program.
It's almost like the connection between them is like an uncle-neice.
Absolutely!  He's almost part of the family he has helped you so much.  Why, you probably see him as a surrogate father-figure.
He's a good dude and I respect him lots.
I am not quite sure much that opinion is shared around here...  All our opinions must be wrong...  Must be the fucked up druggie mentality.  "druggie mentality" .. HA... There is about as much science in that as Dianetics...
SO FUCK ALL YOU BITCHES WHO CANT TAKE RESONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN SHITTY LIVES AND HAVE TO BLAME IT ON SOMEONE ELSE. AARC IS THE ONLY PLACE I'VE SEEN HELP PEOPLE AND I WENT EVERYWHERE IN ALBERTA BEFORE I ENDED UP IN AARC. come chill with me and the other sober graduates before you judge us, fuckin assholes.

Why, absolutely.  I would be more than glad to come hang out with people who don't judge me.  After all, that's all you request.

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
Honest Debate
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 04:45:06 AM »
double post
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 05:10:09 AM by Guest »

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
Honest Debate
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 04:46:48 AM »
SO FUCK ALL YOU BITCHES WHO CANT TAKE RESONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN SHITTY LIVES AND HAVE TO BLAME IT ON SOMEONE ELSE.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I blame AARC for absolutely nothing in my life.

I take full responsibility for achieving academic excellence.

I take full responsibility (or at least half) for my amazingly strong relationship with my professional athlete husband (and our lovely daughter).

I take full responsibility for my extraordinarily challenging and intense corporate oil job - in a department where I am the youngest employee by at least ten years and one of the most valued by far.

I take full responsibility for becoming emotionally strong in the face of extreme adversity.

I take full responsibility for becoming successful in all aspects of my life.

come chill with me and the other sober graduates before you judge us, fuckin assholes.

And again, in case you missed it - I was "sober" before AARC. I chose not to use drugs, and therefore haven't since. And I don't need to "chill with sober graduates", I "chill" with sober Olympic athletes. So quit throwing stones.

Rachael