Author Topic: Sembler in Austell, GA  (Read 1252 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Sembler in Austell, GA
« on: May 17, 2003, 11:06:00 AM »
I was just wondering why this Florida developer rich in straight inc history would be building shopping centers or whatever in Austell GA. Isn't that where Austell Rd is? Someone from around there may be able to find out what they are doing. I hope it is not building warehouses for kids.

MG8 :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sembler in Austell, GA
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »
for kids...he is a shopping center/mall developer.

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Sembler in Austell, GA
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »
Austell is the city I was born in.  Sembler is desecrating my heritage.

Austell Road is a road that goes to Austell, but it is in Marietta.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Sembler in Austell, GA
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »
On 2003-05-17 09:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"for kids...he is a shopping center/mall developer. "

Yeah, he just uses ones that were already there. (saves money...)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Sembler in Austell, GA
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »
...but, there's no chaning that so I may as well revel in it, right?

This is what I think. It's no coincidence that Smell Sembler is involved in both the predatory marketing aspect of the culture war as in other aspects of the overall war strategy.

What has the mall got that Main Street didn't have betterand cheaper already? Well granted, I was raised in So. Florida. There was no main street. The mall was the first thing to go up after the hotels, gift shops and cheap housing for the labor pool.

But now that I'm back in America, it's like living in a grave yard. Wally World (AKA Wal-Mart Super Store--Your Place for Cheap Plastic Shit made in China) is just down the road about 2.5 miles. Within about a 3 mile radius, there are at least 4 former main streets now comprised of shuttered, crumbling buildings that defy the elements through sheer prowes of architecture, stout materials and outstanding workmanship. But they can't last forever and it seems that, after 20 years or more, time is not on their side.

I hate going to Wally World. I hardly ever do, unless the thing I need is just no longer available anywhere else. And that seems to be the case about once every month or two. I'd far rather put something on order at a local struggling hardware store than buy one of whatever from the culprits who killed main street before I ever got a chance to stroll and window shop.

Well these malls and strip shopping centers are guaranteed successes only if the consumer herd is predictable and controlable. I shit you not, my teenaged daughter came home one day with a text book that instructed her to aspire to be a good consumer! In those words! or very close. It said that our role in society is to produce for others and earn money so that we can consume enough to keep others busy!

Yeah, Smell Sembler builds malls that destroy towns. We hates him, Precious! Yes we does!
And all that he stands for!

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sembler in Austell, GA
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »
Bill I didn't know about this, do tell... i am still near austell rd......

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Sembler in Austell, GA
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »
Was looking at the sembler company website and they list a project in Austell GA. Just thought it was odd, but figured I'd see if anyone near there had heard what they are doing. They also claim reputation as part of their motto.  

MG8  :smokin: