Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Facility Question and Answers

Hyde

(1/13) > >>

nimdA:
Interview:

Focus on answering the questions.

I'll start with this:

When did you go to Hyde?

How long where you there?

Ursus:

--- Quote from: ""TS Waygookin"" ---When did you go to Hyde?

How long where you there?
--- End quote ---

Early/mid 70s.  I was there three years.

silentlysinging:

--- Quote from: ""TS Waygookin"" ---
When did you go to Hyde?

How long were you there?
--- End quote ---

Well, I did it; I made an account.  :) Moving right along...
I went to Hyde in the summer of 2002, and I stayed there as a freshman for nearly a year (until late-May 2003).

nimdA:
How were you transported to Hyde?

Where you informed of your departure to Hyde prior to leaving, or was it a bit of a surprise?

What was your first impression of Hyde upon arrival?

silentlysinging:

--- Quote from: ""TS Waygookin"" ---How were you transported to Hyde?

Where you informed of your departure to Hyde prior to leaving, or was it a bit of a surprise?

What was your first impression of Hyde upon arrival?
--- End quote ---

I was transported to Hyde by plane/car. My dad told me he found this program that he wanted me to do for the summer. He took me up for an "interview" where these unfamiliar adults sat down with me and ranted about my issues, and how much they could help and the importance of character and such. They seemed alright. Then we came home, and it seemed he had made up his mind. Of course, I didn't want to go, but he assured me that it would only be for a few months...and I was having a lot of problems at the time, so I hesitantly consented, thinking maybe, just maybe it might actually be good for me... I actually wanted it to be good for me. But I was also pretty scared... Upon my immediate arrival at Summer Challenge, I thought everything looked strange, but not so bad. Most of the kids (not all by any means, but it seemed like the majority) were from the suburban/rural northeast, and I remember thinking that with all their pale skin and L.L. Bean attire that, well...they all looked kind of lame, because I was a 14 year-old, trying-to-look-cool kid from South Florida who thought all teenagers everywhere had short shorts/baggy jeans/tight jeans, tank tops and huge shoes. :roll:  I also noticed that almost everyone was white...and that was really weird for me because I'd always been used to more diverse environments. The staff, especially, just seemed really weird to me... I remember first walking into the Mansion, and I did get a strange sort of vibe from the place in general, but I really had no idea what to expect, or what was ahead of me...

(Of course, I did not get to come home a few months later... My dad got completely sucked into the whole Hyde mentality, and, despite my objections, I was forced to stay on for the school year. A few attempts at running away proved fruitless; I had nowhere else to go.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version