Author Topic: Animal droppings & Hi-yuh-yuh-Ville  (Read 7753 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Animal droppings & Hi-yuh-yuh-Ville
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 10:53:19 PM »
Quote from: ""java.gurl""
I saw The Meat Puppets for free also in NYC in April of 94. I had just turned 18 and went to see them a week later. They were mad cool and my friend Katie and I got their autographs.
They were doing a "Earth Day" concert on the "South Street Seaport" piers.

I forget what year it was that I saw The Meat Puppets.. but it was in this bar in SE Baltimore.. very small venue. I think it wasn't long after Huevos came out, whenever that was...great band!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Elan Reporter's Assistant

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »
I dig most of the music you referenced, Java Gurl, because that WAS true alternative or, at least, grunge.  It's only when they tried to expand the definition and make everything alternative, that they failed miserably.  I mean, a pioneering group like The Smiths or The Cure has NOTHING in common with Chumbawumba.  

And who the FUCK decided to take someone else's version of "How Soon is Now" for that "Charmed" show. They couldn't get licensing from Morrissey and Marr? Fucking cheap bastards. A group like The Smiths always gets the shaft in the U.S.

Chief Kruglik also blows little boys and Maine wildlife. I tried to book him, but I got a GM.
am Big Chief...Hi-yuh hi-yuh hi-yuh Hi-yuh hi-yuh hi-yuh Hi-yuh

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »
Quote from: ""Elan Reporter's Assistant""
I dig most of the music you referenced, Java Gurl, because that WAS true alternative or, at least, grunge.  It's only when they tried to expand the definition and make everything alternative, that they failed miserably.  I mean, a pioneering group like The Smiths or The Cure has NOTHING in common with Chumbawumba.  

And who the FUCK decided to take someone else's version of "How Soon is Now" for that "Charmed" show. They couldn't get licensing from Morrissey and Marr? Fucking cheap bastards. A group like The Smiths always gets the shaft in the U.S.

Chief Kruglik also blows little boys and Maine wildlife. I tried to book him, but I got a GM.

Yeah I wondered about the "Charmed" thing too. People actually believe the song is by the person singing it on the show!

Little do they know it is way over 10 years old.

They also played the song on that movie "The Craft".

The Smiths do get the shaft in the states as does The Cure. I guess the "scene" in the states that reps those bands is not big enough to carry them outside of Europe. Go figure.