Author Topic: Reparation (legal)  (Read 834 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Reparation (legal)
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:59:05 PM »
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

In the philosophy of justice, reparation is the idea that a just sentence ought to compensate the victim of a crime appropriately. Typical forms of reparation include monetary restitution — a payment from the offender to the victim. Reparation to society as a whole through community service projects are another form.

History

The principle of reparation dates back to Anglo-Saxon courts in England before the Norman conquest. Under the present day (as of 2006) English legal system, judges must consider making a compensation order as part of the sentence for a crime. Section 130 of the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000 requires the courts to explain their reasoning if they do not issue a compensation order.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Reparation (legal)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:07:32 AM »
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Reparation (legal)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 12:22:42 AM »
Makes perfect sense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Reparation (legal)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 12:37:25 AM »
Quote from: ""Wiki Article""
Typical forms of reparation include monetary restitution — a payment from the offender to the victim.

Quote from: ""TSW""
Given the finacial limitations supporting the scheme it is likely that the cash grant will roughly 100 to 200 dollars... restrict that pool of avaliable applicants to survivors..
Also my next question:

Should it be limited to Three Springs Survivors.

Quote from: ""Wiki Article""
]Reparation to society as a whole through community service projects are another form.

Quote from: ""TSW""
thanks for the ideas, but after a bit of thought i've decided just to make a donation to the red cross. I lost desire real desire for the project by about the 3rd or 4th page of this thread.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Reparation (legal)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:51:38 AM »
so if alex was correct it should be you adam who appologizes and starts teaching the class what is right...what you are getting paid to do -teach..not make children mindlessly agree with something that is not true....what kind of 'teacher' are you anyway....not the kind I'll have teaching my children...thats for sure.....authority shmority....I teach my children not to listen to someone just because they are an adult....hey kid i'll give you some candy and a new bicycle if you get in my car??????? Alex has a healthy sense of right and wrong and his rights and for them to be violated and not respected just cause some stupid teacher needs his authoritative ego stroked....unfortunately all to familiar...teachers cops...politicians...program directors...pedifiles...no just b/c you are an adult and have a title doesnt mean we will ever listen to you and the day will come when we will no longer be forced to either....Children have Rights

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Reparation (legal)
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »
Quote from: ""Liberated Honkey""

He reminds me of a boss I once had.  There isn't much you can do with those people but say "ok boss", do what he says, and when the shit hits the fan, smile. Just make sure you have documentation of what he told you to do so when he tries to blame it on you, you can say "but you told me to, and I warned you, and here's proof!" :rofl:

The kid did the right thing, and his reward is in the above piece of paper which proves what a complete idiot (and asshole) his teacher is.  I'd say it's worth the hour of detention.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)