Author Topic: dogs in need  (Read 969 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
dogs in need
« on: November 18, 2002, 10:59:00 PM »
Hi y'all.  I come to this board a lot to read and sometimes post.  I was in Straight-Springfield in the late 1980s.  Since leaving Straight, sometimes my dogs have been the only good thing in my life.

Can I ask people on this board to help four dogs in desperate need of help?  They are running loose here in Culpeper County, Virginia.  They have mange and live, shivering, under a car.  I found a shelter that might be able to help and take these dogs in, get them medical care and a place to live with shelter and regular food -- IF I can find money for these dogs' vet bills, which, since two of them, at least, have mange, could cost up to $3000.

I am hoping that other people on this board are animal lovers too.  If everyone just sent one to five dollars to the address below, and said in a note to the shelter that it was especially for the dogs in Culpeper County that Beth found, I think this would make a huge impression on them and they might start helping sooner than later.  This is an emergency situation because Animal Control is also trying to get these dogs and will only kill them.  They have already killed two other dogs that lived in the same yard.  

Please visit Friends of Homeless Animals at http://www.foha.org.  Please mail a contribution -- no matter how small, just to let them know people care -- to the address below.  Please tell them it is for the four dogs in Culpeper County that Beth found.  They are really wonderful people.  They have already taken in one other dog that I found that lived, night and day, on a short chain.

Friends of Homeless Animals
General Operating Fund
P.O. Box 2575
Merrifield, VA 22116-2575

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I know it is not the usual thing to do to post requests like this on this board, and might be considered "improper".  But hey, who else can I reach out to?  Where else can I reach so many people who understand about being left to suffer alone?

THANK YOU,
Beth P
Straight-Springfield
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
dogs in need
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 07:19:00 AM »
On our ranch we have 5 horses, maybe 20 dogs, 10 or so cats, so needless to say I love animals. I would recomend the humane society, they help out alot. Unfortunately, I am here in Florida, so it would be tough to get the dogs down here, although I do have compassion for you and your plight. God Bless you and keep up the good work, we need more people like you that have a heart. Everything will work out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
dogs in need
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 12:48:00 AM »
Hi Beth:

This is Jill from Friends of Homeless Animals. The four Culpepper County dogs are all safe and sound. We found a wonderful home for the little Jack Russell Terrier and a wonderful home for Oliver, a little Border Collie just this past Saturday. He was completely hairless when our volunteer, Wendy, camped out for several nights and pulled those poor kids out from under that car. His skin was so fragile that it bled at the slightest touch. He has peach fuzz now and is doing wonderfully. One of the four dogs was mom to a bunch of pups, too. Don't know how they survived living under that wreck of a car. But they did, thank God. Anyway, you can rest well knowing that your plea for help was heard. If you'd like to see photos of Oliver and the Culpepper "Kids" e-mail me at http://www.foha.org. And please tell folks to keep those donations coming. For more information on how to support FOHA's work, click on our "How You Can Help" page. For a really good read, check out some of our "Success Stories" pages. Keep some Kleenex handy, as these pages reflect some of our best work.

Jill
FOHA's Webmaster