Author Topic: HLA Becomes the First TBS Required to Be Licensed/Regulated  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: DATC
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest24""
Is the drug abuse center on the property that used to be Ridgecreek?  I heard after Ridgecreek was shut down in December the facility was slated to be used as some sort of "lock down" facility

Wasn't Mountain Brook Academy supposed to be a lock down facility?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Re: DATC
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 10:05:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Guest24""
Is the drug abuse center on the property that used to be Ridgecreek?  I heard after Ridgecreek was shut down in December the facility was slated to be used as some sort of "lock down" facility

Wasn't Mountain Brook Academy supposed to be a lock down facility?

Yeah, that was the lockdown...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ridgecreek
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 10:43:35 PM »
Yep... to the best of my knowledge, the last official class at Ridgecreek ended sometime in December.  Last I heard they were down to three instructors and one counselor;  the property was slated to be divided.  The boys dorm was slated to be fenced in and made a lock down facility and the admin/academic building and girls dorm were slated to be turned over to HLA as dorms and office space.  Of course, my direct source of knowledge is not so direct anymore as this person wised up and ran for the hills when all of this poo started hitting the rotating oscillator (aka fan).

Of course, given what Len is like, all of this could have changed in less than an hour after it was announced.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
HLA Becomes the First TBS Required to Be Licensed/Regulated
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »
That's curious, given they put out a press release on 11 Jan 07 stating that Jeff Holloway was taking over RC.
http://www.strugglingteens.com/artman/p ... 5588.shtml
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
They can put out a press release saying anything they want, doesn't mean that it is true...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 03:57:29 PM »
Anything is possible.  RC was always HLA's cash cow.  At around $12k per national enrolled with up to 12-15 kids per class, times 4 working teams, RC was bankrolling a lot of stuff for the combined HLA/RC.

I thought Buch was nuts to risk his cash cow; he was even nuttier to turn down the offer from an investor group to buy the RC property when things got really bad and everyone started jumping ship.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
rci
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:10 PM »
buch turned down any suggestions made by rc staff to make the program about the students as it was before, when MK was around, the program was never about the $ until now in the instructors eyes.  this guy is going for blood and he doesn't care about his employees at alllllll!!!  everything is $ driven and he made and is still making empty promises to the RC staff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 10:26:48 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
You do know that as a result of this HLA recently had 27 new enrollments.  This has increased the faith of consultants and families.  Turns out that what you people looked at being a negative for HLA has made them more money.

Quote from: ""Dysfunction Junction""
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Great news, what state is HLA in and will other facilities in that state have to be regulated?

HLA is in Georgia.  I expect that the licensing requirements will be rolled out to other 'TBS' or 'EG' facilities, but I believe we will need to bring specific details to ORS to get these facilities on the ORS radar.

Like I said, it's not time to sit back.  It's time to move forward with the new enforcement tools available.

What is critically important is that people need to know that these facilities, even the ones that are well-funded and connected, are not invulnerable.

The actions taken in regard to HLA can provide a template for anyone involved in activism/advocating to go after other facilities that are operating outside the law (which, near as I can tell, is all of them).

I will be speaking with media representatives this week to detail exactly how important this development is and will be drafting a new letter to Congressman George Miller expressing support for and hope for passage of the bill to End Institutional Child Abuse, which languished under the GOP-controlled congress for two years.  With proper public support, we can get this bill done and roll out federal regulation for programs to address states that refuse to regulate their 'teen help' industries.

Children are not commodities to be traded!

Okay, so where is ORS now?  Has anyone heard anything?  HLA was
boasting early in the new year that they would be licensed any day.  Also,
I guess Dr. Flatt at SACS, along with her entourage disappeared.