Announcements & Tech Support > Web forum hosting

Come quick, the Fornits are in trouble!

(1/3) > >>

Antigen:
Dear folks,
  As some of ya'll know, this forum is getting a whole lot of traffic. In addition to the forum, we offer a number of other free sites and pages. Of those, AnonAnon (http://fornits.com/anonanon/ or click on the link under the "Features" tab in the menu to the left) gets most of that extra traffic.

And we think some people are getting some benefit from thse sites (or they wouldn't keep reading and posting) But it's starting to cost us. Lately, it's been running up about $30/mo in extra bandwidth. This month, it's closer to $50.

At the same time, the entire economy has been pretty slow. Though we haven't lost any customers, they're just not buying up like they used to. So if you can spare $10 or $20, please think about Our Rates and Services and see if we can serve you.

If you have any other ideas, please let us know.  

Thanks,
The Fornits
Web pages are like babies -- creation involves a level of enthusiasm that does not necessarily carry over into maintenance.
--Joe Chew
--- End quote ---

Anonymity Anonymous

ehm:
Wow, okay, I'll send some soon. You rock Ginger.

Antigen:
::kiss::
Were the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. Thus in France the emetic was once forbidden as a medicine, and the potato as an article of food. Government is just as infallible,[sic] too, when it fixes systems in physics. Galileo was sent to the Inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere.... It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia
--- End quote ---

Anonymous:
you could start by tossing the Elan forum out...would be doing us all a favor. Its very unhealthy and quite disgusting.

Antigen:
... but I didn't exactly find your own post to the Elan forum to be particularly eloquent or inspiring.

Seriously, I can't go around picking and choosing which posts I like or which forums are worthwhile. If I did that, well then it wouldn't be an open forum, would it?

Nothing is denied to well-directed labor, and nothing is ever to be
attained without it.
--Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version