Author Topic: Sex occurs on campus  (Read 9838 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:17 PM »
HLA cannot keep kids from having romantic feelings for each other.  It's impossible.  They can, for the most part, keep them from acting on those feelings in a physical manner.  Now, if you are commenting on the quality of supervision at HLA, then I will agree with you that HLA often screwed up supervision of kids.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »
I agree about the romantic feelings - that's part of being a teenager. No one wants to see a kid leave there pregnant or with an STD. That's where the lack of supervision really is important and was/is severely lacking.

Kids got mixed signals from the staff as well. Some kids were allowed to have romantic feelings while others were punished for having romantic feelings.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
there was sex...lots of sex. but i dont see what the fuss is about, consensual sex between two people is OK, given that the age is appropriate. 14 and 18 is not ok, but say 16 with 17 or 15 with 16 is ok. you cant stop romantic feelings. and it's just our society that imposes superficial laws on sex. up untill the 20th century, and still to this day in most places other than the USA people start having sex in their early teens, and get married in their mid to late teens. it's completely natural, given that it's appropriate and not forced or coerced.

the issue really lies with sex education. kids need to be taught from an early age the importance of safe sex. they need to understand that if they fuck without a condom, they could get aids, and if they are not carefull, might have to deal with supporting a kid a little too early in life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
Again...Was it common knowledge among the students that a lot of students were having sex on a regular basis?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
teenage hormones
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »
There is no way that you can put boys and girls together at that age and them NOT be attracted to each other and find a way to get together. Should the staff have tried better to keep them apart? yes. But its going to happen. Kids are clever. Kids will pay off other kids to be lookouts. Kids will sneak around. Thats nothing new. Any relationship between staff and student should have resulted in immediate dismissal and if appropriate, criminal investigation. But, to make a big deal between the 17 yr old and the 15 yr old is silly. Thats a normal age difference. I was almost 17 when I started dating my first husband. He had just turned 23 that week when we met. We were together 10 years. There was nothing wrong with our relationship. I have a friend right now, whos daughter is 18. Is getting married in August to a man who is 24. Again, nothign wrong with this scenario. If the kid was 17 and the girl was 12 or 13...now thats slightly different. But 17 and 15 is no reason to try to press charges against the boy unless it was rape. Thats overreacting to normal teenage stuff.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 07:30:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Again...Was it common knowledge among the students that a lot of students were having sex on a regular basis?

Define regular.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »
I guess I would define regular in HLA terms to be, once every week. Sometimes more...

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »
When I was incarcerated at HLA, it occured probably once a month.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »
Yeah, sex happenes. That in and of itself isn't the problem, however. Parents should know the following:

STDs: As far as I know, HLA tells (or told) parents that students with STDs wouldn't be admitted. Yet, a child who was VERY sexually active WHILE at HLA was infected with Hep C.

OZ? : We know what happens with straight men while incarcerated in prisons... and it shouldn't shock anyone that that male on male sexual activity was the most present type of sexual activity on campus (after male on himself of course.) I don't think the staff knows how many gay and lesbian relationships actually go on there. So many girls and boys decide to become temporary bisexuals because of the restricted access to the opposite sex.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 09:43:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

whenever the staff found out, the entire student body would find out, and vice versa. in this case, something happened roughly once a month. But, sex did happen alot more often. if you find out about these events it's only becouse you're a lookout. alot of the time no one but the couple even knows. this is becouse at HLA, becouse of the fall-out system NO ONE could be trusted, and if you wanted to get away with something you dont tell ANYONE. the kids that brag get caught, the ones that dont brag about their escapades get keep having sex every day. observant kids usually figure it out, but to figure it out you had to be smart, and smart kids usually didnt narc.

the same thing occured in relation to drugs and "Fight clubs". kids smoked weed every day, got coke in on a regular basis, even got into the med room regularly. just staff never finds out becouse kids are smart. the dumb ones get caught. smart ones dont. some rooms in dorm B (while it still was a dorm) had nightly fight clubs. no punching above the  neck, no biting, fight stops when someone bleeds. staff never found out becouse the kids involved understood that the continuance of this activity solely relied of keeping their mouths shut.

what disturbs me though is that becouse of the lack of allowance of sex, no condoms are available to the kids.

one girl in my peer group had sex and was afraid of getting pregnant after she had unprotected sex twice at the peak of her monthly fertility without any protection, at HLA. she got sent to RCI WITHOUT a pregnancy test, and when she got back they told her if she is, that she will be forced to have an abortion by her parents, via school coercion. she wasnt pregnant, but if she was, and wanted to keep the baby, what then?

This is one of those times the overturning of Roe.vs.Wade would work against the conservatives.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 12:53:34 AM »
Let's see.....
Locked windows on dorms.
Walkie-talkie communication when someone is moving around campus alone.
Night watch.
Alarm system on doors.
The Promise that, while parents can't watch their kid 24/7, HLA can.....

And still nature prevails. Imagine.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Can't believe they haven't devised a system in which the kids wear ankle braclets. Their whereabouts flashing on a screen at all time which staff monitors.
Even then, I'd bet their raging hormones would propel them to find a way around that.

Could it be that many? most? staff believe the rules to be ridiculously unrealistic themselves, so turn the other way?

Why not sex ed? Zero tolerance has NEVER been effective and never will be. Why are HLA's techniques so antiquated? Why can't they get with current evidence-based methods? That's the very least they could do for the captive audience they have. Teach them something that's actually useful. But, I guess that requires genuine caring. How much authentic caring is there to be found in an institution?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2007, 02:53:09 AM »
yes where there is a will there is a way. here are a few examples, many people here may know what i'm talking about:

there are a number of blind spots in the cameras in the girls dorm. the south side of dorm B and north side of dorm A only have about 10 feet separation. in one instance, after the head counts before the alarm was turned on a room on the north side of dorm B distracted the night guards while a kid ran out the south side and was let in by a girl in dorm C a few feet away. they quickly "got it on" in the blind spot and ran back. no one found out for a few days untill the girl bragged about it and someone tattled.

The bathroom window in dorm B opens. or used to open, they probobly nailed it shut by now. kids would just crawl out and do their thing at night, weather it be shagging or smoking.

whenever lower left field was occupied by both sexes, (usually both on restrictions on far left, while either half of the student body did their thing on the soccer field/hill) kids found a way to do their thing. usually kids would ask to go to the bathroom or wander off from a work assignment at a prearanged time, and meet up in the woods or in the little bathroom/toolshed they had built down there.

the SAC was a very eventfull place to be also ;)

the most intriguing story i can remember is when a kid got a hand job in the lodge. they were sitting side by side on the couches, in plain view with 100 other kids packed around them. they both wore baggy sweatpants, and guy cut a hole in the inside of his pocket, where the girl stuck her hand. you can figure what happened there.....

oh about drugs....this has been happening since HLA opened and they still havnt caught on. there are a number of plants which may be grown inconspicuously which provide effects. personally i brought some seeds in to the school (shoes) and grew these plants on lower left, and reaped the harvest. morning glories were really popular, calamus root and valerian root was nice. there were also some hops here and there, but it was somewhat useless. i also grew jimson weed and datura for fun, and just in case i feel like giving my counselors a psychotic episode. i never took any of the jw or datura for obvious reasons, but i know one kid's curiosity really took hold. he decided to eat some and for the next week his eyes were completely dilated and he was acting like a maniac he got sent to RCI for his behavior which he did not remember or understand. but the morning glories = nice. to this day they provide me glory at home every fall.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »
Morning Glories were the big thing when I was there as well. They grew all over the place, kids would pick them and then boil them into a tea.

For some reason the staff never caught on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2007, 04:58:55 PM »
With all of this "fall-out" being given recently on this sight I am having trouble understanding posts in the past that said staff would ride you during fall out sessions until you made something up even if you didn't know anything.  It seems to me that you would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to have any fall out to write down.  

Whether or not you think fall out is a good idea, you have to admit that when kids said that they didn't know anything they were full of crap.  Can someone on here at least admit that? Even if you  think the whole concept of fall out is evil.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Sex occurs on campus
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »
When the punishment is identical for actually doing something or just knowing about it, why would they tell on themselves?  If you did something and I knew about it, I would be punished right with you after I snitched on you.  Why not just take my chances and say "I know nothing?"

The system CREATES liars.

Gotta love that snitch culture.

BTW, do you think these kids were sent to HLA because they are serial truth-tellers???
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control