Author Topic: ISABELLE ZEHNDER (CAICA) RE: IS FULL OF IT BLOG  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ISABELLE ZEHNDER (CAICA) RE: IS FULL OF IT BLOG
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:23:34 AM »
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
At closer look

I have researched the Blogs (mentioned below) and found they were created by someone claiming CAICA reported about a death before knowing what happened. CAICA provided information that is in the news, nothing more, nothing less. This was about the death of Caleb Jensen. I said I believe his death was due to medical negligence a spokeswoman for the Colorado Department of Human Services said Caleb "showed observable signs of staphylococcus infection that were neglected."

"We suspended their license yesterday," Liz McDonough of Alternative Youth Adventures said Thursday. "That obviously is very serious. And we took what we believe is appropriate action."

I have made it very clear I will continue to update CAICA with the news about Caleb - whether's it good or bad, in favor or against the program. I have nothing personally against the program if it's good. But if they neglected to seek medical attention for a boy who was obviously very sick, and it is proven this is true, then I will report that and hope the program will remain shut down. In time the truth will come out.

Posted by Isabelle Zehnder at 2:06 PM  

Labels: alternative youth adventues, caleb jensen, death, medical, negligence, wilderness program

CAICA is full of it

I am writing this short Blog in an attempt to right a wrong. After all, that's what CAICA and Isabelle Zehnder are all about - helping to right wrongs.

Someone created Blogs entitled: Truth about CAICA: CAICA is full of it, and Truth about CAICA: Best Intentions. Both were in an attempt to discredit CAICA and me. Interestingly both were deleted. However, descriptions of them linger on the Internet.

People forget what they post on the Internet can be traced back to them, and that Internet Defamation is just as bad as any other form of defamation. People are being held accountable for Internet Defamation as they are any other form of defamation. Recently Sue Scheff won an $11.3 M Jury award because she has been slandered and defamed on the Internet for years. The judge and jury wanted to send a strong message to peole who think it's quite alright to splatter their venemous and untrue thoughts on the Internet for the world to see. The message was, "you can't go around destroying lives on the Internet".

Laws are changing and we are seeing more jury awards in favor of people who have been slandered and defamed on the Internet - some are holding forum moderators accountable. It's only just begun, in my opinion, and I believe lawyers will soon be taking these cases on a contingency fee basis which will enable more people to file suit against those who defame them.

This time the wrong is against CAICA and against me, and I believe it is time I come forward and let people know what I believe is happening.

I have been a Child Advocate for years, people who know me trust me. They know I work hard and always have the children and family's best interest at heart.

It is no wonder people are working hard to discredit me and CAICA. If a person takes a moment to reflect what I as an advocate have done, and what CAICA as an organization has done, and continues to do, it is easy to understand why there are people who spend time trying to discredit us on the Internet.

All of my friends and colleagues believe I should be flattered that there are people out there who are spending so much of their time trying to discredit CAICA and me.

Why are they doing it? For one because CAICA is fighting a multi-billion dollar industry. Isabelle Zehnder and CAICA are not afraid to research the truth and then to expose the truth.

CAICA fights against all abuse to children who are out of their parents' control. This includes residential treatment centers, therapeutic boarding schools, wilderness programs, positive peer culture programs, behavior modification programs, Christian programs, and so on. This is a growing multi-billion dollar per year industry. Never before has there been such a comprehensive website on this topic.

This has created some anger, resentment, and some jealousy. There is no doubt people will work to discredit us. If you run across anything that just doesn't make sense, and that you feel is not in line with the CAICA you know, or with me, then just e-mail or call me and ask. Why allow people who have their own interest to put doubt into your minds about something that is good.

If people send you e-mails, as they have in the past, attempting to discredit us, please forward them to [email protected].

Posted by Isabelle Zehnder at 12:40 PM  

Labels: caica, coalition against institutionalized child abuse, parents and teens unite, positive family solutions, pure, sue scheff

--------------------

Personally, I find this rather interesting.  Isabelle Zehnder asking people who receive emails from others that may attempt to "discredit us " to forward these emails to her, her lawyers would be "grateful".

I can't speak for anyone but myself - but why not allow blog readers to post comments, emails, whatever on her blog and deal with any criticism in the open?

As for the apparently offensive blogs she is talking about, apparently they no longer exist.  Anybody see them before they were deleted? I'd be curious what they were about.

:question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 01:38:30 AM »
People against CAICA

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Best Intentions

Children who are having a tough time, either getting along with their family, trouble with the law, or trouble in school, running away, drugs etc. often find themselves in programs. These programs work to rehabilitate these kids. They serve an important need in our society. What is your opinion of these programs? What could change? What is positive about them?

Posted by Truth at 7:13 AM 0 comments  

CAICA is full of it

Coalition Against Instutional Chils Abuse (CAICA) is a company founded by Isabelle Zehnder. I'm sure she had the best intentions when starting this company. But now she is sensationalzing the death of children in treatment. She has unjustly connected a number of deaths to abuse, when it has NOT be proven so. She has also used this for profit company to coach parents about parenting. She is not an expert, she admitts on her website that she is a paralegal.

She is dragging programs that adjudicated youth or troubled youth attend through the mud. She gives them no merit, and is very quick to point fingers at the companies. Yet, she offeres no ideas for what to do with these struggeling youth. The system is not perfect. No one ever claimed it was. Accidents happen. It is horriable when a child dies. So, horriable. But not all of this links to institutional abuse.

Posted by Truth at 6:53 AM 0 comments  

Labels: CAICA, Child Abuse, Isabelle Zehnder

-----------------

This was cached in Google.

Sounds like a valid opinion pursuant to an issue of great public interest, to me.

Comments?  Opinions?  Last time I checked, this was still America.

:roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 01:52:20 AM »
Here's the catched profile for the blogger, Truth:

Truth

About Me

After a death at an insitution, Zehnder start publishing the story. Though VERY little is known, she started blaming medical negligence. This has yet to be proven. I got frustrated with the way she was reporting these cases, so I started this blog.

Does this have something to do with that Denver newspaper forum? If so, it should be noted that is a PUBLIC FORUM, people are going to have different thoughts and opinons.  Isn't that the purpose?  So what if people don't agree with Zehnder on this issue, or any issue?  Zehnder herself doesn't agree with everyone (if you don't believe me, just read all her blogs, LOL).  We live in a democracy, not a totaltarian state.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 02:46:15 AM »
Obviously, when a child dies in the care of a program, there needs to be a full investigation.

Maia Szlavitz also wrote a blog on the death of Caleb Jensen that IMO, reflects her skill as a journalist and an advocate.  She attacks the "issues" and when challenged by comments on her blog, she doesn't lose her cool nor take criticism personally.  Perhaps this is why she is so widely respected both as a blogger, a researcher, writer, etc.  

If you visit her website Help At Any Cost it is very clear where Maia stands on the troubled Teen industry.  Neither PURE nor CAICA are listed on her resources page.  You'd have to ask her why.

Blog: Another Child Dead: When Will We Wake Up to Tough Love's Toll?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maia-szal ... 48540.html

Website

http://www.helpatanycost.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 03:07:08 AM »
CAICA'S BLOGS

Please visit our Blogs and leave your comments ...  what you have to say today may help someone tomorrow.

http://isabellenzehnder.blogspot.com/

http://caicafundraiser.blogspot.com/

Question: How can one help someone by "leaving a comment" if no comments are allowed?  

Where's the comment section?

:question:  :question:  :question:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 10:11:53 AM »
If people send you e-mails, as they have in the past, attempting to discredit us, please forward them to [email protected].

Why does she not give the contact information for her attorney?  I would think their (who ever she is refering to in her "Our" lawyers would be grateful) would rather the info come from the source.  Instead she gives the contact information for CAICA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 07:46:36 PM »
When Isabelle Zehnder was confronted about her postings on the Denver forum about the death of this Caleb child; Isabelle Zehnder updated her Whitmore Academy blog; and she included a newspaper article that disclosed the name of the parent that Isabelle Zehnder and Sue Scheff have been bashing in these Whitmore blogs.

It appears that Zehnder must think that her lengthy disclaimer allows her to post/publish whatever she chooses without regard to the truthfulness of her writings.