Author Topic: Ewwww!!!  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« on: June 09, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
So I have an american houseguest who described in detail "purtiy balls" where fathers take their pubescent daughters to some kind of prom like event where the girl gets a ring and signs something claiming she will not have sex until marriage. The dad then passes the ring to the husband. Partially  because this sounded a little talibanesque, and partially because the thought of discussing your sexuality with your dad is too gross this houseguest was accused of having a lend of a gullible audience. Turns out it was not made up. i had heard of such balls but did not know they went this far. Apparently they do. Many people lost the bet with this houseguest when she proffered the proof on the internet:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/funda ... nd214.html

::puke::

What are peoples thoughts on this creepy fad
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Big Balls
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
Wow, how puritanically weird...

Brings to mind that old song "Big Balls" by AC/DC...   :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 11:15:59 AM »
This is absolutely sick.  Are these young women, and girls, mere chattel more or less owned by the personal whims of their fathers?  Whatever happened to educating our children how to be kind, loving, and respectful human beings first and foremost?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Fire Swamp

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:28:41 AM »
Freedom and independence are as essential as the air we breathe!

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
I actually caught this on TV a few weeks back.  It was most WEIRD!!  I remember thinking that most adolescent girls would be very uncomfortable with the idea of daddy knowing about her sexuality or lack thereof.

Most of the girls appeared to like the idea that daddy was her knight in shining armor so to speak.  That he was the protector of her virginity.  

I am all for dads being a very integral part of their daughters lives.  Studies show that girls who have warm healthy relationships with their dads tend to be less promiscuous and more fulfilled in their relationships once they are of age.  I am all for abstinence before marriage too.  But, this was so over the top ... I almost got the feeling of incestuousness.

It was creepy.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »
Fundie religions always attract the creeps who want to use it as an excuse for control and deviant sexual behavior.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
I figured it would be for teens...

The man’s date? His 25-year-old daughter. Welcome to Colorado Springs’ Seventh Annual Father-Daughter Purity Ball, held at the five-star Broadmoor Hotel. The event’s purpose is, in part, to celebrate dad-daughter bonding, but the main agenda is for fathers to vow to protect the girls’ chastity until they marry and for the daughters to promise to stay pure.

Randy Wilson’s 19-year-old, Khrystian, is typical: She works at her church, spends most weekends at home with her family and has never danced with a male other than her father or brother. Emily Smith, an 18-year-old I meet, says that even kissing is out for her. “I made a promise to myself when I was younger,” she says, “to save my first kiss for my wedding day.”

“This evening is more about spending time with her than her purity at this point,” says one seven-year-old’s dad, a trifle sheepishly. The event is seemingly innocent—not once do I hear “sex” or “virgin” cross anyone’s lips. Still, every one of the girls here, even the four-year-old, will sign that purity covenant.

SEVEN? FOUR? Sign a purity agreement? Do they even know what sex is?
Apparently not.

When I ask Hannah Smith, 15, what purity means to her, she answers, “I actually don’t know.” Her older sister Emily jumps in: “Purity, it means…I don’t know how to explain it. It is important to us that we promise to ourselves and to our fathers and to God that we promise to stay pure until…. It is hard to explain.”
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 12:00:24 AM »
Are these the balls that the Travelers' hold? Because it sounds almost identical to them, with the exception that the girls in the clan actually get married off at around 12 to an adult.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 12:30:37 AM »
Nope, these are just regular fundie girls...like Jessica Simpson. I don't know if her father brought her to a ball, but he did give her a purity ring in return for a urity pledge... when she was young. This is public knowledge.

Ick.

Its as if these guys are saying that their daughters' worth and character resides in their intact hymen. Ick.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »
no castel it actaully looks a lot more mainstream and suburban than that. Here is the link I was initially shown

http://www.generationsoflight.com/gener ... index.html
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Nope, these are just regular fundie girls...like Jessica Simpson. I don't know if her father brought her to a ball, but he did give her a purity ring in return for a (p)urity pledge... when she was young. This is public knowledge.

Ick.

Its as if these guys are saying that their daughters' worth and character resides in their intact hymen. Ick.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with encouraging girls to remain wary of the wiles of drooling males who are looking for an easy poke, but that's going a bit too far..

Next..  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 01:36:53 AM »
Just what place do the daughters of single mothers have in all this?  They have no father in shining armor to take his place as the protector of his daughter's virginity and defender of her reputation.  Just what does this say about the dichotomization of our society that, once again, single parents are of a lesser class?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 07:10:43 AM »
Oh one of the websites mentions that brothers or uncles & stepdads are alllowed to play big daddy if there is no literal father.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:26 PM »
I wouldnt be shocked in the slightest at the ratio of girls involved in these scenarios that get nightly "bonding" visits from their fathers or brothers or uncles.

Not shocked at all.  In fact, not that I could ever prove it...but I bet the ratio is higher in these circles than in most.  Id bet my right tit on in.  

Its just like everything else...when people need to make a gaudy show of their moral character...its almost certainly because in private they lack it the most.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ewwww!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
It would really suck to lose your right tit. You'd look like that Dutch ultimate fighter, Tra Whatshisname. You know, the one who lost his right tit.