Author Topic: nobody wants to talk about this shit.  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
nobody wants to talk about this shit.
« on: June 05, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »
it's not like all of them thought the program was cool, they just don't want to talk about it i have realized. how come we are different and want to talk about it? how come there are only a few dozen survviors actively posting on this site at any given time? whats the deal with that?  sometimes i wish there was more action and discussion, other times i can't stand talking about it.

this is the 1000th topic in the Open forum... that's worthy of this setnece at last.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Goobyjow

• View Profile
nature
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 04:49:13 AM »
I think it's because most people at the school just 'followed' to make it easy for themselves. I am positive that is what they still do. I was punished like nobody's business there (RMA, CEDU) and still behave like that. I have learned to be more careful and subtle yet I cannot conceal my nature. I wouldn't trade it for anything:)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:24:29 AM »
Because one size does not fit all, and the nature of the program is an anathema to certain of us...  Perhaps some make it through relatively unscathed, by virtue of their personalities just being a better fit.  Or perhaps there is a great deal of Kool-Aide drinking going on.  More likely both.

Just how healthy is it though, ultimately, for either sort, if some are so singled out and damaged?  If you had a brother who was singled out by your parents for disciplinary purposes to an unreasonable and unfair degree, and yet you were not, just what kind of take-home message would both of you grow up with to venture out into the world?  Not too realistic, and not too constructive would be my humble underestimation.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 08:02:32 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Just how healthy is it though, ultimately, for either sort, if some are so singled out and damaged?

Are you referring to then, or now?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 11:48:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
Just how healthy is it though, ultimately, for either sort, if some are so singled out and damaged?
Are you referring to then, or now?

Both, really.  I am of the mind that if something is toxic for one, eventually it will be toxic for all, in some fashion or another.  An abusive relationship is, ultimately, very bad for both the abused and the abuser, and also the bystanders seemingly unscathed.  

How can you really have a positive concept of yourself, any self-respect, knowing that you participated in damaging someone else, or at the very least watched, and not do something to try to make things right?  At some point, if you have any decency and/or soul-preservation incentive at all, you will want to shit rather than get off the pot.

Just my musing rumblings, I guess...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
How can you really have a positive concept of yourself, any self-respect, knowing that you participated in damaging someone else, or at the very least watched, and not do something to try to make things right?  At some point, if you have any decency and/or soul-preservation incentive at all, you will want to shit rather than get off the pot.

Well a lotta ppl say that the brainwashing caused them to do some fucked up things; that reasoning can only be stretched to a point though...

Not sure what you're trying to say there w/ the "shit or get off the pot" thing; I love pot! :P

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 01:33:54 PM »
Well a lotta ppl say that the brainwashing caused them to do some fucked up things; that reasoning can only be stretched to a point though...

Not sure what you're trying to say there w/ the "shit or get off the pot" thing; I love pot! :P

:rofl:  :rofl:
I was making a play on words, or rather, the particular commonly used phrase "either shit or get off the pot," which is commonly understood to mean something along the lines of "stop with the hemming and hawing, stop with the indecision... take some action here, one way or the other."  The pot in this case is not foliage in form, but ceramic, usually white, and located in your bathroom.  That is, in simpler language: either poop or get the hell off the toilet, some of us pretty damn well have to got to go!

I twisted the original phrase a bit to make my point.  "At some point, if you have any decency and/or soul-preservation incentive at all, you will want to shit rather than get off the pot."  It was my intention to say:  at some point, if you have any decency and/or soul-preservation incentive at all, you will want to get involved in some action (whether thought or deed) rather than pick up your business to stand on the sidelines again.

Sorry if I was less than clear.  I'm probably often less than clear!   :lol:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 01:40:18 PM »

I was making a play on words, or rather, the particular commonly used phrase "either shit or get off the pot," which is commonly understood to mean something along the lines of "stop with the hemming and hawing, stop with the indecision... take some action here, one way or the other."  The pot in this case is not foliage in form, but ceramic, usually white, and located in your bathroom.  That is, in simpler language: either poop or get the hell off the toilet, some of us pretty damn well have to got to go!

I twisted the original phrase a bit to make my point.  "At some point, if you have any decency and/or soul-preservation incentive at all, you will want to shit rather than get off the pot."  It was my intention to say:  at some point, if you have any decency and/or soul-preservation incentive at all, you will want to get involved in some action (whether thought or deed) rather than pick up your business to stand on the sidelines again.

Sorry if I was less than clear.  I'm probably often less than clear!   :lol:

I was already familiar with the colloquialism, thanks...sheesh..lol...

But thanks for explaining how you were using it though, as this was the thing that wasn't clear to me...

My way of "shitting" these days is to come up with a flyer to hand out to those fucking DARE people. ::seg::

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
"Shitting" is good.  Having a fully functional "gastrointestinal tract" helps keep the psyche whole, or at the very least, helps to heal the damage already done.   ::seg::  ::seg::

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 04:22:35 PM »
Yes, it keeps you healthy... maybe we should discuss the benefits of a good colon cleanse?   :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 04:45:28 PM »
Yousa, my favorite!  Poop jokes and fart jokes, equal opportunity humor!!  Tasteless and offensive to all!  Yeh!

While we're on the subject, how about some banter about liver cleanses?  MMMmmm...  Gotta love getting rid of those offending cholesterol clods!

Flush!  Flush!  Flush a-way, my friends!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »
I was driving home from a bowling alley with a friend of mine, and all of a sudden she screams for me to pull over and find a restroom, there is no delaying this monster!!!!
It was late and the only place that looked open was a burger king so we pulled up bu they were closed so she just took a shit right next to the car in front of the burger king and boy did we laugh...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
Well!!  That must have been a good morning surprise the next day, eh?   :lol: