Poll

Does Fornits have a positive or negative effect on your life

positive
4 (50%)
negative
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closes: November 10, 2044, 06:51:20 AM

Author Topic: Does Fornits have a positive or negative effect on your life  (Read 3195 times)

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Does Fornits have a positive or negative effect on your life
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:04 AM »
Don't kid yourself Lea, I was a teenager posting in the CEDU forum (well, I turned 20 in 2005), and I am confident that I was one of the more respectful and thought-provoking posters in there. All the "old school" CEDU alum were calling for degrees of reform that had already been implemented, so it was pretty important to have a few thoughtful, more recent graduates in there to reflect on what progress, if any, had been made.

And as far as the bashing that took place, yea I'll admit that a lot of it was fueled by some of the younger posters. Some of it got so tiring that even I said enough and stopped posting on fornits altogether for almost 2 years. But I distinctly remember the most hateful, ridiculous, thought-hindering poster to be Anne Hall, a program PARENT. I personally know a number of students my age that were doing their best to contribute to the CEDU forum, so let's not blanket us as overrunning the forum with our bullshit. In reality, it was the same couple of kids engaging in sockpuppetry to make it seem as if they were overrunning the forum. And the "adults" in the forum gave into it and spewed hatred right back at them, perpetuating it all.

Anyways, I'm glad the haters, young and old, have lost interest in flaming and the CEDU forum has returned to "normal".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Re: Does Fornits have a positive or negative effect on your
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »
It is not the site itself which creates a positive or negative effect, rather, it is how we respond to the often sudden, flood of memories of our own experiences that dictate the effect.  Admittedly, my own initial reaction was highly negative, although expunging those memories here was quite cathartic.  On the heels of that initial reaction, I made a full fledged effort to turn the tide, to make some kind of a difference with a positive goal; I hope that I helped a few people.  I do feel that the effect, as a whole, was negative, due to the obsession inspired in reaction to the experiences of myself and others, although there were some bright, positive moments when I felt as if I had helped a few people because of those experiences.

Am I so much more stable and mentally/emotionally whole since I stopped haunting Fornits regularly?  Nope, but I'm a little less obsessed and a little less angry.  I miss some of the friends I made here too.  I also discovered that I'm not as open and accepting as I thought I was.  I was highly disappointed in myself.  An apology is due and I don't know how to express it, but there it is, for what little it's worth.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Does Fornits have a positive or negative effect on your
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
Yes and no