Author Topic: Latest email to parents of HLA students  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
College Kids
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 01:48:07 PM »
ok- if there are college kids working at HLA, please provide a link from their faculty/staff web page:

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/FacultyStaff.aspx

...none of these people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Latest email to parents of HLA students
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 02:02:36 PM »
How I love shaming HLA puppets in the morning.

HLA is probably one of the higher paying organizations in the area.

Really? Was that before or after the massive pay cuts? What about the fact that a good number of the hla staff dont actually live in the immediate area?

Also, some of these college students who are employed by HLA fail to interact with the students in a professional manner due to the closeness in age to the older students at the school which is grounds for termination.

:idea:

Please tell us more about this. Are you now acknowledging that Danny Pervel type situations do in fact occur?

you got me wrong. college kids do work at hla. they just comprimise a very small minority of the staff, most of them are asistant counselors. and they are not exactly your average college kids. these are North Georgia students, most of them graduate students. for those of you who dont know....north georgia is a millitary school. this changes things a bit too, considering how hardcore milltitary that school is.

Well truth be told there are no assistiant counselors at HLA. There are recreation counselors who do the job assistiant counselors used to do. They had to stop refering to them as AC's since none of them were actual licensed counselors yet they still sat in on counseling sessions. I wonder if that's actually legal? No matter legal issues are unimportant and I should really just stop manipulating.

Onward then.

Let's take a quick look at the current listing of recreation counselors. No word on how many of those listed still actually work at HLA, but we'll use what we have.

Trey Brown
Recreation Counselor

B.S. Studio Art, Barton College, Wilson, N.C

Gabriel Jackson
Recreation Counselor

B.A. Philosophy, Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC

James Jallah
Recreation Counselor

B.S., Business Management B.A., Human Services/Social Work, LaGrange College, LaGrange, GA

Lisa Montgomery
Recreation Counselor

B.A., Psychology, B.A., Sociology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, N.B.

Travis Simpson
Recreation Counselor

B.A. Psychology, La Grange College, La Grange, Georgia

Andrea Smeltzer
Recreation Counselor

B.A. Psychology/Social Work, LaGrange College, LaGrange, Georgia

Allison Zales
Recreation Counselor

BS, Sociology, State University of New York, Geneseo, N.Y.

And there we have it. No college students currently onboard. Maybe the reason there's such a high rate of turnover is due to the fact that in the last year the HLA employees have seen their hours go up, while their pay went down. They've seen their respondsibilities increase, while their benefits decreased. Maybe some people don't like being treated in such a manner and they inevitably go off and find something better. Maybe some employees dont like being berated for obeying the law, and maybe some employees dont like seeing the kinds of things go on there continue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: College Kids
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest One""
ok- if there are college kids working at HLA, please provide a link from their faculty/staff web page:

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/FacultyStaff.aspx

...none of these people.

I do not see the names of the North Georgia Students that were there
as assistant counselors a year ago or more.  My child felt safe with one of them, and told me that  the young woman was was putting her way through school doing this.  I met her and she confirmed such and she was
a fine person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: College Kids
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »
College kids were expendable when the cut backs started.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 02:42:10 PM »
So where are they now? There dont appear to be any college students listed on staff currently? This would seemingly shoot your theory concerning high turnover to hell correct?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
So where are they now? There dont appear to be any college students listed on staff currently? This would seemingly shoot your theory concerning high turnover to hell correct?

Yes.. Plus remember ORS came in.. The kids were not licensed..HLA has/had no choice but to clean up their act to get licensed..
Speaking of which, what is happening with that?  Last April HLA was saying that they expected ORS to license them any day...??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »
my bad...i was basing my remarks on my time spent there, 02'-04'. there were in fact a few north georgia students working there at the time. jason howard, was one...rob hyde i belive attended then tried to become dill instructor(?). a few others...a guy named jose, some other black guy....my memory is alittle fuzzy. also, many of those recreaction counselors who already have B.A's and B.S's are most likely attending NG as graduate students.  

regardgless of if there are college students or not, HLA is screwed and there not going to recover.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 03:38:26 PM »
Most of the staff at Hidden Lake Academy are students at NGCSU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Geor ... University

Community Counseling Practicum and Internship Information
Hidden Lake Academy – Dahlonega
http://apache.ngcsu.edu/Academic/Arts_L ... info.shtml
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 03:40:22 PM »
many of those recreaction counselors who already have B.A's and B.S's are most likely attending NG as graduate students.

and you're basing this on? Have you ever actually been to college? Do you know what it is grad students do?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »
many of those recreaction counselors who already have B.A's and B.S's are most likely attending NG as graduate students.

and you're basing this on? Have you ever actually been to college? Do you know what it is grad students do?

well you obviously have not been to one. what? you think all grad students do research or internships? robert, you've been proven an idiot more than once on this site. i dont see why you insist on continuing.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

well you obviously have not been to one. what? you think all grad students do research or internships? robert, you've been proven an idiot more than once on this site. i dont see why you insist on continuing.

"you're basing this on" was most likely referring to "most likely attending"... Nice attention to detail there.

Edit: Idiot !
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)