Poll

Will you miss Cindy?

Yes
1 (6.7%)
No
14 (93.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closes: October 30, 2044, 05:25:46 PM

Author Topic: Goodbye to Who  (Read 8543 times)

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 06:29:24 AM »
Not sure what I think about all of this just yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 07:47:57 AM »
This moron has been spamming and flooding for two years.  I definitely had enough.  Also, he has been attributing his nasty, callous and thoughtless comments to other posters by editing the heading.  Seriously, the idea the RB would degrade a sexual abuse victim is laughable, but when TheWho tries to smear him by putting RB's name on TheWho's own posts while simultaneously accusing mods and admin of doing it, that's where the line needs to be drawn.

I feel "say what you want, own what you say" applies here.

This is not to mention that I do fully believe that TheWho was making money off parents coming here to seek information; roping them in and getting referral fees.  If he wasn't getting paid for what he was doing here, then he's much, much sicker than I first estimated...

Besides, in two weeks' time, TheWho and ST both went down.  I consider that a pretty good couple of weeks!  Watching Lon take down one of his bread-and-butter referral mechanisms due to anti-propaganda posters from Fornits was priceless.  We turned a referral machine into a liability with clear, concise and factual dialogue and he didn't like it so he took his ball and went home.  This speaks volumes about his true purpose.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Cindy consistently claimed that he was merely providing a "differing opinion" on the issues, and that this somehow brought credibility to fornits.

Ginger has always been adament about allowing those differing opinions onto Fornits, even if she disagreed with them. This is what set fornits apart from other forums like ST or the HLA board.

Cindy however abused that privledge. He used fornits as a referal service for himself, and whatsmore he worked tirelessly to prevent any persons seeking real information about this industry from learning the truth. He was never interested in a real discussion, he just wanted to bury the truth under his garbage.

His banning was along time in coming but I think well deserved.

The only real loss is who are we now going to point to as those who seek to control prospective parents children?

Oh and the song reference was done on purpose. I hope all enjoy.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »
First of all The Who was banned for flooding. Not for trolling, not for lying, and not for derailling threads. I'm finding it a bit amusing that people are attempting to justify his ban based on incidents that apparently had no influence as to the decision for his ban.

Some of you are getting dangerously close to putting words into Ginger's mouth.  I for one would like to hear from Ginger the exact sequence of events that lead up to her decision to ban.

Ginger if you could take a few moments to elaborate on the decision making process I'd be grateful. Given the hosting costs of Fornits I already have a feeling I know what lead to the ban, but I'd like to hear it from yourself.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
And RB drop the hero act because if anything you only encouraged the Who's bullshit.
am the metal pig.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »
Highlighted and exposed is a better way of putting it.

I agree though about the actual cause of his banning. I was simply commenting on the free speech aspect and why Cindy deserves what he got.

So far as I know his being banned came directly from his spamming. Something he agreed not to do when registering as a user here.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Hey, thanks much for that, Castle... sucked me back to many bittersweet memories...

Now, I'm actually glad my parents never let me listen to the radio growing up (80s)...  There is so much crap music I missed.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »
What? Youre crazy the 80's rocked. It was like the 60's, only 20 years later.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
You guys are going to turn on each other now that you have no common enemy.

It's your nature.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »
Doubtful. Cindy wasn't an enemy, he was just a troll. Besides we didn't fight amongst each other before he arrived, why would we now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »
Awesome post Robert and thank you for shedding some more light on TheWho's infantile behavior. Not that we really have needed anymore notice of his purile antics, but it does help to know that there is more of a history in this affair than some of us suspected.

Hopefully TheWho will have taken away from this the beginnings of what it will take for him to grow and into a responsible mature old man with a greater sense of civic responsibility. At the very least he will learn to be a bit more respectful and in control of his irrational behaviors.

Can he do this?

Only time will tell.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 02:46:16 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
All I have to say is, if you manage to get yourself banned from fornits.... then... wow... holy shit. You must have seriously fucked up.

Every time I read the topic title of this thread that ridiculous Scandal song goes through my head "Goodbye to You"

Except in my mind it goes "Goodbye to Whoo--oo-ooo... goodbye to Who."

Stupid 80s

::rocker::
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 04:34:29 PM »
The music was definitely more optimistic and bright... it will make a comeback in fifty years, watch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 04:45:45 PM »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Goodbye to Who
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Hey, thanks much for that, Castle... sucked me back to many bittersweet memories...

Now, I'm actually glad my parents never let me listen to the radio growing up (80s)...  There is so much crap music I missed.

What was the issue with the radio?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen