Author Topic: RE: HLA ON FIRE?!  (Read 32014 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RE: HLA ON FIRE?!
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2007, 04:45:49 PM »
Quote from: ""happyday7""
Thank God is right that the fire did not spread to the dorms since they are a fire trap with only a few ways out of there. My child told me that no alarms were heard on campus at all...and they never had a fire drill the entire time that my child has been at HLA.

Then please contact the FIre Safety  Comimssion State of Georgia
and let them know there were no alarms and no drills.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2007, 04:46:41 PM »
To my knowledge theyve never had them. They certainlly didnt when I was there.

Susie what are your thoughts on this issue?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2007, 04:49:38 PM »
Again, word on the street has it that Bucci let the insurance lapse on purpose and that there was no "property insurance".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
To my knowledge theyve never had them. They certainlly didnt when I was there.

Susie what are your thoughts on this issue?

I was informed by a former staff that they have had 2 in  12 years
at the most.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »
Sounds like a solid safety record to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2007, 05:08:51 PM »
Quote from: ""happyday7""
Thank God is right that the fire did not spread to the dorms since they are a fire trap with only a few ways out of there. My child told me that no alarms were heard on campus at all...and they never had a fire drill the entire time that my child has been at HLA.

Listen lady, with all the shit that goes down at that place, that fire should be the least of your worries.  Take your child out now before its too late and he or she turns out the way alot of the fine products of HLA did (like me).  Now I'm not looking for a god damn pity party, I'm just simply saying that I will never forgive my parents for sending me there. Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all, "oh!, but they care about you and love you and thats why they did it!"  Well then I think all you parents out there should ask yourself this, did you send your kid there because you love them? or did you send them there because you had the money to and didn't want to deal with the shit that was going on in there lives?  Well for the majority of you, it's probably the second one, but for the parents that did send your kids there because you truly did care, nevermind...most of the parents who are reading this probably don't really care about what I have to say, so why waste my time?  Again, not looking for a pity party or a therapy session, but that school TRULY messed up my life.  There's not one day that goes by where I don't have dreams..no, nightmares about the shit that went on at that place, and theres not one day that goes by where I don't think about my friend P.K. who died a prisoner in that place.  Please, parents, I urge you to pull your kids out of that hell hole, I would never wish even my worst enemy to have to go through what i went through in that horrid year of my life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hmmm
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2007, 05:10:56 PM »
If thats true that there was no current property insurance, then arson would be a strange thing to do. Just a thought. Maybe it was an accidental fire like a computer overheating? What was in the room that caught fire? Were there computers or any sort of wiring like the fuse box maybe? I can't place which room they were referring to in an earlier post as the one that the fire started in.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »
Thats because you never spent any time around the actual school remember?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »
to my knowledge there is NOTHING in the Academic building which could cause a fire....exept maybe bad wiring. there is nothing in the science lab which is flammable or can explode/overheat etc. they had the little thingys with methane for the bunson burners, but they were never used. i was in andy C's classes the entire time i was there and we never used them - i think they didnt have authorization or money to supply the gas. it had to have been arson.

i'm thinking maybe this was planned for a long time - heavy-duty firewall between the old and new buildings is evidence. how often are firwalls built between ajoined buildings / annexes?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wrong Robert
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »
Robert Bill's office was in that academic building remember? It was to the left of the entrance that was right next to the old admin building. I was in there almost every day during the week delivering the mail to him from the post office in the mornings after dropping the kids off at school. A few years later, his office moved to the gym building. I saw that building being built to some extent, but it was finished by the time we moved on campus in 1997. I was familiar with that building at least on that end of it. I don't however, know what was in the other rooms. The only thing I remember for sure was there were dorm rooms on the basement level at one time, and there was a library in that building on the top floor along with classrooms, and 2 or 3 other offices for staff. But specific rooms and their purpose that I don't remember.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Building
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
Downstairs
Spanish, art, math, social studies, history, closet, storage room.

Upstairs
Computer room, english, special education, computer lab, science, more social studies, registrar, math, couple of admin offices.

that reminds me...the lack of computer problem just compounded...another problem that won't be fixed anytime soon.

..ohh and the poor fish in the upstairs math room.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2007, 07:44:21 AM »
The news reports say that the fire destroyed the academic building valued at $1.5 Million dollars - how in the world did they come up with that value? There's no way that structure and its contents could be valued at $1.5 M. Is that what is was insured for or is that for all of the buildings?

Here's another question: Bucci writes a letter to the judge telling him to dismiss the lawsuit or he'll be forced to close the school. Yet Mike Smith is out there telling the press that they're going to move classes to another building and it's business as usual - so a fire that supposedly caused $1.5 M in damage doesn't shut the school down, but a pending lawsuit will force the school to close: Which is it? Chuck, do you care to respond? Oh, that's right - you bailed out just in time....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »
Link to the story in Access North Georiga:

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/ ... ?ID=114534

Mike Smith Director of Operation for the school said they have space to relocate the classrooms. Smith said students were scheduled to be off next week and they will use that time to set up the classroom areas. Classes at the school are held year round.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »
Wanna bet that Bucci is about to make a move to the Cayman Islands and take all the hidden HLA money with him(if its not already there).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2007, 08:36:52 AM »
Listen lady, with all the shit that goes down at that place, that fire should be the least of your worries. Take your child out now before its too late and he or she turns out the way alot of the fine products of HLA did (like me). Now I'm not looking for a god damn pity party, I'm just simply saying that I will never forgive my parents for sending me there. Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all, "oh!, but they care about you and love you and thats why they did it!" Well then I think all you parents out there should ask yourself this, did you send your kid there because you love them? or did you send them there because you had the money to and didn't want to deal with the shit that was going on in there lives? Well for the majority of you, it's probably the second one, but for the parents that did send your kids there because you truly did care, nevermind...most of the parents who are reading this probably don't really care about what I have to say, so why waste my time? Again, not looking for a pity party or a therapy session, but that school TRULY messed up my life. There's not one day that goes by where I don't have dreams..no, nightmares about the shit that went on at that place, and theres not one day that goes by where I don't think about my friend P.K. who died a prisoner in that place. Please, parents, I urge you to pull your kids out of that hell hole, I would never wish even my worst enemy to have to go through what i went through in that horrid year of my life.

Hey Guest2007, you are full of shit!!!  It's funny cause P.K. graduated and went home.  Yet you are projecting that he died at the school.  Get your facts straight idiot!