Author Topic: Endless days  (Read 1191 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Endless days
« on: May 09, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »
One thing I used to do to kill time is hunt for garage sales.  You meet all kinds of people and you would be surprised at the bargains that can be found out there.  If you really want to go nuts with it, you can buy up cool stuff from other people's garage sales, and then host one of your own.  I had a neighbor who used to give me money to buy crap just so he could turn it into art decco and sell at a higher profit.  He would take old style furniture and paint wild designs on it, or that granite texture paint and make enough to cover his rent.  He even used "gimmicks" like going to Albertson's early in the morning and buying day old donuts and putting up a sign saying 'Yard Sale, free donuts & coffee' and he would just clean up!  As far as jobs go, almost any restaurant or fast food joint needs morning help.  The pay is better than days, and you don't have to put up with as much crap because they don't want you to quit on them.  Another thing is van drivers for before and after daycare programs and summer programs.  A lot of these places offer door to door service.  You pick a bunch of kids up at their houses and bring them in, then take them home in the afternoon.  In the summer you take them to parks, museums, ball games waterparks, etc, and you get in for free.  I did it for 2 years and it was'nt all that bad, then Clinton got elected and I started eating better!!      take it easy, Bob
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
Endless days
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »
Hi,

I know what you are going through, I have gone through the same thing, Back in Sept. my youngest went to first grade and was gone all day and I went into the same kind of thing It even went to the weekend when they were home I had to force myself to go places I felt like a hermit.  One day I just could not take it so I went and started to volunteer at a place that got Christmas presents, school supplies etc for the working poor kids in our area. It made me feel useful and alive and like I had a purpose in life I always felt like the kids mom Jims wife but when I did that it made me feel good about myself.  Unfortunatly my days got to busy after christmas my 91 year old grandma has come to live with me and she is bedridden with dementia and requires 24 hour care. Now she has been in the hospital and subacute care for a bout 3 weeks and I feel myself slipping back int the sleeping alot stuff again but she is finally coming home again at the end of the week!

I do not know if that is any help but it helped me... and there are many volunteering needs out their from visiting the elderly to helping at the spca to holding babies at the hostpital. I do not know the web address but there is a onlne service called volunteer match that can help people find the things they would enjoy most.

Diane

[ This Message was edited by: Diane B on 2003-05-09 09:57 ]

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Endless days
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 03:21:00 PM »
:smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Endless days