Author Topic: Struggling Teens Forum Closed Down  (Read 12023 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Struggling Teens Forum Closed Down
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
I remember the last thing I ever read on ST was a thread with parents telling this lady who had her daughter in Cross Creek(a WWASPS) for 2 years how to enforce the wwasps contract thing they give to kids who are getting out, she was 17 I think. The parent didn't know about the no name rule but I read her post before it got edited. I was disgusted watching these people not addressing the fact that she had her daughter in a wwasps for two years and other programs before that.

I shot this lady an email with a link to "Who's Watching The Kids?"(I got the programs crossed, but it's still a wwasps). I had to convince myself that she just didn't know, but I still wonder sometimes if she even cares or cared.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 10:41:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Additionally, some people may distrust TSW simply because he was part of the system

I find that statement odd.

I find it ridiculous.  TSW was "part of the system"...so is every parent who voluntarily throws their kid into "the system", and I consider some program parents to be much more evil than any program staffers.  A lot of staffers arrive at programs fresh out of school (hopefully) with the intention of helping kids.  Program parents have the intention of dumping their kids.

You make it sound like TSW's biggest thrill in life was restraining kids and fucking with their heads.  If that were the case, he wouldn't be around these forums, would he?  What, you want an apology from him for having a job as a counselor?  Let me see some program parents like Mose apologizing for encouraging ST posters to ditch their kids into boot camps....

I saw someone mention TSW was fired...so what of it?  Do you know why he was fired?  Maybe he told Three Springs he thought what they were doing was complete bullshit...would that be acceptable to you?  

It's nobody's damn business.  Take notice of what TSW is doing NOW, not damning him for his time as a counselor.  It's his experience as a counselor that gives us an insight into staff we wouldn't have.  TSW addressed the counselors at PV about my step daughter, telling them not to seek vengeance on the girl for problems with the parents.  What he said scared the fuck out of me, but he knows the way counselors think.  He knew they might physically harm our girl to vent, and he appealed to their consciences and urged them not to give in to something they would regret.   Shit, if people only focused on a person's past, that moron Dubya wouldn't be the puppet Prez he is now...we'd be reminding him of his alcohol abuse. DUI's and his affection for Peruvian nose candy.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 01:54:19 AM »
Karown3d

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Additionally, some people may distrust TSW simply because he was part of the system
I find that statement odd.
I find it ridiculous.  TSW was "part of the system"...so is every parent who voluntarily throws their kid into "the system", and I consider some program parents to be much more evil than any program staffers.  A lot of staffers arrive at programs fresh out of school (hopefully) with the intention of helping kids.  Program parents have the intention of dumping their kids.

You make it sound like TSW's biggest thrill in life was restraining kids and fucking with their heads.  If that were the case, he wouldn't be around these forums, would he?  What, you want an apology from him for having a job as a counselor?  Let me see some program parents like Mose apologizing for encouraging ST posters to ditch their kids into boot camps....

There is often a big difference between the people who own/run these programs and the staff that work there.  I would say, in TSW's case, that difference appears to have ultimately become HUGE.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »
about 30 kilograms huger to be specific.

Umm Zen you do know I was fired for making a kid push a rock with his nose to keep him out of trouble till dinner time right?

No excuses for it. Pure and simple a dumbass thing to do on my part. Though the stupidity of that decision is in no where near the factor of stupidity in going to work for the place in the beginning.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 03:59:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Umm Zen you do know I was fired for making a kid push a rock with his nose to keep him out of trouble till dinner time right?

So many signature worthy quotes recently!  :D

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 04:19:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""

Oh, fuck no!  I swear by the dead balls of Jerry Falwell, ye are to be banished

Yeah, I was aware of the incident, didn't know that was what got you fired.  I don't think you've done anything like that since, unless you had to drag some fuckrag out of a bar and give him a consequence.

I just wanted to point out what was in the past is in the past.  You're not encouraging people to send kids to an RTC where they regularly perform that somewhat twisted version of the myth of Sisyphus...

People change their views.  Sometimes they need persuasion, that's why I wanted you to stay on as a moderator, but that's your choice.  I understand the difficulty in not unleashing strings of profanity at some thickheaded twat who's yanking your chain.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
I figure when this is all said and done I'll be much more potent as a nonmoderator. Just bear with me on this.

Fucking funny thing though.. I prolly would have never come to my senses had I not been fired. So fucking thank 3 shits for me being the anti-program asshole I am today.
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
Oh yeah.

Let's get people on that wilderness death thread. Get some educating going on the denvertimes article.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »
TSW:
You have no problem posting other people's names, Kevin for example.

Why are you so afraid that your name be posted?

This is somewhat of a double standard-you must agree?

You say if people post their information then it's fair game, are you sure you haven't posted your name somewhere?

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 09:47:41 PM »
You first anon.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 09:49:28 PM »
April Showers

Now you.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »
Jenna Jameson.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 09:55:55 PM »
I am fairly sure your name is posted on this forum somewhere from way back when.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 10:08:26 PM »
Look hard chief.
am the metal pig.