Author Topic: Message to NICK of Over The Rainbow  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Message to NICK of Over The Rainbow
« on: June 02, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »
This is unbelievable - but then again, it is Isabelle Zehnder ...

http://overthegw.blogspot.com/

Nick,

Did Isabelle Zehnder of CAICA inform you and the others involved with your fine movie of her association with the teen help referral business (PURE - Sue Scheff)?  

Did she give you the pep talk about how there are "good" programs out there and it is naive to think otherwise?

Did she tell you all about her PRO BONO work?

Her memorial?

Her support for the owners of a now-defunct program called Whitmore whose owners have run afoul of the law in three countries?

If not, please check out the PURE/CAICA forum on Fornits.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 11:30:14 PM »
Oh..  Am I glad I'm gonna be there tomorrow...  I'm bringing the video camera for this one...  Oohh...  fun fun...  hee hee... You'll see.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:36:18 PM »
Did she tell you about the EXTREMISTS in the reform movement?  You know, the ones who apparently think it is unethical and immoral to refer kids to programs who pay big bucks for referrals that result in a placement?

This is some serious shit that should NOT be ignored by those who are truly in this fight for the kids - not to make a living helping kids get placed into UNREGULATED progams under the guise of saving kids from bad programs (e.g. WWASPS) or helping families-in-crisis.  

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:54:14 PM »
Oops, it's over the GW!

Must have been thinking of that phony dude behind the curtain, the Great OZ?  

Perfectly understandable.

Kudos to Nick, cast and crew!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 12:01:56 AM »
Quote from: ""psy""
Oh..  Am I glad I'm gonna be there tomorrow...  I'm bringing the video camera for this one...  Oohh...  fun fun...  hee hee... You'll see.

Awesome, that's good news psy!

Have a safe trip and let us know how it went!

::cheers::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »
I alerted Western Union. The telegram has been dispatched via horse rider.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »
Isabelle writes in one of her THREE reviews of Over the GW:

One of their programs, Majestic Ranch in Utah, houses children as young as seven. In a report written in February 2005, four former Majestic Ranch employees testified that children were being restrained with their faces in horse manure, that the water quality was bad and children were becoming ill, that children were being forced to sit on milk crates in the middle of the snow for punishment, that they were being forced to handle dead animal carcasses, and more. A number of parents have reported they removed their children from Majestic Ranch after the report was written and learned children continue to be abused there. Two lawsuits were recently filed against Majestic Ranch. What is it going to take for changes to be made so these young children, as young as 7, can be protected?

http://http://caica.org/Don't_get_stung_by_wwasps_its_easier_than_you_think.htm
------------

Well gee Ms. Zehnder - I don't know what it's going to take.  Of course, it certainly didn't help that your self-proclaimed "friend and colleague" SUE SCHEFF of PURE apparently used to refer to Majestic Ranch, including for a period of time AFTER she removed her own daughter from a WWASPS program and started PURE. (see date on email below)

WTF?

But then again, many people wouldn't know this if they weren't aware of the revelations contained in the WWASPS v. PURE trial, some of which have been posted on the PURE BULLSHIT AND CAICA forum on Fornits:

Revelations such as this one:

------Original Message------

To: Ken Kay
Date: August 17, 2001
Subject: Sue Scheff

The last contact I had with Sue was 8 18 (sic 16) she emailed a lead to me. In our last conversation probably last week July she said she thought our programs were good but that our Seminars were terrible. She said she would continue to send referrals to me for Majestic Ranch as she didn't have any other resources for younger kids 7-12. She said she had placed 8 kids that week in Red Cliff or Red Rock not sure which. She asked me to manipulate the referral system and give 2 referrals to her so she wouldn't have to pay Diane Luchetto for 2 referrals that she somehow received from her. She said she had given Diane about 12 referrals. I told her that I couldn't change that information in our computer system and that I didn't feel right about doing it if I could.

Kevin Richey
Teen Help
Admission's Coordinator

--------------

Note:

Reportedly, the going rate for referrals (leads) to WWASPS:

1.  One month's free tuition at your child's WWASPS program PER REFERRAL that resulted in a placement

2.  $1k cash to ex-program parents or alumni for referrals that resulted in a placement.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 01:58:33 AM »
IMO, there is no question whatsoever that Isabelle Zehnder recommends the services of Sue Scheff (PURE) to parents.  This is evident in her own writings which can be found on her website (CAICA) and/or bloggings.

It may interest Nick to know what Phil Elberg had to say about the referral industry and in particular, Sue Scheff of PURE:

According to the Daily Business Review, Scheff also named Ginger Warbis as co-defendant. Warbis, who runs a web site critical of Scheff, obtained a well-known lawyer who successfully defeated Scheff’s claims of defamation: “Warbis’ lawyer, Philip Elberg, of Medvin & Elberg of Newark, New Jersey, sharply criticized Scheff and other people who refer parents to programs for troubled teens. ‘People in this industry have consistently used their money and their access to lawyers to silence critics of the industry and this may be one of those examples,’ Elberg said. ‘Sue Scheff is simply another person in the industry of people who make money from the plight of frightened parents.’”

Source:

http://www.isaccorp.org/pressreleases/s ... ctory.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 02:11:26 AM »
I hope to work with Nick on his next film to shed light on what continues to happen to families in this country, and to give victims a sense that people really do care about what they have been through.

- Isabelle Zehnder

This coming from someone who does not support children who claim they were abused by the owner of the now DEFUNCT program your colleague Sue Scheff used to refer to?

That's rich.

:roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 03:12:25 AM »
Didn't Phil Elberg also represent that KIDS survivor as well?  Or that Phil is going to be at the premiere?  Oh fuck!  Psy is offline...  I hope he knows that.

Mike (too lazy to log in)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 11:35:23 PM »
Yes, Phil represented Lulu Corter and won a large settlement.

www.thestraights.com/articles/newton-settles.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 11:52:54 PM »
Damn straight Izzy recommends PURE, she even has it listed as a resource on her new coaching website:

http://www.positivefamilysolutions.com/ ... links.html

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 12:44:09 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Damn straight Izzy recommends PURE, she even has it listed as a resource on her new coaching website:

http://www.positivefamilysolutions.com/ ... links.html

Pool pooped in.  Fliers handed out to relevant persons (including nick) including all the information above and more!

@Izzy: Sue me bitch!  I live above sea level.  I just quoted (and juxtaposed) other sources (including your handy Whitmore blog).
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)