Author Topic: We could use your expertise-Morgan yacht and other suvivors  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ones helping in making the morgan yacht replica could use your help. They have almost completed it and many of the SL public have already shown a great interest including a few reporters.

If you know any of the following or have pictures please  send to the address below.

We have drawn a blank at the 7 steps , If anyone remembers them all could you email them to us.

If anyone has pictures of any of the following could you please
send them.

Straight Logo
The old church  pews , the folding ones that apparently were
unique as we can not find even a replica pic on the internet.
The Morgan Yacht building Inside,
Open Meeting review room,
So called "Kitchen"

Or pictures of the following staff;

Helen Peterman
Jim Hartz
Dr. Ross
Any board of directors
Ms. Cassidy
Nancy - the one with really long brown hair senior staff

Any memories you have of the food with the exception of spam, peanut butter, and moldy dounuts.
Also, if you have a memory you would like to share or a short version of your story (if there is such a thing for anyone) of your time in the program feel free to send that in as well. You do not have to be a survivor of morgan yacht to send in your story.
We only ask that you let us know which building you were in.

Many thanks for all of your help.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: We could use your expertise-Morgan yacht and other suviv
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The ones helping in making the morgan yacht replica could use your help. They have almost completed it and many of the SL public have already shown a great interest including a few reporters.

If you know any of the following or have pictures please  send to the address below.

We have drawn a blank at the 7 steps , If anyone remembers them all could you email them to us.

If anyone has pictures of any of the following could you please
send them.

Straight Logo
The old church  pews , the folding ones that apparently were
unique as we can not find even a replica pic on the internet.
The Morgan Yacht building Inside,
Open Meeting review room,
So called "Kitchen"

Or pictures of the following staff;

Helen Peterman
Jim Hartz
Dr. Ross
Any board of directors
Ms. Cassidy
Nancy - the one with really long brown hair senior staff

Any memories you have of the food with the exception of spam, peanut butter, and moldy dounuts.
Also, if you have a memory you would like to share or a short version of your story (if there is such a thing for anyone) of your time in the program feel free to send that in as well. You do not have to be a survivor of morgan yacht to send in your story.
We only ask that you let us know which building you were in.

Many thanks for all of your help.

[email protected]
Are you making a table top model,or a complete diurama of the Straight experience/
I say set the thing up on the road in front of Smelly Melvin and Sweaty Betty Sembler's house.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We could use your expertise-Morgan yacht and other suvivors
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 08:06:24 AM »
swimmer sandwhiches...anyone who was in Morgan yacht in the early days remember's 'em.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Things to Include
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 01:43:18 AM »
The Virtual Tour would naturally begin in the front lobby.  Here it should be extremely quiet.  There should be a girl runner with pale skin sitting in a chair that gets up and hauls ass down the hall the moment you walk in and comes back with a staff member.  There were 3 intake rooms and the Staff Office.  On the left was the primary intake room, followed by Junior Staff/Medical Room, followed by Senior Staff Offices.  On the right was Executive Staff (almost always locked) followed by two small bathrooms for staff, then the door to big group.  Once out the door at the end of the hall, there was the water fountain, ice machine, tables and kitchen followed by the door to the Green Room, then the door to the Carpet Room.all to your immediate left.  On the right side were shelves and shit for the 3rd and 4th phasers to store books and stuff from school, and running up along the wall near the skylight windows was a staircase that led to the loft, which was used for storage, and as an infirmary.  It had beds and I think it even had a shop sink of some sorts.  There were steel girders running along the ceiling and the lights were an ancient design using waffle looking Mercury Vapor bulbs that would explode on occasion.  Never, never forget that the entire fucking floor of big group was covered in decades on melted fiberglass of various shades of green, brown, white, red, and orange.  It resembled the surface of a far away planet or some shit, yet the constant chipping of chair legs while motivating would chip large pieces of it off.  I remember there were two distinct flat smooth areas on either side where the biggest motivation went on and the chairs would be moved back and that area of the floor is where we would do our excersises following afternoon rap.  There were two roll up doors.  The sun would shine in rays on the left side in the mornings and then blast in through the right side in afternoons.  There were two poles running floor to ceiling.  One near the rear of the chairs, the other about ten feet in front of the doors to the bathrooms.  That's about all I remember.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 02:31:12 AM »
Ok....maybe it's just me....but what is the point in making a replica of the Morgan yacht building?

Flygirl

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 06:25:57 AM »
Ok....maybe it's just me....but what is the point in making a replica of the Morgan yacht building?

Flygirl

Sweaty Betty Sembler's version of a Barbie Dream House! :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
read the replica complete post and you will see why.

yes, the offices are there right down to the loft, desk and all.

If you go through to the back of the "Open Meeting Review Room" is a path to "Survivor Park" this is a real cool place to st and talk and hang out plus it has brief profiles on those that have been for lack of a better phrase 'high profile survivors" like Virginia, Wes, Sammy, Mike, Marti, and many others.
Howerver, they want to make it clear that there is not room to profile every survivor like they would like to do.

If you need to hang out, or just talk to another survivor head over to survivor park.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hold on, now....lol
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »
Wes??

"High profile," sure, w/e.. but a survivor???

:rofl:  :roll:  ::huh::  ::poke::  ::bangin::  :rofl:  :wave:  :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 03:18:02 PM »
rofl , lmao
you get the idea, people involved in the fight which is darn near everyone but like i said they didnt have enough room to profile twelve thousand rofl

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 05:46:06 AM »
Nancy,the staff member you were asking about was named Nancy Halvorsen nee Gresham.She became Halvorsen after she married Kris Halvorsen,another staff member.
When we moved from Milton Roy to Morgan Yacht,I took the opportunity(to escape from group and that hotass building) that summer to use my experience in construction to assist in the move by helping build the intakes.My wonderful stepfather was more than happy to lend them use of his trucks.I remember trying to tell the parents and a few upper phasers that they were making a mistake hanging the sheetrock lengthwise,and I got more shit then you could imagine.You would have thought that I lit up a joint right there and then.I walked out right there and then and found another project.A father,with the last name of Massey,screamed "Hey look,that guy's copping out!".My thoughts were "Yeah,whatever!".Sentiments being there's no shortage of mule-headed,close-minded assholes.He must have been exhausted from hanging 1/4 inch sheetrock and nailing them in with ten penny nails.I decided to go move some furniture.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 05:57:52 AM »
If you can ever find the difunct TV series "Real People",Helen Peterman made an appearance on that show,if just to show her "Mr.Ed" replica pearly whites.Hard to find pictures of anybody as they're not exactly putting them up on websites.My suggestion would be to ask for old Pinellas County high school yearbooks from 1975-1980.Chris Cassler graduated from Northeast High in 1978.Doug Hemminger graduated from Dixie in 1979.Mike Murphy,Aimee Wright's husband,was in the 1976 Bogie yearbook.Wanda Minton graduated Dixie either 1979 or 1980.Liz Cassidy graduated Dixie in either 1978 or 1979.Go to the St. Pete Times archives for pictures of Jim Hartz.Any more leads,I'll let you know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 12:39:47 PM »
Thanks bud will do, hadnt thought of that and yeah would love to see and post that bit about Helen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Sam Kinison""
If you can ever find the difunct TV series "Real People",Helen Peterman made an appearance on that show

Exactly WHY was Helen Petermann on "Real People"?
What was the topic of that episode?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:20:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Sam Kinison""
If you can ever find the difunct TV series "Real People",Helen Peterman made an appearance on that show
Exactly WHY was Helen Petermann on "Real People"?
What was the topic of that episode?

Buy the DVD:
http://www.project80s.com/television/te ... eal-People

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
Helen ¨The self-taught Queen of Torture¨ Petermann appeared on ¨Real People¨ featuring LIFE in a positive light.Ironically,this was shortly after Str8 paid their first due on the Fred Collins business in Alexandria,Va.The same St.Pete Times edition that released the Jerry Vancil story(I Believe)published a picture of Jim Hartz.A 1972 or 1973 Admiral Farragut yearbook will have a picture of pre-Seed Dave Crock.While everybody else demonizes Dave,I feel very sad for the guy.I know a lot about him before he even experimented with drugs and his pathology(psychological history and makeup)is truly tragic.Coming from a household of a mother so overbearing she drove his father to kill himself at gunpoint and from hearing Dave tell it afterwards,almost matter-of-factly(like everybody´s mother was the same)could make anybody shudder.Remember,this is a guy,who signed himself into the Seed in Ft.Lauderdale,for what I believe,to get away from the woman.I read in a prior post that he´s suicidal now and that comes from being the survivor of a parent who did it.Don´t take my word for it,look at the stats.I believe,that he thought everything he was doing at that time was a noble endeavor.The tragedy was that he ever went down that twisted path.