Author Topic: Coral Reef Acacdemy In Samoa  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coral Reef Acacdemy In Samoa
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »
Has Anyone had any furtehr experioences with Coral reef Acacdemy in Samoa? My Ex-wife is trying to send my son there. I have spoken with an "admissions coordinator" but am still nervous about sending my son out of the country, especially after finding this on teh web. Help please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:40:42 AM »
Bad news dude, don't send your kid away especially to an overseas facility. It so bad overseas the US state Department has issued a warning about these facilities. Facilities in the states can be just as bad or worse. Sending a kid to a program is like rolling a dice, i.e. not worth the risk...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:17:22 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Bad news dude, don't send your kid away especially to an overseas facility. It so bad overseas the US state Department has issued a warning about these facilities. Facilities in the states can be just as bad or worse. Sending a kid to a program is like rolling a dice, i.e. not worth the risk...

Go to the Thorn Tree message board at www.lonelyplanet.com Travel Website.
Hook your kid up with some young people BACKPACKING to Samoa,SE Asia or China.
Your kid will come back a new person after a CHEAP trip like that.
DONT WASTE THE MONEY when a complete 6 month round the world trip costs pennies.
Take 3 months off from your job,buy a travel book like Lonely Planet-China,and take your kid traveling.
If your kid ends up in any of these programs you will be lucky to get him back alive.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 08:18:14 AM »
it is owned by a company called A better Way who run out of Vegas

When notorious bootcamp owner Steve Cortizano was in hot water he moved to Samoa. Also the Notorious WWASP school Paradise Cover ran out of there.
Here are some things for your wife to consider before sending her child to the Asia Pacific region.

-There are only 185 thousand ppl in the whole country of Western Samoa. It is not impossible that some of those attracted to this industry would have worked for prevoius Abusive American Schools

-If the boy is being sent because he has drug issues & poor judgement it is a Really Super bad Idea if he has to Fly through south east Asia as there are extremely strict penalties for trying to take drugs of any kind in. Right now is especially bad because Australia is trying to fight for the lives of some youngsters on Death row for a heroin smuggling. Some were only 18 when they participated. The political climate is Very Tense and countries like malaysia, indonesia & singapore feel hostile toward western countries who pressure them to loosen the laws when their own young citizens are in deep shit. When this happens things get tougher and young ppl end up swinging as an example. When Ngyuen was hung his mother was not allowed to hug him farewell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bali_Nine
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 521407.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/indepth/feat ... 520853.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 521499.htm

-Therehas been recent political instability in the region.
-The US state dept cant guarantee protection of the kid if he is sent offshore
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:46:11 AM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »
Hello Worried and Welcome~

I am a mom who sent a child to a program IN the United States.  I regret my decision on many levels.  If you're interested in details let me know.  If not ... I'll not waste your valuable time.  

In terms of your situation, I would suggest pulling everything in your arsenal to stop this action by your ex-wife.  While I know nothing about the specifics of this program (others will be along to offer those types of details) I would be terrified about the prospect of sending my child outside the safe confines of the US.  The industry is scary enough within our borders ...

Just curiously ... why is your wife considering a placement for your minor child??
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=14029

I researched this program for another parent some time ago.  Please look at the above link and do whatever you can to avoid this placement.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Karass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 11:25:52 AM »
Worriedaboutmyson, if you read the other thread on Coral Reef Academy and do some research on the other heinous teen prison camps that used to operate in Western Samoa, you might decide that you need to everything in your power to stop your ex from sending your son to a 3rd world hellhole, beyond the protection of U.S. law.

Would you feel any differently if she decided to hand him over to a North Korean "re-education" camp? Ask yourself how this Samoan place would be any better or any less horrific for him.
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:23 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""

Go to the Thorn Tree message board at www.lonelyplanet.com Travel Website.
Hook your kid up with some young people BACKPACKING to Samoa,SE Asia or China.
Your kid will come back a new person after a CHEAP trip like that.
DONT WASTE THE MONEY when a complete 6 month round the world trip costs pennies.
Take 3 months off from your job,buy a travel book like Lonely Planet-China,and take your kid traveling.
If your kid ends up in any of these programs you will be lucky to get him back alive.

Throw in a couple of boxes of "Samoa Girl Scout Cookies" to sweeten the deal!

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Coral Reef Acacdemy In Samoa
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 02:13:29 PM »
Quote from: ""Worriedboutmyson""
Has Anyone had any furtehr experioences with Coral reef Acacdemy in Samoa? My Ex-wife is trying to send my son there. I have spoken with an "admissions coordinator" but am still nervous about sending my son out of the country, especially after finding this on teh web. Help please.
Start from the beginning here, the first question is, who suggested your son be sent there, and why did they suggest that particuar placement?

Then do some research on that particuar person, what are they gaining from having your son sent there? What do they think will be done for your son there? Are they adamant it has to be this particular place?

Then do the research on what your son's needs are and whether this place is what is needed, is it soething you can deal with but don't know how to go about it? is there any support in place to avoid placement? Can you get that support? Have you offered to have your son live with you a while?

Alarm beles are already ringing for you or you wouldn't be here - even the smallest tinkle of an alarm bell should really tell you what the others have said - don't let it happen....

Good luck & please get back to us if you need more help and advise on resources and support in your area

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
Wondering if your son was sent to CRA.....my son would have been there around the same time - devastating decision.  Please respond - would like to know how your son is doing

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »

I have some advice for you.  Tell your son to stop acting like an idiot so he doesn't end up in a program.

Offline xamaicamar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 05:58:41 PM »
I hope to od that you did not send him there.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »
Quote from: "I have some advice for you"

I have some advice for you.  Tell your son to stop acting like an idiot so he doesn't end up in a program.

That's right.....every teen that acts like an idiot needs to be sent away for abusive re-education and thought reform.  ::)

To Worried.....listen to these people and do everything in your power to stop this.

Quote from: "Truth Searcher"
In terms of your situation, I would suggest pulling everything in your arsenal to stop this action by your ex-wife. While I know nothing about the specifics of this program (others will be along to offer those types of details) I would be terrified about the prospect of sending my child outside the safe confines of the US. The industry is scary enough within our borders ...

Quote from: "Karass"
Worriedaboutmyson, if you read the other thread on Coral Reef Academy and do some research on the other heinous teen prison camps that used to operate in Western Samoa, you might decide that you need to everything in your power to stop your ex from sending your son to a 3rd world hellhole, beyond the protection of U.S. law.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Interview telling about Earl Sweatshirt
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
A rap musicer seems to have been imprisoned at Coral Reef Academy because his mother disapproves of his music.

They use a level system and an isolation box as their basic treatment method.

Now Complex Magazine have found a young man who have been sent there and had met Earl Sweatshirt while he was exiled. For more info:

Interview: Tyler Craven Talks Earl Sweatshirt & Samoa Experience, by Ernest Baker, Complex Magazine, June 23, 2011

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Interview telling about Earl Sweatshirt
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
A rap musicer seems to have been imprisoned at Coral Reef Academy because his mother disapproves of his music.

They use a level system and an isolation box as their basic treatment method.

Now Complex Magazine have found a young man who have been sent there and had met Earl Sweatshirt while he was exiled. For more info:

Interview: Tyler Craven Talks Earl Sweatshirt & Samoa Experience, by Ernest Baker, Complex Magazine, June 23, 2011

At last, someoneone has found a cure for hip hop.
?©?€~¥@