Author Topic: Suicide at AAA  (Read 16810 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »
I won't go into that now but as a former therapist I've been thinking a lot about when a restrictive structured environment (regulated, with well qualified staff, and due process, access to the world etc... ) might not exacerbate the fucking problem.

Fixed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 10:06:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I won't go into that now but as a former therapist I've been thinking a lot about when a restrictive structured environment (regulated, with well qualified staff, and due process, access to the world etc... ) might not exacerbate the fucking problem.

Fixed!

Trying to show off so fornits will notice you and make you a moderator?

Before changing someones posts, try reading up:

http://http://www.miusa.org/ncde/tipsheets/autismtips
http://http://home.att.net/~coultervideo/newteach.htm
http://http://www.aspergers.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:15 PM »
From the first article:

A basic principle is that social interactions are only desirable if they are voluntary. The exchange is meant to provide opportunity, but not pressure, for social interactions.

....lol, proving my point

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
EXCEL TX
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 01:13:55 AM »
:cry2: AFTER 20 MONTHS OF BEING AT EXCEL A BOY KILLED HIMSELF ON A WEEKEND VISIT HOME. TOTAL COVER UP, BUT IT DID HAPPEN.  HE FOUND OUT THAT HIS GIRL CHEATED ON HIM!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »
THIS IS ALL RIDICULOUS.
I have BEEN  in many of these programs including YCI.
There are very few wilderness's that are anything like Brat Camp
Alot of these kids cause their own problems out there and in any program. The staff can only do what they think would work best.
Upon arriving in wilderness me and the other girl i went with PUT OUR OWN LIVES IN DANGER by choosing to try to run... first in the middle of the night when it was dark and cold. then the next day we choose to try to hike to run and all they could do was hike with us. we got hypotherma from our own stupidity.
Looking back on wilderness I have wanted to go back and do it again. Its a wonderful opprotunity to step back from everything and concentrate on yourself.
My boarding school was also a very rewarding experience. THIS SHIT IS NO WALK IN THE PARK. Many of the kids who go to these places have reached the end of their ropes. Their parents are out of ideas.
I had to fight my way up through the levels but when I got out I had actually learned and matured beyond belief. It did take one more program and a little while of me continuing to fuck up my life with bad choices with a bad boyfriend for me to finally mature and grow into my own
TO PARENTS WHO HAVE PUT YOUR KIDS SOMEWHERE: if they so choose than can make the best of this and come out a successful person. I myself have been offered a position at one of these boarding schools that I am more than happy to take knowing I know what its like and believin they do good.
IF THEY STILL ACT OUT: Give them some time... be patient. They are still kids and I know many people that have ended up working it all out in the end.
TO YOU HATERS... STFU if you don't konw what you are talking about. do not judge these parents for trying to help... do not judge these programs for trying to be there. you cannot even begin to imagine the ends these parents go to BEFORE resorting to this. Many of these places are amazing with staff who care.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »
THIS IS ALL RIDICULOUS.
Alot of these kids cause their own problems out there and in any program. The staff can only do what they think would work best.
Upon arriving in wilderness me and the other girl i went with PUT OUR OWN LIVES IN DANGER by choosing to try to run... first in the middle of the night when it was dark and cold. then the next day we choose to try to hike to run and all they could do was hike with us. we got hypotherma from our own stupidity.
Looking back on wilderness I have wanted to go back and do it again. Its a wonderful opprotunity to step back from everything and concentrate on yourself.
My boarding school was also a very rewarding experience. THIS SHIT IS NO WALK IN THE PARK. Many of the kids who go to these places have reached the end of their ropes. Their parents are out of ideas.
I had to fight my way up through the levels but when I got out I had actually learned and matured beyond belief. It did take one more program and a little while of me continuing to fuck up my life with bad choices with a bad boyfriend for me to finally mature and grow into my own
TO PARENTS WHO HAVE PUT YOUR KIDS SOMEWHERE: if they so choose than can make the best of this and come out a successful person. I myself have been offered a position at one of these boarding schools that I am more than happy to take knowing I know what its like and believin they do good.
IF THEY STILL ACT OUT: Give them some time... be patient. They are still kids and I know many people that have ended up working it all out in the end.
TO YOU HATERS... STFU if you don't konw what you are talking about. do not judge these parents for trying to help... do not judge these programs for trying to be there. you cannot even begin to imagine the ends these parents go to BEFORE resorting to this. Many of these places are amazing with staff who care.

Thanks for that info from someone who has been inside.  It is refreshing to get some accurate accounts for a change.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »
Too bad it was make-believe.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »

Wow!!  Imagine if thewho made a comment like that after someone posted a story about their abusive experience.  It wasnt that long ago everyone here was ready to string him up for disrespecting or not believing a survivor.

Now we have someone disrespecting a survivor (who had a positive time inside) and it seems to be okay.  Just lots of bumps on other threads to move this one to the bottom and pretend it never happened.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »

Wow!!  Imagine if thewho made a comment like that after someone posted a story about their abusive experience.  It wasnt that long ago everyone here was ready to string him up for disrespecting or not believing a survivor.

Now we have someone disrespecting a survivor (who had a positive time inside) and it seems to be okay.  Just lots of bumps on other threads to move this one to the bottom and pretend it never happened.

Someone has been paying attention..... but, I'm not going to touch this one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 09:48:11 PM »
You already did.

You're not fooling anyone with the proxies, Who.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »
Cant everyone just pretend the who does not exist. He will leave then
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
THIS IS ALL RIDICULOUS.
Alot of these kids cause their own problems out there and in any program.

Now come on.  We've all seen this before.  Blame the victim.  

The staff can only do what they think would work best.

The "staff" are unqualified, untrained non professionals.  They don't KNOW what 'works'.

Upon arriving in wilderness me and the other girl i went with PUT OUR OWN LIVES IN DANGER by choosing to try to run...

No darlin'.  Your parents and the program put you in danger by leaving you with a bunch of newage freaks hell bent on teaching you that you're not in control of anything.

first in the middle of the night when it was dark and cold. then the next day we choose to try to hike to run and all they could do was hike with us. we got hypotherma from our own stupidity.

No, you got hypothermia from being left with unqualified, untrained "staff" hell bent on teaching you taht you're not in control of anything.

Kool Aid,  Stockholm....take your pick.

I had to fight my way up through the levels but when I got out I had actually learned and matured beyond belief.

It's not a typical boarding school now is it?  How many boarding schools promise to fix emotional or psychological problems?

It did take one more program and a little while of me continuing to fuck up my life with bad choices with a bad boyfriend for me to finally mature and grow into my own

Read that again.  Very carefully.

^^^^^^ Just do that without sending them off first.  The vast majority of them will be just fine.

Parents, your children are NOT safe.  Go and get them.  Bring them home and hope they'll forgive you.  These places do NOT do any good, despite the claims.  Ask them to back those claims up with studies and research and facts and see how quickly they change the subject or shut up.

We (most of us) know all too well what happens.  I've been through a program AND I'm a parent, so STFU yourself!
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 01:13:49 PM »
Ask them to back those claims up with studies and research and facts and see how quickly they change the subject or shut up.

C'mon Anne, you know better than that. They'll make up or mis-cite whatever they can. Our local Aspen troll does that all day long.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »
I've been in a program, worked in a program, owned a program, had five kids two of which were IN programs, then I became anti-program and helped shut down 50 programs, and I trained my grandkids to be active anti-program activists- so YOU STFU!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sad
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 01:29:55 PM »
A boy died. He didn't need to. Trained professionals know the signs to look for in order to protect clients. I'm sure this would not have happened while Brat Camp was at the location. Everyone would most likely be hyper-alert to risks, the way they should be. Most of these programs have protocol in place to prevent harm to the children but some of the staff who are working with the children have no college degrees, appropriate training (often one week) or lack the motivation to help children and just like the schedule and being outside.
 I imagine there is a lot of guilt from everyone involved and if they were honest about it they would go public (or at least not cover it up)and let everyone know what mistakes were made so that others could learn from them. It does not need to be a secret. The problem is that some people are more afraid of the program shutting down...