Author Topic: A Few Websites To Read Other's Thoughts on Teen Challenge  (Read 53508 times)

Offline Michael Kincheloe

• View Profile
    • http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
A Few Websites To Read Other's Thoughts on Teen Challenge
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 05:38:52 PM »
Firebird81's real name is Matthew Dau. He lives in Seal Beach.

Here's his picture:

http://file003a.bebo.com/large/2005/10/ ... 01098l.jpg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Michael Kincheloe""
Firebird81's real name is Matthew Dau. He lives in Seal Beach.

Here's his picture:

http://file003a.bebo.com/large/2005/10/ ... 01098l.jpg

I'm who?? Sorry to disappoint, you, Michael, but you do not know me.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 12:52:53 AM »
"I am a graduate of the southern California Teen Challenge and a former staff member of Los Angeles Teen Challenge. I am also a graduate of the Teen Challenge Ministry Institute."

Firebird81  Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:05 pm

From topix:

"See...I am a graduate and also a former staff member of Los Angeles Teen Challenge."

Matt
Los Angeles, CA

"It's certainly obvious by your attitude that you learned absolutely nothing that was taught to you in Teen Challenge. Who was your 4th phase teacher at Riverside and what classes were they teaching?"

Matt
Downey, CA

"His attitude and the things he chose to attack looks more to be like a personal vendetta…"

Matt
Irvine, CA

Same information on Karly’s board and the first topix post. The diction in all four posts is identical. The Los Angeles and Downey posts were probably done at work, the Irvine post from your home. Your phone number is (562) 598-2356.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?PhotoAlbumId=3360536

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »
NO, Michael, you are wrong. Call the number. This is laughable. I shouldn't be surprised, tho. You did put a couple quotes form me, but for some reason have me as posting from downey or Irvine. The others are absolutely not me. I've never lived in Seal Beach, I've never worked in Downey or Riverside. Sorry, Bud. I live in Anaheim. Can we get back to the topic?

I'm the one who asked you to clarify about a staff member threatening to kick your ass, in your own words.
I asked a few other questions and rather than answer them, you ran away. I believe you are dishonest and a fraud. Otherwise, you would address those questions.

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »
I think I just realized why you ran? You thought I was someone who knew you, didn't you?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »
You think I'm dishonest and a fraud? Whao cares what you think? Fuck you and the slut you're married to.

What good would it have done to tell someone what Randy said my very first week at Shafter? It was just he and I; there were no witnesses. I didn't even know who Rod Tidwell was until I was at fire camp a month later, when pinche bruja Christie Luna said "Rod Tidwell said hello." Who is that? "He's the director." Oh. I thought Ruben Heredia was the director. Rod wasn't involved in the day-to-day activities, just as Dennis Griffith was rarely seen at Riverside.  

I ran? From your punk ass? I ignored you. I don't have to answer shit to a take-it-in-the-ass punk bitch like you. If you want to call me a liar and a fraud to my face, look me up in the Visalia directory and name the time and place. If you want to talk to someone at Teen Challenge who knew me, talk to Stan Williams. He knew Ahmed Morris and detested him; no other staff members liked him either, because he bullied others while hiding behind the skirts of Teen Challenge. You can bet if I saw him on the street he'd be really nice to me, but I'd spit in face and call him a cocksucker, and it'd be on.

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »
You think I'm dishonest and a fraud? Whao cares what you think? Fuck you and the slut you're married to.

What good would it have done to tell someone what Randy said my very first week at Shafter? It was just he and I; there were no witnesses. I didn't even know who Rod Tidwell was until I was at fire camp a month later, when pinche bruja Christie Luna said "Rod Tidwell said hello." Who is that? "He's the director." Oh. I thought Ruben Heredia was the director. Rod wasn't involved in the day-to-day activities, just as Dennis Griffith was rarely seen at Riverside.  

I ran? From your punk ass? I ignored you. I don't have to answer shit to a take-it-in-the-ass punk bitch like you. If you want to call me a liar and a fraud to my face, look me up in the Visalia directory and name the time and place. If you want to talk to someone at Teen Challenge who knew me, talk to Stan Williams. He knew Ahmed Morris and detested him; no other staff members liked him either, because he bullied others while hiding behind the skirts of Teen Challenge. You can bet if I saw him on the street he'd be really nice to me, but I'd spit in face and call him a cocksucker, and it'd be on.

Sadly, I am not the least bit surprised by your juvenile outburst. It's also becoming very clear exactly why you had problems in Teen Challenge. No ,you don't have to answer any of my questions, but here's a little news flash for you. When you choose to use a public forum to voice an opinion, then you should not only expect people to challenge that opinion, you should be prepared to back it up. If you instead resort to name calling and threats, then you merely come off looking like you were full of it the entire time. So, it's your choice, Michael. Because I am not going to let up.

Concerning Randy threatening you, are you trying to tell me that a college educated individual like yourself isn't intelligent enough to know there's something wrong with that and it should be reported? If he had threatened you, he would have been dismissed. And you owed it to anyone else who he might harm or threaten in the future to expose it when it happened.

I will repost all of my questions again. If your positions hold any weight, you will back them up. And don't try to act like a tough guy, Michael. A man who hides for a year in a program to avoid a year in county jail isn't tough.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
I have answered all of your questions. If you lack the ability to understand these answers, that's your misfortune.

Your Monday morning quarterbacking is just that, since you never spent any time at Shafter as a "student," therefore you have no knowledge of what really goes on there. All induction centers are not the same.

Why do you hide behind a screen name? Don't you have the balls to put your real name out there? Yet you call ME a fraud, demanding this and that from myself, Karly, and others. Well, you can demand with one hand, and shit in the other, and see which one fills up fastest. The site is going to stay right where it is, and there's nothing you can do about it except complain on these boards, hiding behind a pseudonym.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »
A man who hides for a year in a program to avoid a year in county jail isn't tough.
......................................................................................................

He's smart. A man who is afraid to post his real name when challenged to do so is a coward.

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 01:31:11 AM »
A man who hides for a year in a program to avoid a year in county jail isn't tough.
......................................................................................................

He's smart. A man who is afraid to post his real name when challenged to do so is a coward.

What is your obsession with my name? I already told you, you don't know me.

Keep puffing your chest up, Michael. Every post you make I see exactly the person I first thought you were. I fyou were going to spit in someone's face you would have done it when they offended you. You are nothing but an immature little boy hiding in a man's body.

Yes, you are a fraud. You entered a program under fraudulent circumstances, remained in that program under fraudulent circumstances, had no intention of trying that program, just used it to stay out of jail ( like all tough guys, do, right, Michael?), celebrated completing it by getting drunk, and then 3 years later created a website to attack that program, declaring that it doesn't work because you got drunk the first day afterward, when you had no intention of quitting to begin with. You then presented yourself as representing all fo the people who had suffered at the hands of that program, as if you had an S on your chest.  You are a fraud.

I asked you a number of questions on your topix.net thread and you ran. You have yet to answer those questions. When I asked them over there you reacted the same way you have here. You puffed out your chest and screamed insults. "we're playing by MY rules now". Isn't that what you said? You can't stand being challenged without resorting to empty threats. AM I to believe you spent an entire year with people in your face threatening violence and worse and just took it? Like I said--a fraud.

Offline Growler Sandue

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 11:21:30 AM »
How do you know he doesn't know you if you won't post your name? Seems like a small thing to ask. What are you afraid of?  :question:

Just wondering.

Offline Firebird81

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Growler Sandue""
How do you know he doesn't know you if you won't post your name? Seems like a small thing to ask. What are you afraid of?  :question:

Just wondering.

I was gone from teen challenge for 3 years before Michael entered the program. By the time he came around only staff members would have known me. Michael already posted the personal phone number of some poor shmuck he thought was me, showing his immaturity. I could only imagine all of the stupid things he would do if he had my name. So, no, he will not be getting that. Besides, it's driving him crazy.

Offline Karly

• View Profile
    • http://karlycordaloni.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
Quote from: ""Firebird81""
Yes please go to all of those. You will see a recurring theme.

Yes people!- Please take firebirds advice and visit all of those links I have posted on the 1st post in this thread!  I have even posted a couple of new links and I will continue to add more!  And yes- the recurring theme is that there is mounting evidence that proves that Teen Challenge isn't all it's cracked up to be!  

You gotta love Teen Challenge's self-reported program success rates!

Offline MeAndHer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 06:02:02 PM »
I know someone who went through Teen Challenge about 2 years or so ago.  Farce was the word he used to describe it.  Forced  confessions, shoving the belief in an Invisible Sky Wizard down their throats (berating anyone who dares to question), threats of Hellfire and Damnation everywhere and the cherry on top of this twisted little place......Teen Challenge gets a TON of shit donated to them....food, all kinds of sundries, beverages and an assortment of other things.  The vast majority of these "donations" end up going out he back door of the place and into the trunks of employees cars.

Now cap that off with the fact that they receive Federal $$$$ (W's fucking faith based shit) and you've got just another run-of-the-mill mind-rape facility.  This one just uses religion to justify what they do.

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modu ... oryid=6243

by Mike McManus
June 29, 2007

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected a lawsuit by a 5-4 vote filed by The Freedom from Religion Foundation to terminate President Bush's Office of Faith-based and Community Initiatives. The Foundation calls itself the nation's largest atheist organization.

"Had Justice O'Connor remained on the court, as she was when we filed this lawsuit, we are confident this would have been a 5-4 decision in our favor," said the Foundation's president.

When he was Governor of Texas, Bush came across "Teen Challenge" a drug addict recovery program which had a very high success rate because it emphasized the importance of making a commitment to Christ, to seek His help to overcome the addiction. It was 3-4 times more effective than secular programs, but could not get funded because it was "faith-based."

Therefore, one of his first actions as president was to create the Faith-Based & Community Initiatives Office in the White House and in major federal agencies whose goal was to ensure that "private and charitable groups, including religious ones...have the fullest opportunity permitted by law to compete on a level playing field" for federal grants.

In fiscal 2005 seven federal agencies awarded $2.1 billion to religious charities, up 16 percent from 2003, and represented 11 percent of the grants from those agencies for such programs as substance abuse treatment, housing for AIDS patients, community re-entry for inmates, housing for homeless veterans and emergency food assistance. However, none of the federal money can be used to proselytize, only to provide services.

The President praised the decision as a "substantial victory" for "strengthening America's armies of compassion. Those in need are better served when government draws in the strengths of every willing community partner - secular and faith-based."

The atheists filed a suit on grounds it made the government "vehicles of religious propaganda." It alleged that faith-based groups "are singled out as being particularly worthy of federal funding," and that believers are "insiders and favored members of the political community."

Regrettably, the Court did not deal with such arguments directly, but decided on technical grounds that the Foundation did not have "standing" to sue since its officers only did so only as taxpayers, and did not "allege personal injury."

"It is a complete fiction to argue that an unconstitutional federal expenditure causes an individual federal taxpayer any measurable economic harm," wrote Justice Samuel Alito for the majority. "If every federal taxpayer could sue to challenge any Government expenditure, the federal courts would cease to function as courts of law and would be cast in the role of general complaint bureaus."

The atheists rested their case on a decision in 1968 of Faust v. Cohen, to allow a challenge to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act created to improve education of the poor, that allowed some of its hundreds of millions to go to parochial schools. The Court ruled that violated the First Amendment which says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

However, Congress passed no law to create the small faith-based office. Rather, the President simply assigning the task to several staff in the White House plus perhaps 40 people in 11 agencies. The Court noted the lawsuit cited "no statute whose application they challenge."

The lawsuit did allege that it is "arbitrary" to distinguish between a Congressional mandate and a decision by the Executive branch, because both are supporting religion with "funds exacted from taxpayers."

Interestingly, Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas agreed with the challengers that the Faust exception muddied the waters, saying "there is no intellectual justification" for halting some funding for faith-based work while allow others. They wanted to actually overturn the 1968 ruling that they called "an inkblot on our jurisprudence," but voted with the majority on the more narrow position, that the atheists lacked standing and could cite no Congressional action to create the office.

Justice David Souter, writing for the minority, charged, "The controlling opinion closes the door on these taxpayers because the Executive Branch and not the Legislative Branch, caused their injury. I see no basis for this distinction in either logic or precedent, and respectfully dissent."

However the Freedom from Religion Foundation saw a "silver lining" in the fact the Faust decision was not overturned. Bush's two appointees to the Court, Roberts and Alito, are conservative, but are incrementalists, who balance previous Court rulings with new challenges.

Nevertheless, Jay Sekulow, chief counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice which filed a brief supporting Administration, called the decision "a very significant victory."

---Michael J. McManus is a syndicated columnist writing on "Ethics & Religion". He is President & Co-Chair of Marriage Savers.

He lives with his wife in Potomac, MD.

I don't care if you or anyone else wants to believe in their adult fairy tales, but don't use MY fucking tax dollars to support it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: A Few Websites To Read Other's Thoughts on Teen Challenge
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »
Teen challenge just opened up down the street from my house. . . . I posted "I brake for children fleeling abusive drug rehabs" bumpersticker on their vehicles.  Didn't last long, was taken off pretty soon.   Too bad; DFAF recommends them?  Then it must be a shit place to be!