Author Topic: Coming into Group High  (Read 6422 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« on: May 02, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »
I can no longer relate to a majority of you.  I might as well go to a Star Trek Convention with Chris Poole dressed as a Kelvin and try to get laid after drinking a 6 pack of ZIMA.

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-07-29 14:57 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Coming into Group High
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »
I remember I never was suspicious of any of the upper phasers getting high.  I was on first phase for all but 1 week of my 9 months there, so I had limited ability to observe.  In the host homes and late in the day when the 3rd, 4th & 5th phasers would be coming into the building, I don't remember anything suspicious about any of them.  No one ever even smelled like nicotine.  This was in 1988 Atlanta Straight.  I think the trend at the time was to just cop out and then do drugs.  That's what I did.  

I left my bedroom on 2nd phase, went to the garage & huffed gas, went to Atlanta & got some hash, drank beer with some workers in their communal housing, etc.  I was gone for 3 weeks living with friends & stuff.  

The amazing thing is that I didn't start smoking cigarettes again while I was copped out!  Cigarettes were my main thing before I went into Straight.  I don't remember why, but I think it's just because I could not afford cigarettes.

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-05-02 17:35 ]

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »
I was not aware of anyone getting high before coming into group. I can remember a few times that some 7 steppers had been getting high and coming into the back of group, then suddenly they were placed in the blue chairs with the rest of us.  
As for me, I had my back operated on while I was on 4th phase. I was all doped up on Lortabs and Percodans, that was pretty strange cause I was messed up on them and had been on morphine and demerol in the hospital, but it was "justified" by the fact that I had this major surgery. I played major "head games" for a while about how that had killed my sobriety. If my memory is correct, I was not allowed to come to the building for about three weeks after the surgery so I would not be as heavily "medicated" while I was in there. When I did go back to group, it was strange, cause I was still taking them. About a week after the surgery, I remember that one of the host sisters had found them in my mom's room and taken a bunch. Naturally, I was accused of it, brought into group,fucked up as a turnip on the very things that were being questioned, and pounded by executives. They did such a good job of trying to break me into admitting that I had taken them, they did not allow but one or two in group to confront me.It went on for hours, screaming at me, telling me that I was full of shit, and to "get honest".  I think every exec was in there, I was scared shitless, but at the same time, I was not guilty so I did not care what was said. (Plus, like I said, I was on major doses) I had already endured hours of confrontation at home by my mom, and the host family and sisters, so I was sortof numb in my fear. I do remember that I almost laughed at them all.  In fact, I was told to get the smirk off my face or be started over. I had the smirk because I knew that I did not have to steal them, all I had to do was ask. Shit, even the drug screen that I had to give them did not indicate that I had taken too many. BTW, the host sister copped out that night, and when she returned, she admitted that she had stolen them, and that was the reason she left. So, the tables turned, little miss "blow me away" was started over, and had to apologize in group for the hell she had put me thru. BUT, I never got one apology from the Execs who spent hours trying to get me to admit to that shit!! I suppose that would have taken humility, something that was lacking.
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »
I look back at that night 20 years later and I ask myself, why the hell did they stop yelling at me. It was like, one minute, Milnichuk and Crow Tilley, and Letha Yost were all in my face, and the next thing I know, they are just stopped. It was the strangest thing. All this commotion, then nothing. I think it was right after I said, "just let me the fuck out of here".Keep in mind, I had been told that I was court ordered to the program at 24 years old. I did not know at the time I could have walked right out the door. I was never court ordered to any program. Perhaps they believed me, I don't know. Maybe they figured that after hours of the shit, I would have broken if I had been guilty. Weird.

Offline pepper53190

• View Profile
    • http://queenjennifer.com
Coming into Group High
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 03:23:00 AM »
Never heard of too many people getting high, but they sure did get laid.  5th phasers doing Jr staff, Sr staff sending love letterd to Newcomers.  Some got busted smoking or huffing something, not getting a buzz but got started over. What a waste.  When I copped out I think I realized on my own that I didn't want to drink anymore, I think because it was a personal choice I never drank again.

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Coming into Group High
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »
During my program I was not aware of Oldcomers getting high.  In fact it wasn't until I had been 7th Stepped for a while did I learn that a kid named Bruce who at this time was a Staff Trainee had been getting high since 3RD PHASE.  
He was sent to another program for a start over.  I don't know if he 7th Stepped again.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 12:25:00 AM »
You know, a few months ago I posted about not really remembering ever being yelled at in group. I do believe that this was the only time, the above post, that I was ever confronted like that. I have been haunted by that dreaded day of hours of staff in my face all day today. Being as foggy as I was after the surgery it was quite a trip to have this go on for so long.And, it is an even bigger trip for me to have this in my head all day today, so many years later.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 01:28:00 AM »
yep

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-07-29 15:00 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 09:11:00 AM »
I am always a little leary about telling stories I heard about people getting high in group. After I left staff, there was this poor schlock that I knew from NA up here who got to listen to a staff member tell stories about how I used to get high and lead raps. Uh, no!

That being said there were several incidents in ATL I can recall. There was a group of 5th phase trainees that went out on a date, they did smoke, but I am unsure about anything else, there was this one kid from CA that supposedly would drop acid and come into group (I find this one very hard to believe), there was a female Jr. who did get fired for smoking dope and most likely more no one ever heard about. That "No talking behind backs" thing.

CL

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »
Clay, was that Jr who got fired there in 1988?

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »
Yep
CL

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »
I forget who were Junior and Senior staff.  Were Jodi and April Senior?  I bet it was someone still on phases in 1988 who then moved up to staff later.  Who got fired?  If you don't want to say, that's ok.  Just ignore this question & I won't bug ya.  :smile:

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »
IT was a Jr. but neither Jodi nor April. I'm not going to say because as I mentioned before all this kind of information had a tight lid put of it. I liked the person and have/had a great deal of respect for them. I had heard the Mike married April and know Mike has at least been here once. As he was a Sr. I can't blame him for not ever posting, hell, I wouldn't either.

CL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 02:50:00 AM »
I drank a bottle of Robitussin on 4th phase and picked up a third phaser from work. We headed back toward the building. I almost puked and made a hiccup burp sound like "gnarrffelouu" and a drop of robo from my tummy landed on the steering wheel. Steve Gilbert, the third phaser, laughed not understanding how I could make such an unnatural sound. I'm glad he thought it was funny and not scary, because I was nauseas and paranoid as I had relapsed and we were heading back to the building. We weren't in group long before it was time to go. I was standing heal to toe with a newcomer or two's belt loops in my hands. It was then that I remember the Robo kicking in and becoming trippy. I had to ask a Staff member for something and talked really strained and messed up. Bret Stenhouse didn't seem to notice anything wrong with me. Straight high was far more pleasant though than any other way. I think I did it just to get back in touch with pre-Straight reality, it was reassuring that it was there for me should I want to go back.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Coming into Group High
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2004, 12:36:00 AM »
I used my entire 3rd phase before I was pulled.
I had a sack buried out behind the middle school along with a lighter and papers..
 I got dropped off at school an hour and half early because the school was in a suburb town away from the building in richardson..and whats insane is I cant remember what town it was /boggle..I stayed at the H**l host home
 I was also flirting with girls at school, calling my old friends in Midland on the pay phone..the whole bit. I just remember that lil bit of smoke lasting a long time in there...never got caught...then I was pulled from the program...

Heres the even stranger part...after I got out I stayed dry bone fucking sober for 2 yearsfor some reason I felt the need to get high in Straight..but touched nothing just weeks later after I was pulled for 2 years..hmm
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed