Author Topic: where can i find stories of kids who have been through  (Read 2164 times)

Offline lulli

• View Profile
where can i find stories of kids who have been through
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »
one of these brainwashing schools. I want to know how they think it effected the way they function today. if someone could direct me please......thanx
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:57:39 AM »
I don't know of any...  I think the forums, Fornits and others, are the only source I can think of off-hand.  IsacCorp might have a few, but not addressing the issue of "how they function today."

For myself, this experience has indelibly shaped pretty much all the key areas of my life.  Perhaps to an outside observer I might seem "normal."  I am after all, still walking around breathing and not committing any overt crimes.  Inside of my head, however, it is a different story.

It has affected relationships:  with my parents, to be sure, for obvious reasons; with my siblings, since they still to this day have no clue or appreciation for what I went through; with my friendships, I have a "secret past;" with my romantic entanglements, since I am less able to be a fully functioning partner for a variety of key reasons.  It has affected career choices:  I opted for lower on the totem pole than I might have endeavored to otherwise, and in an area that did not give me the kind of happiness that I might have shot for, had I not been so afraid to take risks.  And all around:  I am less able to recognize injustice and egregious treatment of myself and, even when I do, I feel paralyzed to do anything about it in a constructive manner.

I have never been able to seriously seek professional counseling for this.  I have a deep and inherent distrust of anyone in the psych establishment after what I went through.  What few experiences I've had with therapists have only solidified this distrust; perhaps I've been unlucky with incompetents.  However, I do believe few in this field have experience, let alone schooling, in dealing with the repercussions of brainwashing along with attendant abuse.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: where can i find stories of kids who have been through
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:15:20 AM »
Quote from: ""lulli""
one of these brainwashing schools. I want to know how they think it effected the way they function today. if someone could direct me please......thanx

well... if you want an interview.  pm me and i'll send you more contact info ( phone number etc... ).  This forum is loaded with survivors, so finding them shouldn't be hard.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:15:22 PM »
You can find them everywhere. Search up and low, left and right.
Surely will you find something is a yes the answer you of course want and are going to hear because it is the correct response in this case.
I wish you good will on your journey of discovery.
Only a program survivor can answer how it is effecting them now.
I have to ask you good fellow, are you in search of that question or the first more? Good luck , although I do not think you will need it.
There are many helpful people all over the world.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »
Being locked up from 12-16 (Heritage School, & Cross Creek Manor) basically made it so when I did get out I was 4 years behind everyone else emotionally speaking.

Since I wasn't in a normal enviroment, I missed out on normal teenage growing pains. This followed me into my 20's, and even now, I feel like I am still a child. I don't know if it was because I was told what to do 24/7 for 4 years of my life, but I don't feel like an adult. I feel like I am still 16. It is pretty strange.

Like others here, I put a pretty good game face on. Nobody knows whats really going on in this head of mine, even me LOL!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
answer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »
i read some stories on straight.com

my story - happened 17 years ago. now i suffer permanent brain damage, i cannot function normally and must take anti-depressants. i have no contact with my parents whatsoever. i am confused about good and bad, right and wrong, truth and falsehood. the relentless torture us survivors went through made us crazy. why and what for. it was on purpose and if it was an experiement to see how many of us would come out with PTSD. guess what, it's 100 percent. but the real reason as many have stated before, it is simply child abuse for fun and profit.

want to see it for real - watch nick gaglia's movie OVER THE GW, and prepare to be disturbed beyond words.

thanks for listening

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: answer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:10:55 AM »
Quote from: ""whogivesa fuck""
i read some stories on straight.com

my story - happened 17 years ago. now i suffer permanent brain damage, i cannot function normally and must take anti-depressants. i have no contact with my parents whatsoever. i am confused about good and bad, right and wrong, truth and falsehood. the relentless torture us survivors went through made us crazy. why and what for. it was on purpose and if it was an experiement to see how many of us would come out with PTSD. guess what, it's 100 percent. but the real reason as many have stated before, it is simply child abuse for fun and profit.

want to see it for real - watch nick gaglia's movie OVER THE GW, and prepare to be disturbed beyond words.

thanks for listening

wow are you a doctor? you seem to know what everyone suffered. and nick should hire you to promote his movie although i would go about it a bit differently i wouldnt want to watch a movie where everyone was the same thats boring. gotta have a few fuckers go postal and kill a staff member or something!!!

Thats what I CALL CRAZY! PTSD is nothing! HAHAHAH! oops, damn I can't edit this can I?  MODERATOR?!?!?! lol

Offline basketball

• View Profile
what are you talking about
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 12:55:06 AM »
?    what are you talking about?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: answer
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:45:37 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
wow are you a doctor? you seem to know what everyone suffered. and nick should hire you to promote his movie although i would go about it a bit differently i wouldnt want to watch a movie where everyone was the same thats boring. gotta have a few fuckers go postal and kill a staff member or something!!!

Thats what I CALL CRAZY! PTSD is nothing! HAHAHAH! oops, damn I can't edit this can I?  MODERATOR?!?!?! lol

:rofl: ::madclown:: :skull: :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 09:17:24 AM »
and thank GOD no one has killed anyone, except i heard a kid in texas killed his parents.
p.s.
we don't hafta kill em - they'll be sucking the devil's dick in hell for eternity. that will be tuff, when they all get lock jaw