Author Topic: Peninsula Village Q/A thread  (Read 41355 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village Q/A thread
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
I'm curious as it seems that more time seems to be spent in the STU/BAAU than in the outdoors groups.

At any rate can you describe a typical day in the BAAU vs Outdoors group?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:59 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
I'm curious as it seems that more time seems to be spent in the STU/BAAU than in the outdoors groups.

At any rate can you describe a typical day in the BAAU vs Outdoors group?

Well I can't find the schedules that were taken home with me, so I'll repost what was on the Fornits Wiki:

STU/AAU

Cabins

Not all of this is completely accurate anymore, but it gives a general idea. Also, there are schedule differences between the female and male sides that the above posted schedules don't reflect.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
I asked because I wanted to see if the schedule had changed any. Could you illustrate any differences that you are aware of?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »
I asked because I wanted to see if the schedule had changed any. Could you illustrate any differences that you are aware of?

For the STU/AAU schedule:

- not sure what these things called "Morning activity" "Afternoon activity" and "Evening activity" are, don't remember them being a part of the everyday routine
- no "Priority time" after lunch
- "School" was not common
- the way this schedule is written, it makes the day seem like there is something planned for every moment of the day. This is not true- most of these activities are very short, and the time inbetween is "Quiet time"

For the Cabin schedule:

- no "Meditation @ YC"
- "Group therapy @ cabin" usually wasn't at the cabin
- "Tai Chi" was done once or twice while I was there, not a part of the everyday routine
- there were no "porta"s at the boys cabins. if you needed to go to the bathroom in the night you have to wake everyone up and go in the woods, with staff supervision of course
- a very large amount of the day is spent walking back and forth between the school, YC, cabins, garden, med station, ext.
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »
Could you describe your impressions of Group therapy in the Outdoors groups?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2007, 08:43:44 PM »

The first thing that comes into my mind is "false confessions". If you confess something about your past, staff and peers will try to coerce you into admitting to more. The pressure is huge, so many patients end up making their drug or alcohol problems out to be much more severe than they really were. Some would cave in and also admit completely false deeds just to "fit in". Staff will push patients to "hold peers accountable", which usually results in harassment between patients, with the hope of moving up and out of the program.
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »
Quote from: ""act.da""
The first thing that comes into my mind is "false confessions". If you confess something about your past, staff and peers will try to coerce you into admitting to more. The pressure is huge, so many patients end up making their drug or alcohol problems out to be much more severe than they really were. Some would cave in and also admit completely false deeds just to "fit in". Staff will push patients to "hold peers accountable", which usually results in harassment between patients, with the hope of moving up and out of the program.

Could you explain how they coherce you into giving false confessions?

What kind of harrassment are we talking about between patients?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »

Could you explain how they coherce you into giving false confessions?

What kind of harrassment are we talking about between patients?

Staff saying things like "you won't get anywhere with treatment unless you tell us the truth" and "do you know how long we've kept kids here before?". They will tell other patients to single out their peers, or neither of them will progress through the program. I specifically remember one incident where a staff member exclaiming to a patient in group therapy "ride their ass!", in reference to that patient verbally intimidating another patient into confessing to something he didn't do.
<&/PV>

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »
3.5 months... Does PV charge more per diem for the BAAU than the Outdoor program?
Hmm... I can't answer that question with much confidence either way, but I don't think that one costs more than the other. Again, I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Quick note to Che:  It does cost more for the lockdown/BAAU/STU.  It seems the length of time in the lockdown is determined by the funding available to the patient.  Private pay, more private hell.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
3.5 months... Does PV charge more per diem for the BAAU than the Outdoor program?
Hmm... I can't answer that question with much confidence either way, but I don't think that one costs more than the other. Again, I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Quick note to Che:  It does cost more for the lockdown/BAAU/STU.  It seems the length of time in the lockdown is determined by the funding available to the patient.  Private pay, more private hell.

I'm almost betting the cost per diem is higher for the BAAU than the outdoors groups. Almost every single PV survivor I've encountered on these here exalted fori have demonstrated a remarkablely longer stay in the BAAU than the outdoors groups.

Lemme look into it.. I know someone who might be able to help sort this matter out.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »
Staff saying things like "you won't get anywhere with treatment unless you tell us the truth" and "do you know how long we've kept kids here before?". They will tell other patients to single out their peers, or neither of them will progress through the program. I specifically remember one incident where a staff member exclaiming to a patient in group therapy "ride their ass!", in reference to that patient verbally intimidating another patient into confessing to something he didn't do.

How long do these sessions last?

How hard are the residents encouraged to intimidate each other?

How often is this intimidation encouraged?

Does progress in the program seem linked to carrying out the staff's verbal directions to "ride their ass"?

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""

As of late 2006
STU is $425.00 per day
Open Village Program $380.00 per day
This amount does not include physician and "other professional charges"
Also, "other ancillary charges such as pharmacy and laboratory, etc..."
I think this figure is mentioned somewhere else on the board, but deposits of $8700.00 up front, $8700.00 for the first full month of admission and $8700.00 reserved for the last month of service are required no later than the first day of admission.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2007, 04:43:05 AM »
Hmmm... ok does anyone see here the problem with charging more for the STU than the open village program?? Or is it just me??

I also can't for the life of me believe that they charge extra for a take down. If it was my program I'd fine the counselors everytime they couldn't demonstrate the take down was in response to an IMMEDIATE threat to the wellbeing of the client or to another client.

Fricking wierdos.

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »
Sorry about disappearing for awhile, real life had me tied up for a bit.
Finally got that video up on YouTube:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIzh6eg8lI4
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »