Author Topic: Peninsula Village Q/A thread  (Read 41426 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village Q/A thread
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2007, 11:17:27 AM »
nimdA wrote:
Describe the showering and bathing situation. What would happen if you took to long in the shower?

There were only showers. Staff time you in the shower, and they give a VERY small amount of time to shower. Staff will actually start your time before you even make it into the bathroom, so patients sometimes wouldn't even bother trying to take a shower. Staff had no problem pulling patients out of the shower with a full head of shampoo, this caused severe dandruff and occasionally lice

To clarify:

Do you mean make the resident leave the shower by threatening them with consquences OR physically taking ahold of a nude resident and forcing them out of the shower?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2007, 11:56:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
nimdA wrote:
Describe the showering and bathing situation. What would happen if you took to long in the shower?

There were only showers. Staff time you in the shower, and they give a VERY small amount of time to shower. Staff will actually start your time before you even make it into the bathroom, so patients sometimes wouldn't even bother trying to take a shower. Staff had no problem pulling patients out of the shower with a full head of shampoo, this caused severe dandruff and occasionally lice

To clarify:

Do you mean make the resident leave the shower by threatening them with consquences OR physically taking ahold of a nude resident and forcing them out of the shower?

They'll literally rip you right out of the shower. I actually heard that one staff member got fired or quit after taking advantage of a similar situation and fondling a patient. Not surprising though, it seems like alot of shady sexual stuff goes on there.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2007, 12:02:43 PM »
Please elaborate on this "sexual stuff" by citing examples to the best of your knowledge.

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »
Please elaborate on this "sexual stuff" by citing examples to the best of your knowledge.

Well there was that staff member that I heard about from an alumni, he said the staff member worked in STU and fondled a patient either during a restraint or a strip-search, the staff member disappeared (either fired or quit) shortly after.  Then there was the femal staff that was into bondage, alot of people know about that one. There is one incident that I am a bit weary to post very much about, but I will say that it involved two patients..
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2007, 05:03:18 PM »
Any sort of state or police involvement in either events?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2007, 10:44:59 PM »

I don't know for sure about the first two situations, as I wasn't there to know exactly what happened. As for the incident between the two patients, there was no action by outside groups of any sort - the only people PV alerted to this situation were the parents. The families of both the patients were notified once the patients told what had happened, days later. Again, out of respect for the patients I don't want to go into too much detail about this. You can ask more questions about it, I'll just find a way to answer without disclosing the information I'd like to keep private.
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2007, 07:19:03 AM »
Quote from: ""act.da""
I don't know for sure about the first two situations, as I wasn't there to know exactly what happened. As for the incident between the two patients, there was no action by outside groups of any sort - the only people PV alerted to this situation were the parents. The families of both the patients were notified once the patients told what had happened, days later. Again, out of respect for the patients I don't want to go into too much detail about this. You can ask more questions about it, I'll just find a way to answer without disclosing the information I'd like to keep private.

I understand your position well enough to support your desire to respect patient privacy. At times I've been tempted to relate some fairly intense events of all sorts of natures, but I've decided against it as I wanted to respect the privacy of the person or persons involved.

So onto the next question..

Were the state or local authorities ever called to PV? If yes what were they called to the facility for and what was the outcome?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

I understand your position well enough to support your desire to respect patient privacy. At times I've been tempted to relate some fairly intense events of all sorts of natures, but I've decided against it as I wanted to respect the privacy of the person or persons involved.

Were the state or local authorities ever called to PV? If yes what were they called to the facility for and what was the outcome?

To my knowledge, no outside law enforcement agencies were ever called while I was at PV. There were many times that other patients and I would have jumped at the chance to call 911 if we could, but of course that wouldn't be allowed. Not sure how much good it would do even if we could.
<&/PV>

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »

To my knowledge, no outside law enforcement agencies were ever called while I was at PV. There were many times that other patients and I would have jumped at the chance to call 911 if we could, but of course that wouldn't be allowed. Not sure how much good it would do even if we could.

Hey, act.da.  Are you aware of PV having their own security staff?  The Blount County Sheriff's Department claims they do, and I've seen in a patient's records that PV security was called to find out why I was on PV property.  More specifically, to find out why I was pissing on the side of one of their buildings.  They missed me, of course.  

The Blount Sheriff's dep't. refused to do a welfare check on a child at PV, claiming PV had their own security, and the Sheriff would only go to PV if the program called them.

Your postings above are alarming.  The PM's on Fornits are not the most secure way to communicate - can you PM me an e-mail address?
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Hey, act.da.  Are you aware of PV having their own security staff?  The Blount County Sheriff's Department claims they do, and I've seen in a patient's records that PV security was called to find out why I was on PV property.  More specifically, to find out why I was pissing on the side of one of their buildings.  They missed me, of course.  

The Blount Sheriff's dep't. refused to do a welfare check on a child at PV, claiming PV had their own security, and the Sheriff would only go to PV if the program called them.

When I was at PV, they did have one "security guard". It was really just some old guy that rode around PV in a little tan car with an amber light and a magnetic "Security" sticker on the side. I didn't really see the point of him being there except for intimidation, he looked physically useless.
<&/PV>

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
The PM's on Fornits are not the most secure way to communicate - can you PM me an e-mail address?

Done. If anyone else wants it, just PM me.
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »
How much time did you spend with a regular group after your STU stay?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
How much time did you spend with a regular group after your STU stay?

I'm not sure I understand your question, if you mean the outdoor program or another program all together.
In my 10 months at PV I spent about 3 1/2 months in the outdoor program and about 6 1/2 months in STU (or BAAU as they call it now)
<&/PV>

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »
3.5 months... Does PV charge more per diem for the BAAU than the Outdoor program?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2007, 07:39:15 PM »
3.5 months... Does PV charge more per diem for the BAAU than the Outdoor program?

Hmm... I can't answer that question with much confidence either way, but I don't think that one costs more than the other. Again, I'm not 100% sure on that one.
<&/PV>