Author Topic: Who wins the prize as the most Cult like program?  (Read 18338 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who wins the prize as the most Cult like program?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2008, 07:15:31 AM »
The Cult-like activity is much more significant in the program-parent interaction as the program needs to gain and maintain control over the thinking processes of a grown adult who can walk out at any time. Therefore inmho the most cultlike group is WWASPS using the Gilcrease model seminars.

Not necessarily, they can always boot the parents out if they do walk. But the program keeps the kid.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
Re: Who wins the prize as the most Cult like program?
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »
I agree that at least during the time the teen is incarcerated it's the parents who must be a main focus of the cult. They have to be. No brainwashed parent, no money, no teen cash cow, no program. Later, it is the teen who is left with the scars.

But a burning question is: What is the prize?. Discuss.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:23 AM »
You ever donkey punch someone with your monkey's fist?

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »
No but had I gotten a one-year I could have used it as a weapon. it had braided strands. by the time I got my one year there was not anyone sober enough to make me one. also I did not tell them it had been a year. Granted  "donkey punch" is not what you might be thinking. Not sure if you meant that in a vulgar way to insult me, but you might want to look that one up.

Moving on now. yes PDAP was early STRAIGHT, INC. We were just more hippieish. but there were inventories after inventories.

Here is the part of the interview that was so true:

MAN: No. As a matter of fact, we're led to believe that we can't make it without the program, which I think is a- one of the greatest disservices that's done to anybody that goes through the program. Because I think many people who leave, who naturally leave and who could be considered successes of the program, basically fail because the message is there: I cannot succeed without these people and without this program.

Yep, I was told that as I left for college 2000 miles away where there was no PDAP.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »
Quote from: "iamartsy"
No but had I gotten a one-year I could have used it as a weapon. it had braided strands. by the time I got my one year there was not anyone sober enough to make me one. also I did not tell them it had been a year. Granted  "donkey punch" is not what you might be thinking. Not sure if you meant that in a vulgar way to insult me, but you might want to look that one up.

I'm pretty sure he knows what it means, but i'm sure he meant no offense.  He's just pathologically crass like that.  You get used to it.  Everybody around here has at one point in time been offended by him.  I assure you, it's nothing personal.  That being said, he has a good heart if you get to know him... a bit crazy, though.  You should probably brace yourself if you're easily offended.  The above tames in comparison to some of his other forum ... contributions.

Moving on now. yes PDAP was early STRAIGHT, INC. We were just more hippieish. but there were inventories after inventories.

Here is the part of the interview that was so true:

MAN: No. As a matter of fact, we're led to believe that we can't make it without the program, which I think is a- one of the greatest disservices that's done to anybody that goes through the program. Because I think many people who leave, who naturally leave and who could be considered successes of the program, basically fail because the message is there: I cannot succeed without these people and without this program.

Yep, I was told that as I left for college 2000 miles away where there was no PDAP.

It definately sounds a lot most of the programs talked about around here, but I could find little mention of it on a seach of Fornits.  My guess is because most discussion about that particular program is probably confined to that site (as discussion about KIDS is mostly confined to their own discussion board).  There is a link to that site from here, though, so Ginger (who assembled that page) might know more about Meehan.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »
Che,

sorry to come down on you so hard. Yes, I wanted to "donkey punch" someone with my fist, but I did not. I have chronic bronchitis and take codeine cough syrup when it is bad. Because I measured it out at night before I went to bed (there were not 12 hour doses back then), they considered that a slip. I had to give up my fist and start over. It really sucked and confused me for many years. I now know I have to take the stuff or I won't breathe at night. So screw them, my sobriety date is May 18th, 1982 not July 4th. Okay, I drink a little (sip here and there), I am still sober compared to what i did in my youth.

Thanks, and had I gotten my one year it might have been a weapon of sorts. I would not have worn it. It looked goofy.

Offline Anonymous Artist

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 12:04:01 AM »
CEDU stands for Charles E. Dedrich University (not See-Do, which is what we had been told as inmates).  Dedrich was the founder of the Church of Synanon: a very famous cult in California.  You can read all about it by doing a Wikipedia search for Synanon.  One of his key hunchbacks, Mel Wasserman, founded CEDU.  I think that's about as close to a cult as an "emotional growth" school can get.  I wouldn't be surprised if the entire CEDU staff had been comprised of Synanon members.

With that being said, I don't feel there's any contest to see who endured the most cult-like abuse.  We were all brutalized, so it doesn't matter whether your school was a 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation CEDU clone.  They're all evil.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »
My guess is because most discussion about that particular program is probably confined to that site (as discussion about KIDS is mostly confined to their own discussion board). There is a link to that site from here, though, so Ginger (who assembled that page) might know more about Meehan.
Ginger designed the page on Meehan that is on http://http://ontheemmis.com/pathway_s_problematic_preachings? I am confused. on this point. Please expound. The points made are correct in what I know about Meehan. Many of us were gay, but had to hide it and ended up dating each other. You can imagine where that went.

But yes, we were all in Cult like programs. They all use the same principles, "break you down, and then theoretically build you back up. None of the programs I was in built me back up, and I fight with that to this day.