Author Topic: The program is on the outside.  (Read 5274 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
The program is on the outside.
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:54:43 PM »
$tr8 is a metaphor for the entire western market economy, authoritarian society.  Everywhere in the west, where there is an authority there is the program.  $tr8 was manifested out of a powerful social and personal fear of lawlessness and anarchy.  It is the cult of deception and illusion.

cop-out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Salad Fingers

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
Why Starry Eyed Pirate, you taste just like sunshine dust!
ay I inquire where you keep your spoons?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 04:41:30 PM »
BLOGMYWAY NEWS beta 2 Home » Politics » Maia Szalavitz: The Pain Police: Hurwitz Case Shows Doctors Can Be Healers or Cops-- Not Both

Maia Szalavitz: The Pain Police: Hurwitz Case Shows Doctors Can Be Healers or Cops-- Not Both
Avatar Posted by god 2 days ago (http://www.huffingtonpost.com) View profile
Category: Politics
According to a jury in Virginia, a doctor can genuinely believe he is treating pain by prescribing opioids, have no intent to sell drugs, make no money at it and otherwise behave as a compassionate healer-- and still deserve to go to prison like a street pusher a result.

That's the essence of the bizarrely mixed verdict in the trial of William Hurwitz, in which the pain doctor was convicted of 16 counts of drug trafficking. Hurwitz originally faced 50 drug-related charges, including trafficking resulting in death-- but the judge dismissed the 17 most serious charges and the jury acquitted him on 17 other counts.

John Tierney of the New York Times (who has been a hero to pain patients on this issue and is one of the few mainstream journalists to cover it comprehensively) interviewed three of the jurors to try to make sense of the verdict.

One told him, describing patients who faked pain to get drugs to sell, "Those patients used the doctor shamelessly...They exploited him. I didn't see him getting anything financial out of it. Many of his patients weren't even paying him. He had to believe that he was just treating them for pain."

Said another, "There was no financial benefit to him that was very evident to us...It was a really hard case for all of us. I think that Dr. Hurwitz really did care about his patients."

Nonetheless, he was convicted of drug trafficking "knowingly and intentionally" and "as conventionally understood." The jurors explained their decision by saying that he "fell down on the job" and missed "red flags" that should have told him that the patients were not what they seemed.

When asked whether that should have simply resulted in a malpractice judgment, rather than a criminal conviction, one said, "I don't know that I know enough to be clear about that gray area between malpractice and out of bounds [the criminal standard]." Another said, "We had to just go with our gut."

This is not justice. A law that can produce such muddle-headed thinking cannot stand. How can doctors be expected to treat pain in these circumstances? If you can be convicted of drug trafficking for failing to detect an addict's lies-- or for simply believing that addicts are human beings who can suffer pain and addiction simultaneously-- why on earth would you take the risk?

Says Siobhan Reynolds of the Pain Relief Network, "They said that he 'fell down on the job.' The question is, 'What's the job?' Hurwitz didn't fail as a doctor, he failed as a law enforcement officer."

She adds, "What this indicates in a society-wide acceptance of the law enforcement role imposed on medicine by the Controlled Substances Act. It is a fully unexamined assumption, unexamined by organized medicine, ethicists or human rights groups."

Do we as a society really want physicians to serve first as police officers, and only if we are judged innocent of addiction or the potential for it, only then to treat pain? Do we want doctors to have as their primary mission a goal of stopping the supply of drugs (even though they are completely ineffectual at it since they can only marginally affect the supply of legal drugs and have no effect at all on the illegal ones)-- or preserving health? When you see your doctor, do you want to be treated as a criminal suspect-- or as a human being?

We can either have our current drug laws-- or compassionate care for pain patients. The Hurwitz case shows that we cannot have both.

Link

VVVV Right click and choose "Play" VVVV

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any information
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:36:20 PM »

Information is sought on the identities and affiliates of the people responsible for placing these ads. It has been reported to the Office of Homeland Morality that frequent users of Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora have been seen fraternizing with these subjects. This is to inform you that your ass is mine.

You're Fucked
LOL
Bert "Gonzo" Ganzales
Homeland Morality Czar

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Re: The program is on the outside.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
$tr8 is a metaphor for the entire western market economy, authoritarian society.  Everywhere in the west, where there is an authority there is the program.  $tr8 was manifested out of a powerful social and personal fear of lawlessness and anarchy.  It is the cult of deception and illusion.

cop-out.

You are correct, sir!!!!

Our civilization is based on land ownership and useury.

Pay your taxes, peasant, or we'll take your land.

Like that dude said, the gang and the government they're no different.

Cop-out, indeed.  But it's a lonely life out here in the Autonomous Zone.  Don't let them catch you.  Stay high, stay free.  Death before dishonor, drugs before lunch.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 05:30:11 PM »
I'm all about making it as much less lonely as I can.

Every day, make someone think!

Offline MammaBird

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »
When I told a friend about straight years ago, she said "wow, it's them forcing you to be everything they try to teach you at school".  Yeah.

Offline basketball

• View Profile
school
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 12:47:01 AM »
they teach you at school to be afraid of your own shadow?
to believe that you're only going to end up DEAD, in a MENTAL INSTITUTION, or in PRISON.?
not to trust your own feelings, thoughts or ideas?
to constantly feel guilty as though EVERYTHING is your FAULT?

o.k.   perhaps

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Re: school
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 03:10:39 AM »
Quote from: ""basketball""
to believe that you're only going to end up DEAD, in a MENTAL INSTITUTION, or in PRISON.?
not to trust your own feelings, thoughts or ideas?
to constantly feel guilty as though EVERYTHING is your FAULT?

o.k.   perhaps

Check it out, man

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21466

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: school
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 09:44:40 AM »
Quote from: ""basketball""

I have this phobia..and suddenly.. suddenly.. it all of a sudden came on..it scares me..I'm afraid of my own shadow.. everywhere I turn it's there...

I have this idea that my own shadow is always choking me.. and he..he..gags me.. you know it's funny..it's a funny thing...he's always gagging and choking me..he's always.. he creeps around me..and when i'm in the batroom with myself..I'm always in a nice warm tub or sumpn..and i put nice cream on myself..he's always there lookin to choke me.. it's an awful thing..I feel very silly..i feel so sad about this..

could you help me??Cause he's always gagging me and choking me..and he's my own shadow, that's what's so scary...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You see?? Oh, god help us.. god help us.. god and baby jesus help us.. See? He always chokes me!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »
Well...Le's see here...some int'resting responses... :roll: (God help us indeed!)

What is the relationship between the public school system and a place like $tr8 inc. ???  or maybe better yet, what is the structure of society ???  How is it that someone has control over me ???  

...And I am free.  Free to get up and go to school and do as I'm told and recite the pledge of allegiance every mornin with a bunch of other kids my own age.  Free to attend assemblies of children singing brainwashed patriotic songs of nationalist pride.  That is only the most obvious commonality. Attendance at school is compulsory.  You are not given a choice.  If you choose not to attend school, you will be forced to go by the commonwealth or the state.  Laws prohibit children from exercising their natural autonomy, even up until the age of 18!!!  ok, now, le's see...so you're forced to go and stay awake in class and pay attention and sing all these songs and profess loyalty to the federal government before you're even old enough to know what it all means.  Then they tell you that experimenting with known psycho-active chemicals is terrible for you, even if you're intentions are to explore your own consciousness/reality.  All it really is, is a very subtle brainwash.  Then they "teach" you American History and you can be sure that's all aimed to manipulate you.  The whole time they keep askin you...every year the guidance councilor would call me into a room and ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  At first,  I said things like a fireman or a cowboy, but then as I got older I became suspicious and began to see patterns...like patterns of social control, like what happened to the natives of this country as they were finally all forced onto reservations, which my own mother made sure I understood when I was just a young kid.  And everything I learned about slavery and war.  And I begin to see the same pattern in it's present form at the time for me, which was the school system that constantly asked me what I wanted to be, as if what I was wasn't ok.  As if I weren't made from the same stardust as the trees.  But they acted like they were all about serving my interest but I found out when I resisted their questioning and begin to say 'bout 7th or 8th grade, that I just wanted left alone.  That's when they come with their scary threats of what my future might be if I don't do what I'm told and study their ways so I can become like them and be a cog in their machinery.  Which has made the world sick.

So I begin to ask myself: Why do they threaten me ??  Why do they need me so badly that they can't allow me to walk through the woods and follow the stream instead of forcing me to spend my days indoors under the mind-control-regime of some social authority; what are they afraid of ??  Why don't they want me to look out the window ??  What might I see ??  So I begin to wonder pretty hard about all this.  And I naturally realized that anyone or group of people, as the school system is, a public institution, that cannot reasonably and respectfully address me as a human bein, is not to be trusted.  My own intuition and common sense required me to withdraw from their influence if indeed I were to grow free.  I attended school less and less as I grew older and became more and more resistant to them and consequently found myself in more and more trouble with the authorities.  Eventually since I was not only a truant but a known  and admitted marijuana smoker, I was targeted by $tr8.  

Public school is an acculturation center.  $tr8 inc. is a re-acculturation center.  The kids who don't get the wash in school get sent to $tr8.  Kinda like in the story of Pinnochio when he gets sent to that donkey island and all the bad kids are slowly turnin into donkeys, growing donkey ears and hooves an' all, and they have to work for that mean ol' bastard with the whip, and the longer they're there the more donkeyish and less human they become,  ya know ??

What they want; the government, the people who are entrenched in the society and especially the wealthy and powerful is for the school systems to create through years of mental and physical conditioning, economic/patriotic slaves, who will go into debt while they get "educated" in colleges and universities and then be forced to pay taxes to an oppressive empire whose institutional nature is blind to humanity.  The authority of the government-establishment wants human tools to use and the school system(and religious institutions) along with places like $tr8 provide that commodity to them.  

The behavior of the greater society is pathological.  $tr8 is the manifestation of the real values of America.  But $tr8 is only one part of the overall historical pattern of the brainwash slavery.  To really cop-out you have to escape the whole western market economy.  

I believe in the right to self-defense, even though I do my very best to avoid violence.  I'm not opposed to an honorable fist fight or a standing militia for defensive purposes.  The seeeye-a and right now the American military(and British, etc.) are bein used like international 5th phasers to restrain the misbehavers and put them on consequences.  I don't support the troops, as such, cause I don't support the program.  I support the people.  All the people.  The G-8 and the World Bank, the IMF etc. and the  shady people behind those exploitive institutions are all program directors.  The politicians and lawmakers and federal judges are all staff.  The efBea-I  and Dee-E Ayyyye etc. and state and local cops are the domestic 5th phasers.    

When I was 17 and copped out and caught by the cops once, I told the cop I wanted to be emancipated but nothin come of it 'cause that fucker(as I dehumanize him now) had no respect for me as a human bein and I got took back to $tr8.

pirate out.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:38:13 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »
Public school is an acculturation center.  $tr8 inc. is a re-acculturation center.  The kids who don't get the wash in school get sent to $tr8.  Kinda like in the story of Pinnochio when he gets sent to that donkey island and all the bad kids are slowly turnin into donkeys, growing donkey ears and hooves an' all, and they have to work for that mean ol' bastard with the whip, and the longer they're there the more donkeyish and less human they become,  ya know ??

It's odd you should mention that; I was just talking about Pinnochio and that scene in particular with a friend the other night...

Yep,, "Pleasure Island."... Too ironic! ...Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 01:49:44 PM »
'sup Frod ??   ::bandit::

Yeah, what a scene huh ??  I don't think I have that book here, though!  It sounds like a scene I'd like to read again.

I gotta untie the line now though.

pirate out.

Fuck Authority.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »
'sup Frod ??   ::bandit::

Yeah, what a scene huh ??  I don't think I have that book here, though!  It sounds like a scene I'd like to read again.

Hey man...good..it's a beautiful day! :smokin:

Sure is... yeah it was a book first, but it was the movie I was talking about the other night (while likening it to the trickery of the program); it's classic animated Disney.. I'm guessing it was made sometime in the 40's...Frod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »
Hey.

I'm sorta inclined to check things out foe m'se'f, ya know ??  I don't believe no-one or thing who threatens or tries to intimidate me.  I'm a good punk like that, so I am.  I aint no malcontent, embittered prisoner of the past but I see the dynamics of my path; the tricky currents, the easy illusions, the painful suffering I must learn to endure...and it's a beautiful day alright.