Author Topic: Stright Building Virtual Replica-Morgan Yacht  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stright Building Virtual Replica-Morgan Yacht
« on: May 05, 2007, 08:28:57 AM »
In second life, the online virtual world , I went there, and OMG, There is a replica of the Morgan yacht building you can walk through.
In each room is a description of what happened and in big group room, well you will have to see it. Theres even that UGLY yellow carpet in the carpet room.
They are welcoming survivors to come leave your story to be put in the info stations in each room.
You can also talk to other survivors there.
The building wasnt completely finished when i went but they said it should be done today.
Oh, and on the wall of the office is pictures of all the staff, executives with their REAL profile.
It was hard to walk through but man they got it down to the detail and the main group room is one hell of a memorial.
             THEY ARE WANTING MORGAN YACHT SURVIVORS TO COME LEAVE YOUR STORY.
              IF YOUR FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM BUILDING YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR STORY TOO.

How to get there, I did what the post said. I went to secondlife.com got a free account and once i got off the island i typed in Straight Incoporated in the search and teleported over to the land.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stright Building Virtual Replica-Morgan Yacht
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:02:21 PM »
Caution!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness I have a good anti-virus program on my pc. I went to take a look at this and well ..... Let me tell you .... My PC flashed a big warning that told me that the download file is corrupt or is a virus.... My guess is the original author wants to ruin your PC, so my advice is ....DO NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ummm No
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »
Second life is a legit program that has been written up in all the major money magazines. It contains no virus.
go to www.secondlife.com and on the bottom left of site under "news" you can read all the reviews yourself.
Your PC flashing may be that you were at the wrong site, as there are many psuedo sites that cause this window to come , its an advertisement for antivirus software this happens often if you mis type a website.
Second life does require a recent pc to run.
Meaning that it is graphic intensive. You can look at the requirements on their website however, I have known people who have run it on less of a pc either way it will NOT cause your PC to "crash". Your graphics may freeze if your graphics card is old but thats old.

Tommorow there will be an update on the replica. I understand that they are also profiling some survivors for all their hard work such as Virginia, Richard, Wes, and many others.
I understand many have come by the replica building and gone through it while they were building it, asking questions and reading and many had a very shocked response when they learned of what happened for the first time.
From what I understand it is reaching people all over the world including reporters.